C'mon already!!!

Alaskan Grizzly

Looks as though Forte is now considering sitting out some if not all the Preseason games. Can't say as I blame him for the ideas listed (wear and tear and field conditions). The team needs to pull their head out and pay him. He is long term not a short fill.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2405064.story

And if you noticed as a side story, Knox is not happy with losing his "starting" job to Roy Williams. Oh boo hoo cry me a river. If you ran your routes and caught the ball....most times... you wouldn't be having to worry about it. I'm even more happy that they brought in the likes of Williams and Hurd to light a fire under Knox and any other WR that can't measure up.

Forte: He's talking about missing the pre-season. I think we have every intention of resigning him. The thing is, with Barber and Chester Taylor, he'd better be careful one of those guys don't overtake him as the top back. He needs to play.

I think we'll ultimately resign him. As the article talks about its good for players to be hungry.

Knox: Agree with you Grizz. Knox never should have been starting to begin with. The thing is, neither should Hester. Bennett's the man.

Looks as though Forte is now considering sitting out some if not all the Preseason games. Can't say as I blame him for the ideas listed (wear and tear and field conditions). The team needs to pull their head out and pay him. He is long term not a short fill.

And if you noticed as a side story, Knox is not happy with losing his "starting" job to Roy Williams. Oh boo hoo cry me a river. If you ran your routes and caught the ball....most times... you wouldn't be having to worry about it. I'm even more happy that they brought in the likes of Williams and Hurd to light a fire under Knox and any other WR that can't measure up.

Forte: He's talking about missing the pre-season. I think we have every intention of resigning him. The thing is, with Barber and Chester Taylor, he'd better be careful one of those guys don't overtake him as the top back. He needs to play.

I think we'll ultimately resign him. As the article talks about its good for players to be hungry.

Knox: Agree with you Grizz. Knox never should have been starting to begin with. The thing is, neither should Hester. Bennett's the man.

If I was the one setting up the depth chart I would have Williams at the 1, Knox at the 2 with Bennett at the 3. But the question is does it really matter because in this system Martz routinely runs 3 and 4 WR's out there on most plays so I don't see the issue plus this put a light under Knox as you know that he will won't to be paid as his contract will be expiring in a couple of years. I've also heard that with Danniel Manning gone he will be our primary kick return guy.

Agree completely, Bennett is the best of the rest from last year as he is the most rounded receiver. Maybe Hester will develop, he certainly has the talent.

I would hope that Forte will resign, he is a quality back.

so we drop Knox for poor route running & dropping the ball & start Williams who led the league in dropped balls the last 3 years. WOOHOO roll on the season.

seriously though this happens Knox needs to buckle down & work harder simple

Knox had 51 receptions and close to a thousand yards receiving last year. This does not give him a little "love" from the board? I certainly do not remember him having "hands" issues last year. If anything, I think this may cut back on Bennett, although I do not want to see that either. I like what I am hearing out of camp about Hester and I liked what I saw out of Knox and Bennett last year. I think picking up R Williams was a good move, but it is going to be a tough call and like Gary said, it may be a rotational factor.

Knox has a lot of upside, but he absolutely killed our offense at times last year. He put our QB in some bad positions by being in the wrong spot or just out-muscled on quick slant passes. That type of stuff is inexcuseable, imo.

Now that he's a year into this offense and continuing to get stronger, I expect him to make strides in that area and hopefully take his game to the next level. I still expect him to get the 2nd most snaps out of our wide-outs (ahead of Hester & Bennett).

I always freakout during the preseason games. Seeing a fallin player and waiting for that announcer to say "man that don't look good". The game gots to be played but I understand Forte's concern. He should be paid. Get that shit out the way so we can move on too football. As far as Knox and all the worries about loosing the job. Well this is the NFL brother if you can't handle the competition then get off the field. We need some fire and some beastly attitude. There is no idenity on our offense we are just kinda like old coach Lovie. I may regret saying that because Roy Likes to talk crap, but that is what i'm craving. Our old recievers are like little ants on the field. Finally we get some size and some attitude. Hope it pans out.

Knox had 51 receptions and close to a thousand yards receiving last year. This does not give him a little "love" from the board? I certainly do not remember him having "hands" issues last year. If anything, I think this may cut back on Bennett, although I do not want to see that either. I like what I am hearing out of camp about Hester and I liked what I saw out of Knox and Bennett last year. I think picking up R Williams was a good move, but it is going to be a tough call and like Gary said, it may be a rotational factor.

I like Knox but I just don't see him as a starter. To me he drops too many balls and is not strong enough to get off CB's, go across the middle, etc.... I am glad he is around but at this point feel we need a guy who never drops balls to be the starter.

I like Knox but I just don't see him as a starter. To me he drops too many balls and is not strong enough to get off CB's, go across the middle, etc.... I am glad he is around but at this point feel we need a guy who never drops balls to be the starter.

And the name of a WR who never drops balls is ???????????

Knox has a lot of upside, but he absolutely killed our offense at times last year. He put our QB in some bad positions by being in the wrong spot or just out-muscled on quick slant passes. That type of stuff is inexcuseable, imo.

Now that he's a year into this offense and continuing to get stronger, I expect him to make strides in that area and hopefully take his game to the next level. I still expect him to get the 2nd most snaps out of our wide-outs (ahead of Hester & Bennett).

That's how I remember it with Knox. He was either boom or bust. For a big chunk of the season he led the league in yards after catch. There were just too many of those plays where he cuts right and the pass goes left. I'm sure it wasn't always his fault, but it seemed like it happened to him more then anyone else.

As for him getting out-muscled, the dude is tiny. I read he's gained muscle weight during the offseason, but he's MAYBE 5-7. Might be even less.

I see Knox as the kind of guy you don't hear much from and then you get the big strike. Earl Bennett is the guy you want out there moving the chances. I'm not sure what to expect from Roy Williams. Hopefully 90 catches for 140 yards.

I see Knox as the kind of guy you don't hear much from and then you get the big strike. Earl Bennett is the guy you want out there moving the chances. I'm not sure what to expect from Roy Williams. Hopefully 90 catches for 140 yards.

Talk about a piss poor YPC, LOL

And the name of a WR who never drops balls is ???????????

Exactly. Everyone drops balls. Some more than others of course. Does Knox have any incentives in his contract based on playing time or starts. Honestly I think getting Williams is good news for Hester Bennett and Knox because although Williams Is inconsistent and his hands are not great he has proven to be a weapon and defenders must at least respect his ability which could open things up even more for the other receivers and Forte could have another HUGE year and from what I've heard we should expect his extension to be done b4 regular season starts

Talk about a piss poor YPC, LOL

Who has the bad yards per catch? Williams, Knox, or both? Bennett?

With Bennett, if you needed 5 yards, he was your most reliable receiver.

I like Knox, I just think he's limited physically.

I'm optimistic about Roy Williams.

Exactly. Everyone drops balls. Some more than others of course. Does Knox have any incentives in his contract based on playing time or starts. Honestly I think getting Williams is good news for Hester Bennett and Knox because although Williams Is inconsistent and his hands are not great he has proven to be a weapon and defenders must at least respect his ability which could open things up even more for the other receivers and Forte could have another HUGE year and from what I've heard we should expect his extension to be done b4 regular season starts

Knox is still on his rookie contract so I find it hard to believe that there's a ton of incentive money in that deal for him.

With Bennett, if you needed 5 yards, he was your most reliable receiver.

I like Knox, I just think he's limited physically.

I'm optimistic about Roy Williams.

Read your original post. You predicted 90 catches and 140 yards for Williams.

I was just kidding around, in your post you said "Hopefully 90 catches for 140 yards" when talking about Williams, I am sure you meant 1400 yards, but at 90/140 it would work out to a 1.55 YPC, :D

Knox, to me, is a frustrating player to watch. He doesn't fight for the ball and there's no reason to not at least try, and he doesn't break many tackles, which I guess is understandable given his size. This may not bode well for Knox, as rumors out of camp say he wants a new deal also and he's looking for Hester money. For that reason alone, they should start preparing to move on without him. If he indeed wants $40m and $20m of it guaranteed, he can go elsewhere.

To me, Bennett and Hester OR Williams should start.

As for Forte, I've been saying since he came into the league that he's arguably better than Adrian Peterson. He's a better receiver, he barely fumbles, and he's a much better blocker. There is no doubting that AD is more powerful (and even that could be questioned after the way Forte showed up to Bourbonnais) but there is much more to being a RB than a player's strength. In conclusion, he needs a new contract and I'd bet he'll get one soon.

Knox should be upset he's losing his starting role. If he wasn't upset there'd be plenty to worry about. It seems clear he's already gotten the message...get better in route running. He is still going to be one of our top 4 and he'll get plenty of opportunities to prove he's better.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/site/newspap...0,3561864.story

Strength added by all Original recievers during off season. I doubt strength will be an issue, It will be route running. Have to look at several others in the mix as well, Dane is one, From all reports he is making a statement in camp. Hurd is also making people notice.

Williams

Knox

Hester

Bennett

Hurd

Dane

Bold are special teamers in some form.

An yone know how many we kept last year?

If they were smart, the starting WR's would be Roy Williams and Knox with Earl Bennett as your slot receiver. Seems like the most logical thing to do imo. But knowing the Bears it'll probably be some freak up lineup of Williams and Hester with Knox as the 4th or 5 receiver. I'm not a big fan of Knox after witnessing so many dropped balls last year and his inability to hold onto the football, but it's pretty obvious to me he should be among the first 3 WR on our team. Earl has the best hands on the team, he should play the slot in a Wes Welker type role, whereas Knox is your speed threat opposite of Roy Williams and Hester can come in if he has to as a 4th or 5th receiver. Idk why the Bears are so hell bent on making Hester into an All Pro receiver, he doesn't have the hands for it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,4454141.story

Hester not making it easy descision.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,7546955.story

Knox being held out 2 Practices I think is making it hard on him being a starter at this point, Others are getting the shot.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,4491884.story

Guys like this one are making a splash so far.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/site/newspap...0,3561864.story

Strength added by all Original recievers during off season. I doubt strength will be an issue, It will be route running. Have to look at several others in the mix as well, Dane is one, From all reports he is making a statement in camp. Hurd is also making people notice.

Williams

Knox

Hester

Bennett

Hurd

Dane

Bold are special teamers in some form.

An yone know how many we kept last year?

Hey Grizz last year we kept 5 receivers. DA, hester, knox, bennett and Davis. We have kept 5 for the past several seasons if my memory serves me correct, but I'm hearing that if Dane keeps this up especially in games we could easily go to 6 especially now after Olsen was traded