C'mon already!!!

Alaskan Grizzly

We certainly did not make the big splash in FA as last year but I think overall was a solid FA signings. I am happy that the Bears finally brought in some big bodies to compete at WR and hopeful will provide a nice physical target for Cutler that will complement the speed receivers (knox / hester):

I expect this team to be much more physical on Offense this season especially with the addition of RB Marion "the Barbarian." Again many of us were hoping for a key addition to the OL which so far has not happen but I do like that the OL is much bigger than the past few years as well.

Adams, Kris * 84 WR 6-3 195 UTEP R 23 Bennett, Earl 80 WR 6-0 206 Vanderbilt 4 24 Cobb, Travis * 15 WR 6-0 180 Arizona R 24 Fantuz, Andy 83 WR 6-4 215 Western Ontario 1 27 Hester, Devin 23 WR 5-11 190 Miami 6 28 Hurd, Sam 81 WR 6-3 200 Northern Illinois 6 26 Jones, Onrea 17 WR 6-0 202 Hampton 1 27 Knox, Johnny 13 WR 6-0 185 Abilene-Christian 3 24 Sanzenbacher, Dane * 18 WR 5-11 180 Ohio St. R 22 Williams, Roy 11 WR 6-3 215 Texas 8 29 Young, Jimmy * 19 WR 6-1 208 TCU R 24

Clark, Desmond 88 TE 6-3 249 Wake Forest 13 34 Davis, Kellen 87 TE 6-7 267 Michigan State 4 25 Smith, Andre * 85 TE 6-5 267 Virginia Tech R 22 Spaeth, Matt 89 TE 6-7 260 Minnesota 5 26

Well said Brian...

Knox, to me, is a frustrating player to watch. He doesn't fight for the ball and there's no reason to not at least try, and he doesn't break many tackles, which I guess is understandable given his size. This may not bode well for Knox, as rumors out of camp say he wants a new deal also and he's looking for Hester money. For that reason alone, they should start preparing to move on without him. If he indeed wants $40m and $20m of it guaranteed, he can go elsewhere.

To me, Bennett and Hester OR Williams should start.

As for Forte, I've been saying since he came into the league that he's arguably better than Adrian Peterson. He's a better receiver, he barely fumbles, and he's a much better blocker. There is no doubting that AD is more powerful (and even that could be questioned after the way Forte showed up to Bourbonnais) but there is much more to being a RB than a player's strength. In conclusion, he needs a new contract and I'd bet he'll get one soon.

Forte threatening to sit out the preseason games is kinda hilarious since he only had 12 carries last preseason.Last night he was interviewed live on the local NBC affiliate and he basically told Mike Adamle that questions about his contract and threatened sit out of preseason games were off limits. IMO I believe he realizes now that what he is saying about the situation is causing a bit of a distraction.

I heard his quotes in one interview with Fox 32's Lou Cannellis where he said" That would be a consideration" when asked about possibly sitting out the games if no extention was signed by then. Before I heard that quote Cannellis teased the story as Forte threatens to sit out preseason games. Based on the actual quote Cannelis' comments were not accurate.

Forte threatening to sit out the preseason games is kinda hilarious since he only had 12 carries last preseason.Last night he was interviewed live on the local NBC affiliate and he basically told Mike Adamle that questions about his contract and threatened sit out of preseason games were off limits. IMO I believe he realizes now that what he is saying about the situation is causing a bit of a distraction.

I heard his quotes in one interview with Fox 32's Lou Cannellis where he said" That would be a consideration" when asked about possibly sitting out the games if no extention was signed by then. Before I heard that quote Cannellis teased the story as Forte threatens to sit out preseason games. Based on the actual quote Cannelis' comments were not accurate.

This is why the Bears M.O. works. He'll get his contract extension, the Bears want to keep him, all they want is for him to keep his mouth shut on the air, because stuff like this can dominate the news coverage of the preseason if you let it.

I think this is pretty clear from the McCaskey's.

As for Forte,McCaskey is aware that the running back has talked about possibly not playing Saturday unless he gets the contract extension he and his agent have been discussing with the Bears.

"Matt's been an outstanding contributor for us," McCaskey told "The Mully & Hanley Show" on WSCR-AM 670. "He knows we want to extend him, (general manager) Jerry Angelo told him that. Jerry also asked him to be patient. ... We signed 48 guys in four days and wanted to get that taken care of before directing our attentions to extending guys that have existing contracts. Matt knows how highly we value him and how much we want him to be a Chicago Bear for some time to come."

Asked if the deal could be done before Saturday's preseason opener, McCaskey said, "I don't know what the timetable is, but I think (contract negotiator) Cliff Stein's track record and Jerry Angelo's track record are pretty good on that subject."

The Bears are saving some of their cap space and cash for Matt Forte's contract extension. Angelo said the team has yet to begin negotiating with Forte, but the plan is to start soon.

In a normal year, either Forte would have been extended by now, or talks would have been tabled. NFL teams were not allowed to negotiate contracts during the lockout.

As for Forte's unrest and talk about sitting out exhibition games, which have been obvious in his public statements, Angelo said, "We've had a real good track record about extensions. I've told Matt to focus on being the best he can be and doing his job. We'll do the same."

Link