Lets Set The Record Straight!

lemonej

Be Passionate, post your feelings and have a few laughs in the process of enjoying what we all should love talking football and about the Bears.None of the people who have administrator next to their names wants to censor anything that anyone says but, if some of the personal stuff continues we will be forced to in the beginning to edit a few posts ( whether its clean up the language or delete personal attacks) or take more drastic measures. Incidently I am not a fan of anything that reduces freedom of speech,but forums have the right to govern what is being transmitted on its site.

I like eveyrone's posts whether I agree or not but I respond to the posts most frequently when the subject mattter doesn't become a personal conversation between two posters with very strong aand aggressive views toward each other.

Why is all of this relavent to me? Its simple. The only reason why I found myself on the old site is because of the negative posts that took away from the discussion of the original topic on another site that was more of a national blog.

All I'm asking is that when you post don't make it personal unless you play for the Bears or you work in management. If the latter is the case this definately is not the site for you.

Agreed. I just said similar in the thread that got a little heated.

You are spot on. First off, as an admin of this board you shouldn't have to warn people that you can edit posts. That's the price of playing. If you come to this site to post, expect to be governed by the rules up front. Where freedom of speech comes in is if you want to start up your own site or blog. Then you can say anything you want. I agree that any over-editing or too much, and you'll lose viewership. So, it's a fine line.

I've had my fair share of disagreements...but I honestly can't recall I time I ever made it personal. If so, anyone, please call me out and tell me so! (My name isn't GladLithuanian after all!)

Overall I think all the admins do a super job here! Sometimes one is quicker on the trigger or slower on the trigger than some would like...but overall, I don't think a fan base could ask for a better group of guys running a fan site. Keep up the good work fellas.

PS - If anyone work for Bears management...could you hook me up with a gig?! (...not to belittle your statment lemonej...I just would love to to get paid to work for what I love!)

Be Passionate, post your feelings and have a few laughs in the process of enjoying what we all should love talking football and about the Bears.None of the people who have administrator next to their names wants to censor anything that anyone says but, if some of the personal stuff continues we will be forced to in the beginning to edit a few posts ( whether its clean up the language or delete personal attacks) or take more drastic measures. Incidently I am not a fan of anything that reduces freedom of speech,but forums have the right to govern what is being transmitted on its site.

I like eveyrone's posts whether I agree or not but I respond to the posts most frequently when the subject mattter doesn't become a personal conversation between two posters with very strong aand aggressive views toward each other.

Why is all of this relavent to me? Its simple. The only reason why I found myself on the old site is because of the negative posts that took away from the discussion of the original topic on another site that was more of a national blog.

All I'm asking is that when you post don't make it personal unless you play for the Bears or you work in management. If the latter is the case this definately is not the site for you.

Good thoughts. And I agree.

However, some of the better posters have already chosen not to post here anymore because of the negative energy that has been allowed to run free for quite some time. The constant barrage of negative waves about the same things over and over again gets old very quickly and is the definition of trolling. And as far as the personal attacks go, there should be no tolerance for it. But I have never witnessed anyone reprimanded for it.

Hopefully this board can turn it around and become what it used to be.

Good thoughts. And I agree.

However, some of the better posters have already chosen not to post here anymore because of the negative energy that has been allowed to run free for quite some time. The constant barrage of negative waves about the same things over and over again gets old very quickly and is the definition of trolling. And as far as the personal attacks go, there should be no tolerance for it. But I have never witnessed anyone reprimanded for it.

Hopefully this board can turn it around and become what it used to be.

Actually I can say, first hand, that there was a "discussion" i was a part of some time ago that veered way off Bears football and became personal in nature. I was the one in the wrong in this instance and was in fact told to knock it off via a personal message or email by one of the Admin. When it was brought to my attention I apologized and that too was handled with professional discretion. I'll second what Mad Lith said and that the fellas here have done well and continue to do well. Thank you for your work.

I don't know for sure if I'm included in the "negative" side of things, but I suspect it's a veiled nudge.

What I want to know is this...

If person A sees something on the field that the Bears suck at, points it out, and that thing is never addressed, shouldn't they keep pointing it out? After all, this isn't the site to just praise everything as perfect. And if that same thing remains relatively unaddressed, but one of the coaches says things are suddenly great, why should anyone drink the koolaid? Finally, if a counter argument arises wherein a poster says something similar to "they know what they're doing, you don't, and I'm crying into my keyboard because you guys are so negative," isn't their post, which is positive when it comes to the Bears' side of the report, the actual post that is directly focusing on another poster, and NOT Chicago Bears football?

I don't know for sure if I'm included in the "negative" side of things, but I suspect it's a veiled nudge.

What I want to know is this...

If person A sees something on the field that the Bears suck at, points it out, and that thing is never addressed, shouldn't they keep pointing it out? After all, this isn't the site to just praise everything as perfect. And if that same thing remains relatively unaddressed, but one of the coaches says things are suddenly great, why should anyone drink the koolaid? Finally, if a counter argument arises wherein a poster says something similar to "they know what they're doing, you don't, and I'm crying into my keyboard because you guys are so negative," isn't their post, which is positive when it comes to the Bears' side of the report, the actual post that is directly focusing on another poster, and NOT Chicago Bears football?

You're not negative. You're real! You tell the truth and sometimes some of us can't take it. Myself included. I made a reference to me being told that I was a tad sensitive(by you) and after I thought about it,I felt you were right. You also took me to task for a personal attack from me on a poster. You made me realize again I was wrong and I made a board apology for doing it, so if you think that I am referring to you as being negative in a round-about way, that is not the case. Iam basically talking about a couple of posters who know what I'm talking about that were getting extremely personal with each other a couple of weeks ago. I have seen some snipping from time to time recently but I just feel that with increased activity of the board because there is actual football to talk about,we need to remember that there are rules and a certain code of respect that should be maintained.

Again this is not directed to you at all. This is everyone in general.

The problem is, every time an admin tries to step in, delete a thread, reprimand a member, we get criticized for censorship and people threaten to leave because of that as well. Somewhere there has to be a "medium ground" acceptable to all. To be honest, there are 2 or 3 that are wearing thin on my nerves but that is me, my personality showing through, and others may not feel the same way.

The problem is, every time an admin tries to step in, delete a thread, reprimand a member, we get criticized for censorship and people threaten to leave because of that as well. Somewhere there has to be a "medium ground" acceptable to all. To be honest, there are 2 or 3 that are wearing thin on my nerves but that is me, my personality showing through, and others may not feel the same way.

Thanks Pix maybe coming from you everyone will understand that they need to just be a little more civil toward each other since the original topic most of us start out on is the Bears and football

See, if Alaska and I can agree on something, anything is possible! ;)

Always good banter my friend! :cheers

Actually I can say, first hand, that there was a "discussion" i was a part of some time ago that veered way off Bears football and became personal in nature. I was the one in the wrong in this instance and was in fact told to knock it off via a personal message or email by one of the Admin. When it was brought to my attention I apologized and that too was handled with professional discretion. I'll second what Mad Lith said and that the fellas here have done well and continue to do well. Thank you for your work.

It is a fine line you guys have to tread Pix. I really do commend you and all the admins here for handling those difficult tasks. You guys are very lenient and fair I think.

Honestly speaking, anyone that pretty much pulls a Cartman and says "Screw you guys, I'm going home!" is just being silly. This isn't a free speech issue in the least. As a personal student of our Constitution, Ammendments and Bills of Rights, freedom of speech isn't being curtailed. Any poster has the right to buy his own site and start posting away. You need to follow the rules of the owners of this site if you want to be involved. And I mentioned on a different post, it's up to the admins/owners of the site to make sure that their actions aren't so greivous to lose viewership. That is where it becomes tricky. Like any hard decision, you may end up losing one person, but you may retain 3...

I hope I'm not one of the 2-3 that's wearing on you! I post a lot...and I can be negative, but I think I always support my arguments and do see positives as well. And I can be convinced of an opposing view with evidence. I know it may not please some folks, but I'd like to think I'm adding something to the conversation...

Bottom line, I don't want to lose any posters here. I enjoy all the banter...even TerraTors!

:dabears

I would like to point out that's why I'm not an admin on this board even though I was an admin on the other board, and posted way back when it first started (as well as Webway Monsters).

My "demotion" stemps from too many huwt feewings.

I would like to point out that's why I'm not an admin on this board even though I was an admin on the other board, and posted way back when it first started (as well as Webway Monsters).

My "demotion" stemps from too many huwt feewings.

I think you should drive to Alaska and kick Grizzly's ass for suggesting the offensive line might be mediocre :) I have to admit, I do love it when people go Springer on the Internet while bitching about the Bears.

While I don't know that Alaskan ever said that about the o-line, I'm going to go to my GPS and type in "Anchorage" to see what the drive time would be.

I think you should drive to Alaska and kick Grizzly's ass for suggesting the offensive line might be mediocre :) I have to admit, I do love it when people go Springer on the Internet while bitching about the Bears.

While I don't know that Alaskan ever said that about the o-line, I'm going to go to my GPS and type in "Anchorage" to see what the drive time would be.

Ok I'm game. I have no clue what you're talking about.

And I live 40 miles(ish) from Anchorage so that would be 40 less you'd have to drive. I invite any and all to come to our Great State. Especially during the lonnnnnnggggg winter. :bears

Ok I'm game. I have no clue what you're talking about.

And I live 40 miles(ish) from Anchorage so that would be 40 less you'd have to drive. I invite any and all to come to our Great State. Especially during the lonnnnnnggggg winter. :bears

I'm not sure what he's talking about either. My "demotion" didn't involve you. We've had friendly banter and you never cried like a little girl when one of your posts was rightfully modified by an admin.