Buffalo Bills @ Chicago Bears, 8/13/11

balta1701-A

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure that Okoye shouldn't be the starter over Anthony Adams. I guess the extra size is nice but I really like the potential of Okoye and Melton inside.

I'm telling you, this guy is basically a free draft pick. Only 24(?) and not properly utilized in Houston. He is going to have an AWESOME year!!!

For what its worth, I also hope that Adams does well. Urlacher likes him an awful lot. In my book that is legit.

I'm telling you, this guy is a basic free draft pick. Only 24(?) and not properly utilized in Houston. He is going to have an AWESOME year!!!

For what its worth, I also hope that Adams does well. Urlacher likes him an awful lot. In my book that is legit.

Thats exactly what I was just telling people. Experienced in the league and still 24. Good pick up.

I also like what I saw from Vernon Gholston. With Wooton's injury, and who knows the extent of it (hopefully not serious) he'll get more looks. He showed tonight that he is capable of making some plays not only in the pass rush game but filling up the gaps and stopping the run. He was in on quite a few tackles. I hope he makes this team. You can never have enough pass rushers.

Umm. I dont think its any matter of sucking, I think its amtter of knowing eachother. With Garza on center and what else has changed I think by the end of camp you will see a whole different play from the line. They are very young and will improve greatly with the right teaching. Also Buffalos line was pretty intact from last year.

I like that I can't haven't been able to see this game live. From the comments you guys have made I'm nearly sick to my stomach.

The catch-22 for Martz disgusts me.

Implement your actual entire offense, something that can attack a defense and exploit matchups for maximum gains: Get QBs hurt.

Don't implement your actual entire offense, and your offense will probably finish 15th in the NFL.

My god...why in the world was the OL not upgraded? The lack of attention is absolutely maddening. That will be the downfall of this team the entire year.

I like that I can't haven't been able to see this game live. From the comments you guys have made I'm nearly sick to my stomach.

The catch-22 for Martz disgusts me.

Implement your actual entire offense, something that can attack a defense and exploit matchups for maximum gains: Get QBs hurt.

Don't implement your actual entire offense, and your offense will probably finish 15th in the NFL.

My god...why in the world was the OL not upgraded? The lack of attention is absolutely maddening. That will be the downfall of this team the entire year.

Ummm its far from a catch 22 when the running game and short passing are productive. He just needs to get over the fact that he is Mike Martz and run the more effective plays like any good non "genius" OC would do. I just hope he learned his lesson last year.

BTW I agree the line sucked, but I hope they can get better by the end of the preseason.

Like last year when they made it one game from returning to the Super Bowl?

One more time and pay attention to the numbers. Teams are at their 80-90 man rosters right now. Soon they will be downsizing (to include the Bears) to reach their eventual goal of the 53 man roster for the regular season. Also keep in mind that right now, the Bears are in the neighborhood of $20 million in cap space (that again doesn't include the extension they "promised" Forte) and the loss of a player or two here of note ; see Taylor (?).

If the team needs OLmen, they will get an OL man. You think Cutler doesn't have SOME say in how the offense runs? You think he enjoys being sacked? As much as you may dislike Martz or any of the other coaches, they aren't that stupid. They'll get the pieces in place.

One more time and pay attention to the numbers. Teams are at their 80-90 man rosters right now. Soon they will be downsizing (to include the Bears) to reach their eventual goal of the 53 man roster for the regular season. Also keep in mind that right now, the Bears are in the neighborhood of $20 million in cap space (that again doesn't include the extension they "promised" Forte) and the loss of a player or two here of note ; see Taylor (?).

If the team needs OLmen, they will get an OL man. You think Cutler doesn't have SOME say in how the offense runs? You think he enjoys being sacked? As much as you may dislike Martz or any of the other coaches, they aren't that stupid. They'll get the pieces in place.

Agreed.

Nobody will disagree that the OL sucks, jason.

But if they progress as a unit the way they did in the 2nd half as last year's OL, the Bears can do some damage. The Bears D is spectacular and even deeper than last year's.

Plus, remember Forte is in a contract year and he's going to run like a mad man.

Jason you Make a meaningless game Feel like a Rotten regular regular season getting beaten by the Lions, Dude, Lighten up please. and think positive. For no practices till camp this was expected.

Expected? Yes (which is already a shame).

Unavoidable? Absolutely not. Everyone and their brother - except JA and staff - thought the OL was the #1 flaw, and next to nothing was done to address it in FA. It showed. Badly. There are probably fans on Bills message boards jerking it to Merriman right now because of how bad the Bears' OL played in the first half.

Admittedly, I'm more of a glass half empty kind of guy. But it disgusts me that a known problem was more or less ignored.

If you want my glass half full side, I think the DL has the potential to be great. I liked what I saw out of Gholston for the most part, and Okoye looks like a beast. Add in Melton, Izzy, and Peppers and I am nearly salivating. And that's not even considering Paea's potential.

As always, the D has to shoulder the load.

The problem is anybody any good has already been signed somewhere else.

Yes, like last year when the OL was clearly not the reason they made it that far, and was VERY clearly the reason they stopped where they did.

The problem is anybody any good has already been signed somewhere else.

I think the name Stinchcomb just popped up yesterday and L. Davis is still available. Those names may not be Pro Bowl but are they an improvent? Maybe. Are they cheap? Could be. Are they good?

Teams are still 30 or so over their max roster, patience is a virtue.

Admittedly, I'm more of a glass half empty kind of guy. But it disgusts me that a known problem was more or less ignored.

Jason you dont give yourself enough credit. You're the type of guy thats glass will NEVER fills up. How can you be so convinced the team is done looking for another OLman? Is the regular season starting tomorrow?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Stinchcomb

Stinchomb was a pro bowler...

Actually, as was Davis...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Davis

I think the name Stinchcomb just popped up yesterday and L. Davis is still available. Those names may not be Pro Bowl but are they an improvent? Maybe. Are they cheap? Could be. Are they good?

Teams are still 30 or so over their max roster, patience is a virtue.