Good for Lovie!!!

Alaskan Grizzly

I heard about this from a co-worker of mine. Said that Lovie didn't like the rule changing the location of Kickoffs so he "rebelled" during the game the other night. And contrary to the article I believe the Bears were penalized once for this. Steltz' caused fumble during one return was nullified during the first half because of it...I believe.

Is it me or do the Bears seem to have an air of nastiness about them this year? I like it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl-wp5084

I heard about this from a co-worker of mine. Said that Lovie didn't like the rule changing the location of Kickoffs so he "rebelled" during the game the other night. And contrary to the article I believe the Bears were penalized once for this. Steltz' caused fumble during one return was nullified during the first half because of it...I believe.

Is it me or do the Bears seem to have an air of nastiness about them this year? I like it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl-wp5084

The basic scoop is that the Bears wanted to cover KO's so they could evaluate coverage skills.

They weren't penalized for doing it. Why? What are they going to do move the ball back even further guaranteeing a return?

They were penalized for lining up too far behind the line - a new rule designed to keep players from getting too far a running start. Ironically, this is all they have to do to get the ball kicked off at the 30 anyways.

The basic scoop is that the Bears wanted to cover KO's so they could evaluate coverage skills.

They weren't penalized for doing it. Why? What are they going to do move the ball back even further guaranteeing a return?

They were penalized for lining up too far behind the line - a new rule designed to keep players from getting too far a running start. Ironically, this is all they have to do to get the ball kicked off at the 30 anyways.

Exactly! The NFL threw the baby out with the bathwater on this one. The double jeopardy approach was heavy handed, and just having the "must be within 5 yards of the ball"-rule would have been sufficient for their fake concern. I say fake because it's not like the difference between 5 and 10 yards will mean much since the players are still running 15-50 yards and making collisions anyway.

Exactly! The NFL threw the baby out with the bathwater on this one. The double jeopardy approach was heavy handed, and just having the "must be within 5 yards of the ball"-rule would have been sufficient for their fake concern. I say fake because it's not like the difference between 5 and 10 yards will mean much since the players are still running 15-50 yards and making collisions anyway.

Agreed. This is by far one of the dumbest rule changes in recent memory.I wonder which coach on the competition committee proposed this crap.First it was the elimination of the amount of players in the "wedge" the previous season and now this garbage. What next? The kickoff returns and punt returns are two of the most exciting plays in the game so why screw with them? Who gains an advantage in this offense or defense? I say defense so is this a backhanded way of evening up the score after about 25 years of tweaking the rules to favor the offense and scoring?