A take on the oline

azbearsfan

Guest TerraTor

so basically hes sayin what i said for Carimi and Webb. Carimi played 4 years at LT against top competition and was drafted in 1st Round.. So ud figure he would play LT.... Jmarcus Webb doesnt have the talent to play either side

so basically hes sayin what i said for Carimi and Webb. Carimi played 4 years at LT against top competition and was drafted in 1st Round.. So ud figure he would play LT.... Jmarcus Webb doesnt have the talent to play either side

Not that I necessarily agree, but the "experts" have been saying that the most natural position for J Webb is LT and Carimi is best at RT. Carimi is more of a mauling run blocker and not as strong in pass protection. The Bears agreed with the experts.

The thing I don't get about J Webb is that he's so big with the huge feet, he's always going to struggle against quick ends. Would someone remind me why Chris Williams was moved? Nobody ever said he was bad at LT until long after the fact.

Would someone remind me why Chris Williams was moved? Nobody ever said he was bad at LT until long after the fact.

DING DING!!! I thought there must be someone else out there who agreed with me. If recollection serves me right, Williams played zero in his position year one due to a lingering back injury. Then suddenly Tice comes in (or sometime near that time frame) and he is moved to Guard. Although I'm still convinced LAST YEAR they did it to work on his footwork. Yet he is still there. Obviously out of position. The question I have now is why is he not back where he should be, at LT? Not sure how "they" can evaluate him on a position he has virtually not played since coming into the League.

DING DING!!! I thought there must be someone else out there who agreed with me. If recollection serves me right, Williams played zero in his position year one due to a lingering back injury. Then suddenly Tice comes in (or sometime near that time frame) and he is moved to Guard. Although I'm still convinced LAST YEAR they did it to work on his footwork. Yet he is still there. Obviously out of position. The question I have now is why is he not back where he should be, at LT? Not sure how "they" can evaluate him on a position he has virtually not played since coming into the League.

With the problems we have on the O-line, if Williams could play LT they would stick him there. I would assume he simply cant handle it.

The key to me is the Bears have some quality youth in Webb, Carimi, and hopefully Williams. Garza is a solid vet and the other spot is the question. It would appear that Lance Louis doesn't have it, but maybe he'll develop. Ideally we'd have at least two vets around the three young players. You have to remember Webb is raw, Carimi is a rook, and Williams is still barely into his career as a guard.

Not that I necessarily agree, but the "experts" have been saying that the most natural position for J Webb is LT and Carimi is best at RT. Carimi is more of a mauling run blocker and not as strong in pass protection. The Bears agreed with the experts.

The thing I don't get about J Webb is that he's so big with the huge feet, he's always going to struggle against quick ends. Would someone remind me why Chris Williams was moved? Nobody ever said he was bad at LT until long after the fact.

Exactamundo!

That's why I want an OL that looks like this:

Williams - OG - Spencer - Garza - Carimi

Hell, Webb is so huge and the Bears are so fond of moving guys around, I bet he'd fit just right at LG. Probably do better there than at LT.

The key to me is the Bears have some quality youth in Webb, Carimi, and hopefully Williams. Garza is a solid vet and the other spot is the question. It would appear that Lance Louis doesn't have it, but maybe he'll develop. Ideally we'd have at least two vets around the three young players. You have to remember Webb is raw, Carimi is a rook, and Williams is still barely into his career as a guard.

Trust me, nobody has forgotten what you've said. In fact, you're arguing for a side that nobody is debating. It's not about their lack of experience; it's about their lack of experience and training at the position they're currently playing.

I just dont see Webb ever having quick enough footwork to be a consistent LT week to week. Even his attitude drives me nuts. I assume some of you heard the snip its of him saying he didnt match Merrimans intensity because it was a preseason game. It just amazes me that the coaches dont acknowledge he might be an issue this season. We have arguably the best defensive end in the NFL and youd think Webbs inabilities would show in practice.

I just dont see Webb ever having quick enough footwork to be a consistent LT week to week. Even his attitude drives me nuts. I assume some of you heard the snip its of him saying he didnt match Merrimans intensity because it was a preseason game. It just amazes me that the coaches dont acknowledge he might be an issue this season. We have arguably the best defensive end in the NFL and youd think Webbs inabilities would show in practice.

There's obviously 2 ways to read that statement though...the way you did, and the way where he's saying that because he knows he needs to play better.

Exactamundo!

That's why I want an OL that looks like this:

Williams - OG - Spencer - Garza - Carimi

Hell, Webb is so huge and the Bears are so fond of moving guys around, I bet he'd fit just right at LG. Probably do better there than at LT.

See Jason? We can agree after all. I like that line up..and it's not beyond the realm of possibility.