Excellent Good, Bad and Ugly

Drunkntailgater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgMEZhkfwwY...093&index=2

YBR does a great breakdown of the offensive line. And I was saying as soon as I was watching my DVR last night that I don't think we'll see Lance Lewis starting week 2 of preseason. He is by far the weakest link on the offensive line.

YBR does a great breakdown of the offensive line. And I was saying as soon as I was watching my DVR last night that I don't think we'll see Lance Lewis starting week 2 of preseason. He is by far the weakest link on the offensive line.

Sorry I am the newest member but is it me or has Tice built this line for the ground and pound and not better suited for pass defense. We crushed the bills running the ball the whole game. Is it no coincidence that the bigger stronger but less nimble footed would be better suited for the run game. With Tice's new contract and Martz with out one, does anyone think that Martz may have to severely change his still of play calling this year tight end or no pass catching tight end to keep his job.

Very good analysis and I relly like how he showed the clock timing the QB holding the ball. I feel he is correct about getting rid of the ball but ,I dispute the reason why they are holding it too long.Its been what most of the QBs Martz has coached has done hold the ball waiting for the longer routes to open up. His scheme has been notorius for giving up lots of sacks. I don't think it has anything to do with a " TC enternal clock".

Welcome board!

I think you definitley have a point. Tice has always been about big bodies moving the pile. Martz and Smith, not so much. I'd like to see the OL not only be able to pound, but have some semblance of QB protection. I can't imagine Martz would allow Tice to call the shots...but oddly, if going by last year, he kind of is.

Sorry I am the newest member but is it me or has Tice built this line for the ground and pound and not better suited for pass defense. We crushed the bills running the ball the whole game. Is it no coincidence that the bigger stronger but less nimble footed would be better suited for the run game. With Tice's new contract and Martz with out one, does anyone think that Martz may have to severely change his still of play calling this year tight end or no pass catching tight end to keep his job.

We can't have early pressure up the middle. I see Webb's weakness on the edge, even Carimi, getting pushed back but both these guys are big enough to force their guys wide past the QB but the QB has to be able to step up. If Lance Louis plays like this again he's done.

You're right about Tice with building a line to run the ball. Tice is known for always wanting to run the ball. The biggest thing that we can hope for here is that our Running Game gets to be very dominate, then the run will open up the game for the passing game.

I've got a feeling that Forte is going to put up some big yardage numbers this season, but when we get to the goal line Barber will be punching it in. Urgh.....that's going to make it hard for anyone drafting Forte in Fantasy Football!