Chester Taylor should go to the Texans

bradjock

Chester Taylor to the Texans might make sense for the Bears:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-for-bears.html

This is by Sean Jenson. The Texans have their 4 top running backs hurt so they might be interested in giving up a late round draft pick for Taylor who is due 1.25 million this year.

He also mentions that Khalil Bell is a core special teams player and looked good Saturday. Meanwhile, Taylor carried the ball 3 times for 3 yards.

I can't remember ever seeing Taylor with the Bears and thinking anything but, "He might be a servicable running back who blocks well." Marion looked like a freaking beast.

On a side note, Unga rushed 9 times for 27 yards. There's nothing that indicates he'll make the team.

On a second note note, if we kept a 4th running back, we might be better off bringing back Garrett Wolfe then keeping Taylor. While Wolfe is an inferior running back, he's a much better ST's player.

Guest TerraTor

why would they or anyone else offer any pick for him? Texans got 1600yards from a UdFA last year. Then again his $1.25M savings could help us not address the OLine and keep that pesky CapSpace nice and high

why would they or anyone else offer any pick for him? Texans got 1600yards from a UdFA last year. Then again his $1.25M savings could help us not address the OLine and keep that pesky CapSpace nice and high

The Texans also let their pro-bowl FB who was instrumental in blocking for that 1600 yard UDFA walk. They might well think that extra bodies will help keep him fresh.

If the Texans GM is as dumb as Angelo, and willing to give up a pick for Chet...then by all means let's do it!

Agreed, I'd make the deal in a week or two if Unga and Bell still look good. I want to know we have a decent 4th option in case someone gets hurt. Yet why would the Texans make this deal? At best we'd get a conditional pick.

If the Texans GM is as dumb as Angelo, and willing to give up a pick for Chet...then by all means let's do it!

Lets think about the Texans for a minute, arguably they have two of the better young defensive players in the league in DeMeyco Ryans and Mario Williams, who is starting to justify being picked number one overall,both of their success has come in the 4-3 defense and now they have hired Wade Phillips who coaches the 3-4 and has Williams standing up now. The fact that this franchise didn't launch Kubiak after everyone believes this team has been on the verge of making the playoffs for the last two years has me questioning this GM's intelligence.I believe they needed to add in the secondary and give the previous DC some talent back there.

Darn good points lemonej!

Lets think about the Texans for a minute, arguably they have two of the better young defensive players in the league in DeMeyco Ryans and Mario Williams, who is starting to justify being picked number one overall,both of their success has come in the 4-3 defense and now they have hired Wade Phillips who coaches the 3-4 and has Williams standing up now. The fact that this franchise didn't launch Kubiak after everyone believes this team has been on the verge of making the playoffs for the last two years has me questioning this GM's intelligence.I believe they needed to add in the secondary and give the previous DC some talent back there.

Darn good points lemonej!

All the hype that surrounded Matt Schaub when he was being sought after by teams reminds me of what is going down now with Kevin Kolb. I just feel that any team with arguably one of the best WRs in the game and have had two RBs that have done well with one being undrafted(Slaton and Foster) should have done more to make this team on a par with the team they are chasing the Colts.How do you do that? You improve your pass defense.

This leads me to this point. If you were a few points away from the SB and your opponent knocked your QB out the game you need to improve your blocking. I guess dumb GMs think alike.

Agreed! I always remember the Scott Mitchell deal...looked great backing up Danny Boy for a few games, get signed to the big contract, then bust.

Sad but true I fear...

All the hype that surrounded Matt Schaub when he was being sought after by teams reminds me of what is going down now with Kevin Kolb. I just feel that any team with arguably one of the best WRs in the game and have had two RBs that have done well with one being undrafted(Slaton and Foster) should have done more to make this team on a par with the team they are chasing the Colts.How do you do that? You improve your pass defense.

This leads me to this point. If you were a few points away from the SB and your opponent knocked your QB out the game you need to improve your blocking. I guess dumb GMs think alike.