Lance Louis sick and also

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

CHris Spencer finally in at C with 1st-Team Oline.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...yers/66067.html

How about a guy who plays center actually play center?

And while we're at it put Carimi where he belongs. Hopefully its not at Cutlers expense, but Webb gets bitchslapped again against NY and Tice quits his Lovie-Lie BS.

And while we're at it put Carimi where he belongs. Hopefully its not at Cutlers expense, but Webb gets bitchslapped again against NY and Tice quits his Lovie-Lie BS.

TT Tice may be on a save face mission with Webb since he worked him out before the Bears drafted him and gave his seal of approval. He is probably going to be stubborn about this one. Hopefully Louis illness can force him to miss a couple more practices and they will be forced to use this lineup on Mon Nite.

Guest TerraTor
TT Tice may be on a save face mission with Webb since he worked him out before the Bears drafted him and gave his seal of approval. He is probably going to be stubborn about this one. Hopefully Louis illness can force him to miss a couple more practices and they will be forced to use this lineup on Mon Nite.

Saving face more important than getting ur QB killed? But you make a good....Working out a guy you draft in 7th though? Com'on..not like a guy you moved up in 2nd or something to grab...

Saving face more important than getting ur QB killed? But you make a good....Working out a guy you draft in 7th though? Com'on..not like a guy you moved up in 2nd or something to grab...

I also heard a couple of rumors that the FO is insisting on them developing younger OL through some of the guys that cover the team and in particular Hub Arkush on the Score Sun.

I also heard a couple of rumors that the FO is insisting on them developing younger OL through some of the guys that cover the team and in particular Hub Arkush on the Score Sun.

Heard that too. Hear's the problem with that. Good OL is usually built on high draft choices practicing behind vets. We continually throw the unproven and inexperienced. I understand and age with the concept, but feel the investment is weak.

Guest TerraTor
I'm giving Webb until after the 3rd preseason game to show me he can play LT. Otherwise flip him and Carimi back to their normal positions and for the love of god, get Roberto Garza out of being the starting center.

Well, its pretty obvious he cant. Probably no other spot either. Cant believe Bears didn't draft more this year or years prior, particularly in a round before 5th

That's not exactly news since JA himself said they wanted to develop their young offensive linemen. But nobody believed it 100% since we went hard after Willie Colon.

What's baffling is that we appear loaded with talent on the d-line, and we're ready to bring in Maybin as competition. Meanwhile, we have o-line guys who should be unemployed, and we refuse to make a move.

Guest TerraTor

Brad,

couldnt have said that better... Was literally thinking that exact thing.

JA: "you cant have stars at every position"... Well u can have players drafted during the first 4 or 5 rounds tho....

That's not exactly news since JA himself said they wanted to develop their young offensive linemen. But nobody believed it 100% since we went hard after Willie Colon.

What's baffling is that we appear loaded with talent on the d-line, and we're ready to bring in Maybin as competition. Meanwhile, we have o-line guys who should be unemployed, and we refuse to make a move.

JA talking to himself on the sideline...

"Man, that DL could be potentially epic! I picked up Gholston and Okoye off the scrap heap, and they were probably misused before. I think the...what?...speak up Tice! I can't hear you. Oh, you want some help on the OL? Well, I got you one guy didn't I!? Just do what you can with the other guys. Coach them up, coach! Now quit bothering me, I need to figure out how to bolster my 9-man defensive line rotation by picking up Maybin."

JA talking to himself on the sideline...

"Man, that DL could be potentially epic! I picked up Gholston and Okoye off the scrap heap, and they were probably misused before. I think the...what?...speak up Tice! I can't hear you. Oh, you want some help on the OL? Well, I got you one guy didn't I!? Just do what you can with the other guys. Coach them up, coach! Now quit bothering me, I need to figure out how to bolster my 9-man defensive line rotation by picking up Maybin."

LMAO, so true!

Isn't that CONVENIENT.

Church-Lady.jpg

That is seriously THE post of the off-season...

bradjock you know I agree with you a lot and your statement about O-line attention vs D-line attention is like Mad L said the best post of the Summer. My only slight disagreement is about whether what I posted was news or not. since both you and I are in close proximaty to the Chicago area and get most of the local rumors etc., I was trying to let TT know some of the stuff you and I both here.