Toub slip of the tongue?

GrizzlyBear

"We consider him a four-phase starter,” said special teams coordinator Dave Toub. “That third running back has to be that guy. We can’t have a third running back that’s sitting on the bench not playing special teams. It’s valuable. We showed that the last few years with Garrett. So that’s the role that we need that player to be.”

http://www.chicagobears.com/DailyBlogs.asp...G_DATE=08/17/11

This stament has me going now on CHester Taylor being gone maybe as soon as he has good showing in the preseason.

"We consider him a four-phase starter,” said special teams coordinator Dave Toub. “That third running back has to be that guy. We can’t have a third running back that’s sitting on the bench not playing special teams. It’s valuable. We showed that the last few years with Garrett. So that’s the role that we need that player to be.”

http://www.chicagobears.com/DailyBlogs.asp...G_DATE=08/17/11

This stament has me going now on CHester Taylor being gone maybe as soon as he has good showing in the preseason.

Not a slip of the tounge. It's no secret how the Bears cherish their special teams players. It's a matter of fact the 3rd running back has to play special teams.

As bad as Taylor has looked, I don't think we've ruled out the notion of keeping 4 running backs. Taylor would likely be deactivated pending injury. Last year we kept 4 TE's (Olsen, Clark, Davis & Manu). That will be reduced to Spaeth, Clark & Davis. I still don't see us keeping a FB.

That being said, I think Taylor gets cut. I just think we're still considering it.

Clark and Hanie are two guys I don't know if I can trust the staff to utilize properly. I do believe that the 3rd rb will have to play special teams so that leaves one of the 3 veterans out in the cold and I don't think iots Forte. With Taylor already getting whatever bonus money that was due to him it wouldn't be any savings and it wouldn't surprise me if they kept all of these guys and Bell. The fact that there are 2 FBs on the roster tells me that one of them may stick.