Tweet alert

Alaskan Grizzly

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5760/taylor-mays

Hey Terra could you work on confirming this? ^_^

Still think it could make for an intriguing acquisition. DeCicco is similar is his transition from college safety to NFL LB.

Jim harbitch will not make a trade with the bears just to be a douche because of the bears raven trade mix up on draft day

Jim harbitch will not make a trade with the bears just to be a douche because of the bears raven trade mix up on draft day

Harbaugh's got nothin to do with it. If the 49ers front office wanted the trade it would happen. Probably more to do with the Briggs tampering case.

Not that I'm against Mays - dude can hit - but I love that the brilliant minds in the FO are pursuing yet another defensive player for positions (e.g. SS, OLB) that a relatively steady while virtually ignoring positions of greater need.

I just read on PFT that SF declined the offer...or is denying it happened. They are speculating they don't want to deal with Chicago after the Briggs issue and that the other whining Harbuagh in Baltiless still has his panties in a bunch over the draft trade and is sending bad vibes to his brother about us.

I'd love to look at the kid. I really wanted him in the draft and felt we had no chance to get him...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5760/taylor-mays

Hey Terra could you work on confirming this? ^_^

Still think it could make for an intriguing acquisition. DeCicco is similar is his transition from college safety to NFL LB.

Interesting thought...

Convert him to a LB, offer them a 4th round pick or perhaps the Olsen 3rd and call it a deal. If there is one thing this kid can do it is fly to the ball and hit you hard. He could be that cover LB we are looking for that has the speed to stay with some of these TE's and some WR's.

Cue up that image of JA just helping the D while praying the O will just be dandy!

Not that I'm against Mays - dude can hit - but I love that the brilliant minds in the FO are pursuing yet another defensive player for positions (e.g. SS, OLB) that a relatively steady while virtually ignoring positions of greater need.

Cue up that image of JA just helping the D while praying the O will just be dandy!

I'll admit that despite how much I dislike it, and no matter how much it endangers and potentially shortens the career lifespan of the Bears' #1 talent on offense, the blueprint has been established for teams to win with dominating defenses and less formidable offenses.

2008: Pittsburgh, 20th O, 1st D

2005: Pittsburgh, 9th O, 4th D

2002: Tampa Bay, 18th O, 1st D

2000: Baltimore, 14th O, 1st D

But it certainly benefits a team not to have all or most of their eggs in one basket.

Guest TerraTor
Why would the Bears offer a 3rd and 4th round pick for Taylor Mays? I'm a huge USC fan and I don't even want the guy for that price. The Jets gave up a 5th rounder for Santonio Holmes. If San Francisco wants to part ways, they should be looking for a 5th round pick.

Well, Holmes was a nuisance off the field and they wanted him gone. But anyway, i think a 4th would be the max

Guest TerraTor
I remember Terra wanting Taylor real bad on draft day, so question...do you still want him? are you glad we didnt make a play for him?

Absolutely. Who wouldn't want a 230lb guy running a sub 4.4? Think we got absolute last resort pick in Major Wright

That's still too low of a % of winning SB teams I thihnk.

And you could say that 2005 shouldn't be on that list, since being in the top 10 would mean they were a pretty decent O. You could almost say the same of Baltimore since theey were in the top half...

I'll admit that despite how much I dislike it, and no matter how much it endangers and potentially shortens the career lifespan of the Bears' #1 talent on offense, the blueprint has been established for teams to win with dominating defenses and less formidable offenses.

2008: Pittsburgh, 20th O, 1st D

2005: Pittsburgh, 9th O, 4th D

2002: Tampa Bay, 18th O, 1st D

2000: Baltimore, 14th O, 1st D

But it certainly benefits a team not to have all or most of their eggs in one basket.

Absolutely. Who wouldn't want a 230lb guy running a sub 4.4? Think we got absolute last resort pick in Major Wright

you still would have wanted us to trade up to get him with him playing like crap in the NFL. I dont care how big or fast you are if you cant play the game it does not matter. I think Wright will pan out.

Every year there is tremendous hype about USC safeties and WRs and so far recently there hasn't been a star among any of the recent Trojans entering the NFL. Back in the day when Ronnie Lott, Dennis Thurman and Mark Carrier were creating a legacy of good safeties coming from USC, the hype for WRs started to spin out of control with Keyshawn Johnson being drafted number one over all and he never lived up to that billing IMO. Since he was at USC, everyone was looking for the next great WR there. Steve Smith,Mike Williams etc.,were offered up as the next guys to acheive greatness and we still are waiting to see them to ascend to their hype.

As for Taylor Mays coming out many thoght he would be better at LB until he ran the 4-4 at the USC Pro Day. Then teams started to salivate at the thought of a big safety that could run and punish ball carriers. Some of the rumors we have been hearing about him is understanding the schemes,totally lost in pass coverage at times and his work ethic being questioned at times.

Guest TerraTor
Every year there is tremendous hype about USC safeties and WRs and so far recently there hasn't been a star among any of the recent Trojans entering the NFL. Back in the day when Ronnie Lott, Dennis Thurman and Mark Carrier were creating a legacy of good safeties coming from USC, the hype for WRs started to spin out of control with Keyshawn Johnson being drafted number one over all and he never lived up to that billing IMO. Since he was at USC, everyone was looking for the next great WR there. Steve Smith,Mike Williams etc.,were offered up as the next guys to acheive greatness and we still are waiting to see them to ascend to their hype.

As for Taylor Mays coming out many thoght he would be better at LB until he ran the 4-4 at the USC Pro Day. Then teams started to salivate at the thought of a big safety that could run and punish ball carriers. Some of the rumors we have been hearing about him is understanding the schemes,totally lost in pass coverage at times and his work ethic being questioned at times.

Polamalu is pretty good.. No one ever believes me about LSU and Penn State guys, they all suck

Guest TerraTor
you still would have wanted us to trade up to get him with him playing like crap in the NFL. I dont care how big or fast you are if you cant play the game it does not matter. I think Wright will pan out.

How has he played like crap? Hindsight is 20/20...

Polamalu is pretty good.. No one ever believes me about LSU and Penn State guys, they all suck

Thanks I don't know about a young guy like yourself but, sometimes us old soldiers get brain cramps while typing.

Just like you gave me Polamalu.

Glenn Dorsey is coming on,L. Landry, DeWayne Bowe,Carlos Dansby and Joseph Addai off the top of my head.

How has he played like crap? Hindsight is 20/20...

if he was so good would San Fran be giving up on him already??? he has done nothing. Im not saying JA has been good with 2nd rounders but you have to get production out of your 2nd round draft picks. You have to if you want to maintain a high level of play.