Tweet alert

Alaskan Grizzly

Guest TerraTor
if he was so good would San Fran be giving up on him already??? he has done nothing. Im not saying JA has been good with 2nd rounders but you have to get production out of your 2nd round draft picks. You have to if you want to maintain a high level of play.

Geez tell about it....

but im asking has his play sucked that bad? He cant be a worse safety than Dmanning if u wanna talk about 2nd round picks

I would say Dm did more for the team then Mays has, not at safety but in the ST department. But like i said JA has not been good with a lot of picks

Well since Mays hasn't been on this team, you would be right. :rolleyes:

But on a more serious note, I see this as an opportunity to evaluate someone who may be mis-utilized (IE: Okoye and Gholsten) and could be a value look. It wasn't all that long ago that people were wondering how much longer Urlacher is good for and where should the team look for an "heir apparent". I thought that would be Roach's job but who knows, having someone like Mays could provide more depth overall...and for the future.

Guest TerraTor
I would say Dm did more for the team then Mays has, not at safety but in the ST department. But like i said JA has not been good with a lot of picks

We had/have a guy who is the best ST player of all time....

Well since Mays hasn't been on this team, you would be right. :rolleyes:

But on a more serious note, I see this as an opportunity to evaluate someone who may be mis-utilized (IE: Okoye and Gholsten) and could be a value look. It wasn't all that long ago that people were wondering how much longer Urlacher is good for and where should the team look for an "heir apparent". I thought that would be Roach's job but who knows, having someone like Mays could provide more depth overall...and for the future.

You know what i mean, ill spell it out, DM has done more for the Bears then Mays has done for the 49ers.

As for Taylor Mays coming out many thoght he would be better at LB until he ran the 4-4 at the USC Pro Day. Then teams started to salivate at the thought of a big safety that could run and punish ball carriers. Some of the rumors we have been hearing about him is understanding the schemes,totally lost in pass coverage at times and his work ethic being questioned at times.

If you ever watched him closely that was exactly how Mays played in college. Wait until it's blatantly obvious who to hit and then run there quickly. That doesn't work in the NFL. Coaches always think they can coach anybody but that isn't always true.

The fact we are comparing Mays to a player we just let go in order to upgrade our safety position pretty sums up my argument. If we were to attempt to bulk him up and coach him on being a WLB then that's something you do during a full offseason, not 3 weeks before the season starts.

The fact we are comparing Mays to a player we just let go in order to upgrade our safety position pretty sums up my argument. If we were to attempt to bulk him up and coach him on being a WLB then that's something you do during a full offseason, not 3 weeks before the season starts.

Actually it makes a lot of sense. He's a second year player that could be had for relative low cost. Perfect project to be put on Practice Squad and brought up to speed for LB position. By the start of next years camp then see how he's doing. If he doesn't work out, no real harm or foul.

Actually it makes a lot of sense. He's a second year player that could be had for relative low cost. Perfect project to be put on Practice Squad and brought up to speed for LB position. By the start of next years camp then see how he's doing. If he doesn't work out, no real harm or foul.

There is no way we would pick him up and be able to stash him on the practice squad. That would be a dream