Forte and Bears' #'s appear way off....

madlithuanian

I've liked Forte since he got here so I'm glad to see him getting some respect. I remember before last season people commonly talking about him with that sort of "he's ok, mediocre I guess, but not the answer" attitude and I'd think that was being unfair after one less than stellar season. It always amazes me what one season can do in terms of changing people's perceptions. In this case, Forte's perception of himself even if he's trying to ask for elite back bucks after averaging over 4ypc for the first time in his short career.

I've liked Forte since he got here so I'm glad to see him getting some respect. I remember before last season people commonly talking about him with that sort of "he's ok, mediocre I guess, but not the answer" attitude and I'd think that was being unfair after one less than stellar season. It always amazes me what one season can do in terms of changing people's perceptions. In this case, Forte's perception of himself even if he's trying to ask for elite back bucks after averaging over 4ypc for the first time in his short career.

I agree. You can't put up numbers when you don't get the ball like Martz did so many times last year. How many times last year did Martz think we we the late 90s Rams and want to throw all over the place and limit Forte's carries?

I agree. You can't put up numbers when you don't get the ball like Martz did so many times last year. How many times last year did Martz think we we the late 90s Rams and want to throw all over the place and limit Forte's carries?

How many of those times wound up with the Ball in Forte's hands on a checkdown?

How many of those times wound up with the Ball in Forte's hands on a checkdown?

Thats a valid point and if Forte is to play the Marshall Faulk role he will need to average 15 to 20 touches per game and I don't see that happening since they have publicly stated their goals for Roy Williams. We can only hope that Cutler resist temptation to force the ball to Williams and take the check down that will undoubtedly be a mismatch to take advantage of.