Ryan Williams hurt could be exit for C TAylor

GrizzlyBear

Cardinals are in desperate need of running back with this injury to the Cards RB Ryan Williams. We have 2 too many RBs right now and this would make good place to send C Taylor. Get a 5th for him would be good, or 6 and 7. What ya think?

Yep. I've given up on Taylor. Maybe The Whizz can do something with him. Would they be willing to part with some decent OLman in exchange? Say Womack, Lutui or Colledge? :D

I'm sure he would at least be worth a 4 or 5, given their "desperate need".

I don't think we'll get that high of pick if any for Taylor given his YPC. I think we're gonna cut him anyway and AZ would just pick him off the scrap heap. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get something for him though. We won't get anything higher than a 6th rounder for him.

Agree. Either way, Taylor is gone.

Why is Arizona so desperate they are coming after Chester Taylor? They still have Beanie Wells but I agree they need to add a RB to the roster. There will be plenty of options here shortly. Taylor may well be on their short list of options but to trade a pick for him, I don't see it.

I wouldn't mind being wrong on this.

Cardinals are in desperate need of running back with this injury to the Cards RB Ryan Williams. We have 2 too many RBs right now and this would make good place to send C Taylor. Get a 5th for him would be good, or 6 and 7. What ya think?

i dont think teams will trade now...usually they wait to see what guys get cut and go from there. nobody wants to give up a draft pick

i dont think teams will trade now...usually they wait to see what guys get cut and go from there. nobody wants to give up a draft pick

Agreed. Not to mention, we keep hearing about teams who are all of a sudden desperate for a running back because of injuries (Detroit, Arizona, Texans). About the time we traded Taylor, Forte would likely blow something . . .

Guys, no one is giving up a 4th or 5th rounder for this trash. If we would be able to get a 7th rounder, it would be magic.

I would assume the cards just wait to see who gets cut

It would probably be one of those great conditional draft picks we would get in compensation, you know the conditional picks that we never seem to get anything from because the player traded craps out and gets released. How many times has that happened???

"Everybody's going to talk,'' he said. "(But) it's all about your play on the field.''

Taylor's play last season is a big reason why he has been the target of so much criticism. The Bears signed the former Viking to a four-year, $12 million contract that included $7 million last season with hopes he would be the perfect complement to Matt Forte, and possibly challenge Forte for the starting role. Instead, Taylor responded with a dismal 2.4 yards per carry in 112 attempts.

During the offseason, general manager Jerry Angelo said the team had no immediate plans to cut ties with Taylor based on the money already spent, but Angelo also cautioned that no one's job was safe.

Based on what offensive coordinator Mike Martz said last week, one would think Taylor's had job security.

"Chester is having a heck of a camp,'' Martz said. "He has lost some weight. He's in great shape.''

In reality, the Bears aren't going to pay Taylor $1.25 million this season to sit the bench. The addition of Marion Barber as the short-yardage back immediately knocked Taylor down in the rotation. Plus Kahlil Bell's eye-opening performance in the exhibition opener against the Bills only left more doubt about Taylor's status. Not to mention Bell plays special teams and Taylor doesn't.

The Bears kept four running backs last season after Bell and Garrett Wolfe both made the cut. But a guy like fullback Eddie Williams or rookie receiver Dane Sanzenbacher could take a roster spot from the running back group this season.

Taylor might improve his prospects Monday night in New York, provided he gets the opportunities. He played just six snaps last week.

"The coaches are going to make their decisions and the evaluations,'' Taylor said, "so I'm just going to come out here and keep playing.''

Link