Anyone feel like talking about...

Guest TerraTor

For all the hope I had last week in Roy, this week i was unimpressed. I can only assume, according to Cutlers interview mid-game, is that Roy is still trying to get into the swing of things. Next week will be telling for him. And if it came down to Hurd or he... I say stay with Hurd...at this point.

I will say that Knox showed him up late in the game. Good for Johnny.

Agreed.

For all the hope I had last week in Roy, this week i was unimpressed. I can only assume, according to Cutlers interview mid-game, is that Roy is still trying to get into the swing of things. Next week will be telling for him. And if it came down to Hurd or he... I say stay with Hurd...at this point.

I will say that Knox showed him up late in the game. Good for Johnny.

I'm not writing him off after one bad preseason game. It was an awful game. I also saw Cutler go to him in key situations and get the ball in his hands, which goes to show you, how important it will be to get Cutler a big, physical receiver. We just have to hope Roy can be that guy and that he can "catch" the ball.

Been calling for TO or Moss for years and years and years. They've been available. Either would have solved this problem* years ago. Like most of you, however, I'm not holding my breath in anticipation that Roy will be solving the "problem" this year.

*I still don't think the "tall WR" is the problem. The WRs the Bears have can perform adequately enough if the OL provides a solid pocket and the running game is solid.

Been calling for TO or Moss for years and years and years. They've been available. Either would have solved this problem* years ago. Like most of you, however, I'm not holding my breath in anticipation that Roy will be solving the "problem" this year.

*I still don't think the "tall WR" is the problem. The WRs the Bears have can perform adequately enough if the OL provides a solid pocket and the running game is solid.

Outside of Bennet, who is not particularly tall, the Bears have absolutely zero wideout who has proven/shown the ability to really do much any job getting open in 3rd and 7 or less situations. These situations typically involve press coverage and the Bears wideouts have done nothing but struggle against this type of coverage an in turn our 3rd down rates have struggled as well (sure there are other factors, but the wideouts struggles with press coverage are one of the significant factors).

Roy Williams provides the Bears with a wideout who is physical and get break through that press coverage and get open and thus give Cutler a target to help move the chains on 3rd down. Twice Williams did exactly that for the Bears (1st 2 drives of the game), problem is Williams didn't execute (e.g., catch the ball). In Roy's defense, the 2nd of the passes was not an easy catch but one a good wideout makes 7 out of 10 times.

Guest TerraTor

Roy williams is the WR problem. The guy is a jackass and just plain sucks. Drops a pass and does his rediculous 1st Down BS.... Reminds me of Benson, players have to hate his guts, especially with their history.... " it was crazy how close we were to putting up 50..." ya Roy that is crazy..i remember u scoring 3... Ass

Outside of Bennet, who is not particularly tall, the Bears have absolutely zero wideout who has proven/shown the ability to really do much any job getting open in 3rd and 7 or less situations. These situations typically involve press coverage and the Bears wideouts have done nothing but struggle against this type of coverage an in turn our 3rd down rates have struggled as well (sure there are other factors, but the wideouts struggles with press coverage are one of the significant factors).

Roy Williams provides the Bears with a wideout who is physical and get break through that press coverage and get open and thus give Cutler a target to help move the chains on 3rd down. Twice Williams did exactly that for the Bears (1st 2 drives of the game), problem is Williams didn't execute (e.g., catch the ball). In Roy's defense, the 2nd of the passes was not an easy catch but one a good wideout makes 7 out of 10 times.

Like you said DBDB he didn't execute and that has been the knock on him since his stellar year under Martz in Detroit. He is very adept at getting off the line and open he just doesn't come up with the clutch catches. Earl Bennett when its all said and done will be Cutler's clutch go to receiver.

BTW is it me or does it look like Des Clark's hands are on backwards. He is not catching anything and I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut.

Have a feeling he will win that award more than once.

Disagree. If he comes out weak in the regular season, I think rapidly he'll lose playing time. The fanbase and the media already don't trust him, if he comes out dropsy it's going to be really hard to see how the coaches can defend him.

I think you're right.

I get the distinct vibe that the red carpet has been and will be rolled for him up unto about game 3...if he isn't cutting it by then, I suspect he may actually be benched. And i think that voice may come from Cutler.

Knox is outperfroming him right now, and it is once again making the powers that be look stupid. Sadly, they are extemely adept as looking bad whether it's their fault or not.

Disagree. If he comes out weak in the regular season, I think rapidly he'll lose playing time. The fanbase and the media already don't trust him, if he comes out dropsy it's going to be really hard to see how the coaches can defend him.

I don't think the Bears look stupid for demoting Knox. He had issues he needed to fix. He has apparently gotten that message and is working hard to earn back his starting job. Roy Williams got the same message today albeit without the demotion ...yet.

Their silliness doesn't stem from that alone. It's in context. Telling everyone that spots are earned...but that Knox didn't earn it then, and that Roy W was given his job.

It would appear the stance worked with Knox, and he looks like he's trying. We'll see what happens to Roy. But, until he loses the job, nothing has been done except for D. Drake getting a little emotional again. Which, I personally, am enjoying his fire.

I don't think the Bears look stupid for demoting Knox. He had issues he needed to fix. He has apparently gotten that message and is working hard to earn back his starting job. Roy Williams got the same message today albeit without the demotion ...yet.