I see the reason 49ers didn't trade

Guest TerraTor

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/...ls/Default.aspx

They wanted him having no chance of shining, honestly. Thats really sad

Huh??? Not everything that goes to Cincy turns bad. Hell, they made Cedric look mediocre.

Did you really need to include a link that says, "Mays traded for undisclosed draft pick"?

Guest TerraTor
Huh??? Not everything that goes to Cincy turns bad. Hell, they made Cedric look mediocre.

Did you really need to include a link that says, "Mays traded for undisclosed draft pick"?

Team is a disaster... what link are u talkin about? Link to the story...

Guest TerraTor
Yeah, the link to the story. Which basically said what you said. One line.

That being said, PFT reported the Bears made an offer with a plan to move him to linebacker.

Well sorry but didnt read it. Just saw the headline. Thought I get criticized w/o a link

Id take him at OLB

Yes you're right. We completely suck even though we came one game away from making the Superbowl. Might as well not watch football this season. ;)

Peace :dabears

Hey Connor, I don't know about you but I expect a season to forget this year. I'm not usually a downer but I'm just not loving this team right now. I guess if the line gels in time to not get Cutler killed, Jay shows a lot of leadership, the D youth movement saves us from dreaded injuries... I suppose we could do OK. We sure didn't look like much last night.

I appreciate the sarcasm! :cheers

However, I simply fear similar issues we keep having. Annointed starters, shaky WR's, questionable OL, red zone ineptness... I'm not real worried about ST and D. I think those things will pan out as they always do. I also fear Karma in a way. Last year the luck ran our way. We were fairly iunjury free and got match-ups with teams with a lot of injuries. Those things tend to balance out. I fear it may be our turn this season. Me may luck out...but I think something will come back and bite us.

It's nice that we were a game away from the SB...but that was then, and this is now. Our schedule is tougher I think (at least on paper), and everyone in our conference of any note got better.

To me, benefit of the doubt comes to those who earn it (NE, IND, etc..). I don't feel like this team has earned it yet. I need more consistency. We had a few bad years and then last year's good one...let's see some more good for a few more years and I can be swayed.

Yes you're right. We completely suck even though we came one game away from making the Superbowl. Might as well not watch football this season. ;)

Peace :dabears

It could be that we just were in "evaluation" mode during the game at a certain point. But, I've seen some other teams really look sharp. We are not one of them at the moment. We seem to be in the next tier below from the true contenders. At least right now.

Hey Connor, I don't know about you but I expect a season to forget this year. I'm not usually a downer but I'm just not loving this team right now. I guess if the line gels in time to not get Cutler killed, Jay shows a lot of leadership, the D youth movement saves us from dreaded injuries... I suppose we could do OK. We sure didn't look like much last night.

It could be that we just were in "evaluation" mode during the game at a certain point. But, I've seen some other teams really look sharp. We are not one of them at the moment. We seem to be in the next tier below from the true contenders. At least right now.

And all the talk out of camp about how awesome Cutler has looked... Please... He looked like Jay Cutler as I've seen him before. He's a good solid QB but I've seen nothing this year that suggests the camp talk was anything other than them building up his esteem after all the attacks last season.

And all the talk out of camp about how awesome Cutler has looked... Please... He looked like Jay Cutler as I've seen him before. He's a good solid QB but I've seen nothing this year that suggests the camp talk was anything other than them building up his esteem after all the attacks last season.

Did you watch the first quarter last night? Jaworski did an excellent breakdown of Cutler's footwork and how he's actually getting himself in position to make a more accurate throw.

Everyone can flip back their calendars to last preseason and remember all the gloom and doom being predicted on this board and the calling for the 3 Stooges heads. Last night did look as bad as everyone thinks it did with the D getting gutted as well as the return coverage units almost MIA and our return units continuing to bring kicks deep out of the endzone causing drives to start inside the 20.With all the hype over the size of our WRs, I believe the lack of height in the secondary may be a bigger concern for the Bears.

With all that being said the Bears had a terrible preseason last year and so far it looks the same this preseason.

BTW would someone tell Darryl Drake its okay to teach young WRs to go out of bounds to preserve time on the clock during the 2 minute drill.

Preseason doesn't count and neither do the players we didn't draft, sign, or trade for. Everyone is starting the 'what if' crap again. What if we traded for Mays? What if we didn't sign Williams? What if Cutler gets raped by a gaggle of silver backed gorlillas? Would Terra finally be happy with his performance even though it was Webb who didn't pick up the oldest gorilla who happened to get get first crack at Jay's crack? Or should we all secong guess JA's inability to draft that same silver backed bastard in the 2nd round 3 years earlier?

Bottom Line--wait until Week 1's kickoff before we write off the damn season.

Preseason doesn't count and neither do the players we didn't draft, sign, or trade for. Everyone is starting the 'what if' crap again. What if we traded for Mays? What if we didn't sign Williams? What if Cutler gets raped by a gaggle of silver backed gorlillas? Would Terra finally be happy with his performance even though it was Webb who didn't pick up the oldest gorilla who happened to get get first crack at Jay's crack? Or should we all secong guess JA's inability to draft that same silver backed bastard in the 2nd round 3 years earlier?

Bottom Line--wait until Week 1's kickoff before we write off the damn season.

EXACTLY!!! Thank you for some reason and sense, please see idiotic thread Re Roy Williams and copy above.

EXACTLY!!! Thank you for some reason and sense, please see idiotic thread Re Roy Williams and copy above.

I don't see why worrying about a guy who drops a couple passes in preseason is a mistake when he's got a history and reputation for being dropsy. Just like I don't know why watching to see how the O-Line performs in preseason is a mistake when they were the weakest link for the team last year.

Pretending it's all said and done and no one can possibly improve is a mistake obviously, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out the things that need to improve for success to be possible.

I don't see why worrying about a guy who drops a couple passes in preseason is a mistake when he's got a history and reputation for being dropsy. Just like I don't know why watching to see how the O-Line performs in preseason is a mistake when they were the weakest link for the team last year.

Pretending it's all said and done and no one can possibly improve is a mistake obviously, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out the things that need to improve for success to be possible.

When we, and I'm sometimes guilty of it as well, sit there and act like those mistakes can't be overcome is what pisses me off. It was the same after the NYG game last year and the first few drives of the Dallas game. People, these guys, players and coaches alike, are the ones who need to make the adjustments to be successful. Believe me, I'm riding shotgun on Lith's "Lovie's a jackass" tour bus, but we were still a game away last year. That being said, what did we really lose? Manning? Who gives a shit, let him get burned somewhere else. Kruetz? If I'm not mistaken, he was part of the problem riddled o-line. Davis and Aromashadu? Look back at the posts and see how many wanted them gone anyway. Manumaleuna? Couldn't catch, couldn't block, and stole a check for 16 games. The glass isn't always half-empty.

When we, and I'm sometimes guilty of it as well, sit there and act like those mistakes can't be overcome is what pisses me off. It was the same after the NYG game last year and the first few drives of the Dallas game. People, these guys, players and coaches alike, are the ones who need to make the adjustments to be successful. Believe me, I'm riding shotgun on Lith's "Lovie's a jackass" tour bus, but we were still a game away last year. That being said, what did we really lose? Manning? Who gives a shit, let him get burned somewhere else. Kruetz? If I'm not mistaken, he was part of the problem riddled o-line. Davis and Aromashadu? Look back at the posts and see how many wanted them gone anyway. Manumaleuna? Couldn't catch, couldn't block, and stole a check for 16 games. The glass isn't always half-empty.

This post and the one above about the silver backed gorillas are pure gold. Thanks for the laugh and the common sense.

:cheers

You know that tour bus can be put back in the garage... It just requires him to keep Martz in line and keep holding his players accountable. I don't think Jerry is helping him much either...