Forte vs. C. Johnson

Alaskan Grizzly

Was checking out another website and caught a glimpse of an interesting topic of discussion. With the possibility of C. Johnson (Tennessee) entering the trade market, should the Bears consider loooking at it with Forte as their "bait"?

My vote is NO as I am a fan of Forte's and like his long term value. I see Johnson similar to A. Peterson (Vikings one) where he is a different style runner that will probably hit a wall soon. I don't see Peterson lasting a lot longer...at his pace. Forte on the other hand has not only been, injury free, but improved himself this year physically. And he has other intangibles (receiver out of the backfield) that are good to have. As I said in earlier posts, I like the hard nosed "true Bears" style of play but I'm satisifed with the balance that Forte and Barber will provide.

On the other hand, I have heard (I don't know how many times) that "this is a busines" so who knows? And many fans are in a "win now" mindset and this could help.

So...I leave it to you.

I agree Grizz. We gotta keep Forte even though a CJ-Barber backfield a nice thought with the speed, then the power, but Forte is just as proven and I like that he's healthy and able to hold the ball. Not to mention the fact that Forte's number would be more comparable if the line was worth a shyt last year.

Was checking out another website and caught a glimpse of an interesting topic of discussion. With the possibility of C. Johnson (Tennessee) entering the trade market, should the Bears consider loooking at it with Forte as their "bait"?

My vote is NO as I am a fan of Forte's and like his long term value. I see Johnson similar to A. Peterson (Vikings one) where he is a different style runner that will probably hit a wall soon. I don't see Peterson lasting a lot longer...at his pace. Forte on the other hand has not only been, injury free, but improved himself this year physically. And he has other intangibles (receiver out of the backfield) that are good to have. As I said in earlier posts, I like the hard nosed "true Bears" style of play but I'm satisifed with the balance that Forte and Barber will provide.

On the other hand, I have heard (I don't know how many times) that "this is a busines" so who knows? And many fans are in a "win now" mindset and this could help.

So...I leave it to you.

Forte was injured his entire 2nd season and they admitted as much afterwards. That's why he looked much slower. He did play through so I give him credit for that.

Peace :dabears

That's Madden video game crazy talk! I'd do it in a heartbeat. But there's no way the Titans would do a straight up trade. We'd have to give up more. I'm not sure I want to do that. And, you guessed it...JA would give up the farm for it and get screwed in the deal!

So...I leave it to you.

Forte was injured his entire 2nd season and they admitted as much afterwards. That's why he looked much slower. He did play through so I give him credit for that.

That's right he was. And you're right, he did. And the fact last year he came back better, and bettered himself this year... I'm definitely in the "No"'camp now. Especially thinking he deserves to stay in Chicago (for good reasons) and should be paid what he thinks is right. Something tells me it'll be far less than the $13 mil / year that Johnson is rumored to be looking at.

LOL. If the Bears were offered CJ for Forte straight up...would take 1/4 a second to say yes.

I have to say no because no RB is worth 13+ million a year that it would take to get CJ. Remember the shelf for a RB and then rethink the idea. Forte won't command that kind of money and he knows our system. People really need to stop with all this trade talk for every guy that is cut/tradeable

I have to say no because no RB is worth 13+ million a year that it would take to get CJ. Remember the shelf for a RB and then rethink the idea. Forte won't command that kind of money and he knows our system. People really need to stop with all this trade talk for every guy that is cut/tradeable

You know what? Whether or not the RB is worth it, the Bears are in great shape relative to the cap. They can blow extra on the RB this year if they have a guy like Johnson to blow it on.

LOL. If the Bears were offered CJ for Forte straight up...would take 1/4 a second to say yes.

Not only would it take 1/4 of a second for JA to say yes, he'd have to throw away his underwear after simultaneously jizzing and shitting himself at how great a deal it was.

Look, I like Forte too. A lot. But he is not Chris Johnson. CJ is better than Forte. This is not even up for debate. Every front office guy in the NFL would make that trade in a heartbeat if they were on the receiving end of CJ. To argue otherwise is ignorant. Who cares if he knows the system? How hard can it be for a RB? Besides, if CJ missed a block or two it would be offseat by the multiple 50 yarders that he'd break off...runs that Forte can't make.

The only possible reason the Bears wouldn't make this trade is money. Period.

Not only would it take 1/4 of a second for JA to say yes, he'd have to throw away his underwear after simultaneously jizzing and shitting himself at how great a deal it was.

Look, I like Forte too. A lot. But he is not Chris Johnson. CJ is better than Forte. This is not even up for debate. Every front office guy in the NFL would make that trade in a heartbeat if they were on the receiving end of CJ. To argue otherwise is ignorant. Who cares if he knows the system? How hard can it be for a RB? Besides, if CJ missed a block or two it would be offseat by the multiple 50 yarders that he'd break off...runs that Forte can't make.

The only possible reason the Bears wouldn't make this trade is money. Period.

LOL!!!

Agreed 100%.