Bears to cut Taylor, Gholston

lemonej

I just read this on the Bears Site: (In addition to Gholston being cut)

Also waived by the Bears Monday were fourth-year defensive tackle Tank Tyler and three undrafted rookie free agents: quarterback Trevor Vittatoe, center J.C. Brignone and linebacker Tanner Antle.

With Monday’s moves, the Bears reached the NFL’s mandatory roster limit of 80 a day earlier than required. They must trim 27 more players by Saturday to get to the 53-man limit.

I just read this on the Bears Site: (In addition to Gholston being cut)

==========

Also waived by the Bears Monday were fourth-year defensive tackle Tank Tyler and three undrafted rookie free agents: quarterback Trevor Vittatoe, center J.C. Brignone and linebacker Tanner Antle.

With Monday’s moves, the Bears reached the NFL’s mandatory roster limit of 80 a day earlier than required. They must trim 27 more players by Saturday to get to the 53-man limit.

==========

HILARIOUS that you mention those three. I was with my Dad at the Bears v. Titans game and he noted how many players were on the sideline. I told him they hadn't reached final cuts yet, and said, "For intsance, that guy Antle? He's gone. Vittatoe? Not a prayer of being on anything higher than the practice squad. Brignone...too bad it's not Briggsnone and the front office gets confused, because his chances of making the team are slim and Brig-none."

According to ESPN Taylor was called back in to practice and is not the cut list. apparently the front office was not ready to cut ties with him yet.. also it was mentioned that there was some interest in a trade for him.

Maybe Barber's injury is worse than anticipated.

Now its another miscommunication episode with this team.According to Lovie,Taylor sought out a meeting to define his role with the team because of his lack of playing time in Sat. game. Taylor left the meeting feeling that he would be cut and informed his agent that was the case. Now how does a classy veteran misunderstand a coach's words in a one on one meeting?

Sadly, I'm sure this will be more fuel to the fire how the national media perceives the Bears as bumbling...

Now its another miscommunication episode with this team.According to Lovie,Taylor sought out a meeting to define his role with the team because of his lack of playing time in Sat. game. Taylor left the meeting feeling that he would be cut and informed his agent that was the case. Now how does a classy veteran misunderstand a coach's words in a one on one meeting?

Sadly, I'm sure this will be more fuel to the fire how the national media perceives the Bears as bumbling...

Well Jason Laconfora reorted that it was on Taylor. He called his agent and stated he would be released as soon as today. But Lovie told him he is still part of the team but Saturday your gonna not be in our plans.

To clarify...Taylor is not in the Bears plans other than the fact they plan to try to trade him.

Either way, it makes the Bears' management look bad, once again. When we signed Taylor, it seemed like a good pick up. Danny Mac from the Score likened it to the Phillip Daniels signing.

Taylor jumped the gun by telling his agent, but management should have kept their mouths shut until they sent him packing. The common denominator is management informing him they would be cutting him. Inform him when you do it not prior to doing it.

Taylor takes the blame for the Cut mess.

Chester Taylor says the miscommunication was all his fault. A day after the veteran Chicago Bears running back bolted Halas Hall under the belief he was being released, he was back at practice.

Taylor even is expected to play in the preseason finale against the Cleveland Browns at Soldier Field on Thursday night, when coach Lovie Smith said a small group of starters will be held out.

“It was just a miscommunication,” Taylor said after practice Tuesday. “I thought something happened. I just took the words the wrong way, basically.”

The Bears are probably working to trade Taylor, who turns 32 next month, but they might not be able to find a taker. If they don’t, Taylor is expected to be released by Saturday. A source said Smith informed Taylor he wasn’t in the team’s plans when they met Monday morning.

“I don’t want to be released,” Taylor said. “I like it here in Chicago. I am going to continue playing and see what happens.”