Typical BS

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

CHris Harris's latest tweet

@ChrisHarrisNFL

Chris Harris

Whether right, wrong or indifferent I'm pretty sure all of u have or will asked ur boss for a raise. This is no different. Get over it

---------------------------

Normal people cant even be sure they will have a job come Monday morning. Regardless of performance. The fact of he matter is that 75% of NFL players are totally average/replaceable. Love the Sport and Love the Bears but man these guys have no sense of reality. Lance Briggs signed a contract for 6M a year on average front-loaded. What the hell.....

CHris Harris's latest tweet

@ChrisHarrisNFL

Chris Harris

Whether right, wrong or indifferent I'm pretty sure all of u have or will asked ur boss for a raise. This is no different. Get over it

---------------------------

Normal people cant even be sure they will have a job come Monday morning. Regardless of performance. The fact of he matter is that 75% of NFL players are totally average/replaceable. Love the Sport and Love the Bears but man these guys have no sense of reality. Lance Briggs signed a contract for 6M a year on average front-loaded. What the hell.....

Dude try reading all of his tweets. He makes complete sense. Weather or not u agree with him. He dies make sense

Dude try reading all of his tweets. He makes complete sense. Weather or not u agree with him. He dies make sense

I'm sorry but regardless of what the "rest of the tweets" say I still think this is another symptom of poor sportsmanship. I know we will never go back to the "day" of players that played for the love of the game and whatever you were paid, you were happy to get. But there needs to be a point where enough is enough.

What Briggs and his agent are doing is deplorable. It sets a tone for other players, whether with the Bears or elsehwhere that if I make enough stink I too can eventually get "what's mine". There is WAY too much sense of entitlement without earning it.

In a time where people HAVE to work two to three jobs just to make ends meet and some don't even have that option, then when you have someone like Briggs who thinks he hasn't gotten enough??? Well I have a hell of a time lending any sympathy towards him or his "friends" IE: Harris. Just the other day we saw a QB receive a $100 million contract AFTER spending two years in prison. And we have another who could be a "first ballot HOF'er" (R. Lewis) who should have been locked up years ago, but wasn't. What kind of example is being set for the influential ones among us? Why don't we know more about the efforts like Cutler and Warrick Dunn when he was playing? Where good is being done but with little or no fanfare?

I don't mean to be on the soap box but this professional athlete culture to me is just getting out of hand.

-End scene- :shakehead

Guest TerraTor
I'm sorry but regardless of what the "rest of the tweets" say I still think this is another symptom of poor sportsmanship. I know we will never go back to the "day" of players that played for the love of the game and whatever you were paid, you were happy to get. But there needs to be a point where enough is enough.

What Briggs and his agent are doing is deplorable. It sets a tone for other players, whether with the Bears or elsehwhere that if I make enough stink I too can eventually get "what's mine". There is WAY too much sense of entitlement without earning it.

In a time where people HAVE to work two to three jobs just to make ends meet and some don't even have that option, then when you have someone like Briggs who thinks he hasn't gotten enough??? Well I have a hell of a time lending any sympathy towards him or his "friends" IE: Harris. Just the other day we saw a QB receive a $100 million contract AFTER spending two years in prison. And we have another who could be a "first ballot HOF'er" (R. Lewis) who should have been locked up years ago, but wasn't. What kind of example is being set for the influential ones among us? Why don't we know more about the efforts like Cutler and Warrick Dunn when he was playing? Where good is being done but with little or no fanfare?

I don't mean to be on the soap box but this professional athlete culture to me is just getting out of hand.

Well said and to mention Vick's comeback. Its made out to be a "feel good story" and "overcoming adversity". Makes me wanna puke. It is as if he had a life threatening disease and overcame or whatever. Getting tired of it. To be honest I would love for us and others to just stop showing up, like those "Fake Titans Fans" who were told to STFU...... See who pays the bills when people decide to not pay 200$ for a nosebleed seat. :cheers

And I read all his tweets. If you get the chance go read Briggs

https://twitter.com/#!/55Berger

Well as i see it, all NFL players are contracters. In my industry you can only renegotiate your pay once your old contract is up. During your contracted time the company has full right to terminate your contract for any reason whatsoever. So yes people do ask for raises, but unlike players they haven't signed an obligation to work for.a specific sum for a specific time

Well as i see it, all NFL players are contracters. In my industry you can only renegotiate your pay once your old contract is up. During your contracted time the company has full right to terminate your contract for any reason whatsoever. So yes people do ask for raises, but unlike players they haven't signed an obligation to work for.a specific sum for a specific time

Additionally, contracts come with a performance work statement, and many things are agreed upon. Most of these guys get huge contracts and then just disappear. All they agree upon is price and term.

Briggs just needs to play out his contract.

1) Unlike Chris Harris and Lance Briggs I have never been given a huge signing bonus that is mine to keep regardless of how well I perform.

2) I have asked for pay raises, certainly, but I didn't do so through the local newspaper and TV networks, nor did I even tell my coworkers.

3) I didn't sign a contract.

4) If I were too stupid to know how to read a contract I would at least maintain enough common sense to never make that so obvious to the entire world.

1) Unlike Chris Harris and Lance Briggs I have never been given a huge signing bonus that is mine to keep regardless of how well I perform.

2) I have asked for pay raises, certainly, but I didn't do so through the local newspaper and TV networks, nor did I even tell my coworkers.

3) I didn't sign a contract.

4) If I were too stupid to know how to read a contract I would at least maintain enough common sense to never make that so obvious to the entire world.

Why are we comparing our jobs to an NFL player. It doesn't translate. Chris Harris even stated how u can't do that and he also mentioned a lot of very interesting faCts that it seems like most don't want to hear at all. I may not agree with what he says most of the time because he does cone off as extremely arrogant but regarding this situation he makes since if u actually listen to everything he was saying. But regarding Lance Briggs here someone should ask him how this played out a couple of years ago. I don't think he is that great of a player outside of here and some teams I think really think twice about taking one of our LB's. Our system makes average lb's good and the good ones great. He is a product of our system. Ask both rosie colvin and holdman

I agree 100%, to be honest sometimes I am struggling with continuing to be a fan of sport in general in this day and age. Alot of these players make me sick, and we all pay the price for them to be complete dogs.... I wonder if there could ever be a time where many started to say "no more" to being a fan of a sport with so many shitheads.

Well said Alaska!

Great points on Colvin and Holdman...

Why are we comparing our jobs to an NFL player. It doesn't translate. Chris Harris even stated how u can't do that and he also mentioned a lot of very interesting faCts that it seems like most don't want to hear at all. I may not agree with what he says most of the time because he does cone off as extremely arrogant but regarding this situation he makes since if u actually listen to everything he was saying. But regarding Lance Briggs here someone should ask him how this played out a couple of years ago. I don't think he is that great of a player outside of here and some teams I think really think twice about taking one of our LB's. Our system makes average lb's good and the good ones great. He is a product of our system. Ask both rosie colvin and holdman

Completely disagreed. I can't believe you honestly believe what you just wrote. To even equate the average joe asking for a raise to how an NFL player holds their team hostage for a raise is utterly ridiculous. And so is his tweet. His tweet does NOT make sense.

Completely disagreed. I can't believe you honestly believe what you just wrote. To even equate the average joe asking for a raise to how an NFL player holds their team hostage for a raise is utterly ridiculous. And so is his tweet. His tweet does NOT make sense.

He makes complete sense because us fans think of this a sport 1st and foremost and then a business while the players think of it as a business 1st and foremost then they think of it as a game. Look, I don't agree with what Briggs is doing but then again look at who his agent is. You know his agent was in his ear to do this as alot of his clients do it. Lets all remember that Briggs has tried this before and was unsuccessful before. What makes you think the team will kiss his ass. You know the way we have turned out LB's in the past we wont do this. Remember we turned GB's trash LB who couldn't crack the roster into a valuable backup for many years for us(hillenmeyer) Lets also remember that other teams will keep in mind that Briggs has a history of doing this so they wont offer anything big for him at all. 1 thing I cant stand is stupid fans saying "well we pay your salary, therefore we should have a say so" This is just purely idiotic. and if you don't like something then why do we still continue to pay for the service.

He makes complete sense because us fans think of this a sport 1st and foremost and then a business while the players think of it as a business 1st and foremost then they think of it as a game. Look, I don't agree with what Briggs is doing but then again look at who his agent is. You know his agent was in his ear to do this as alot of his clients do it. Lets all remember that Briggs has tried this before and was unsuccessful before. What makes you think the team will kiss his ass. You know the way we have turned out LB's in the past we wont do this. Remember we turned GB's trash LB who couldn't crack the roster into a valuable backup for many years for us(hillenmeyer) Lets also remember that other teams will keep in mind that Briggs has a history of doing this so they wont offer anything big for him at all. 1 thing I cant stand is stupid fans saying "well we pay your salary, therefore we should have a say so" This is just purely idiotic. and if you don't like something then why do we still continue to pay for the service.

Maybe the players should grasp a little sense of reality and think that what they make is obscene amounts of money and they should have some loyalty for the team that is shelling it out? Give me a break, this is not Wall Street, this is football!!!!

Stupid fans? Many of us have the Bears in our systems, been Bears fans for decades, not years, so we have no right to an opinion? At the end of the day, fans pay the salaries, we have all of the say, AND FOR ME I SAY F BRIGGS!!!

Maybe the players should grasp a little sense of reality and think that what they make is obscene amounts of money and they should have some loyalty for the team that is shelling it out? Give me a break, this is not Wall Street, this is football!!!!

Stupid fans? Many of us have the Bears in our systems, been Bears fans for decades, not years, so we have no right to an opinion? At the end of the day, fans pay the salaries, we have all of the say, AND FOR ME I SAY F BRIGGS!!!

So your saying the players should have some loyalty towards the team that is shelling out for them. Shouldn't it work both ways. This is a business no matter what anyone wants to think. What I do isn't Wall Street either but that doesn't mean its not a business. These Owners thinking don't think of this as just a football game, they think of this a business maybe we would all be better off if everyone thought of things from both angles and not just 1 sided. I'm not for players or for the owners but I do look at things as a business. You can ask anyone, I bleed navy blue and orange and have for decades either. I agree that the Bears should play hard ball and tell him to go to hell

With all due respect....that last portion couldn't be any more wrong. At least in terms of scheme and under the Lovie regime.

Rosie and Holdman were back in the Jauron days and played in a completely different 4-3, nickel, strong side system. Rosie was allowed to play DE and put his hand down on obvious passing situations as he excelled has a pass rusher. Rosie suffered a terrible knee injury, but when he actually played for the Pats in that 3-4....wow. They held onto him through the injuries for as long as they could because they knew he was outstanding. Holdman wasn't the same after he tore his knee up in '02, but had a very good season in Cleveland and cashed in with the Skins to end his career...but lived up to his billing there.

In reference to Briggs...he was a stud his rookie year under Jauron and that system appeared to have fit him just fine. This is currently the perfect system for him as he can play the 'Will' as he is very much like what Derrick Brooks was in Tampa. However....a team like Philly would slip Briggs in and he wouldn't miss a beat (Samuel for Briggs has been thrown around, but it won't happen).

So Lovie and his system inherited Urlacher and Briggs...after that...it hasn't produced much more than Jamar Williams IMHO....which means the system hasn't produced squat. If I can agree with you at all it is that you could put pretty much place any gifted LB next to Urlacher in any system and they'd flourish. However, that doesn't mean they wouldn't flourish elsewhere.

[/b]In reference to Briggs...he was a stud his rookie year under Jauron and that system appeared to have fit him just fine. This is currently the perfect system for him as he can play the 'Sam' as he is very much like what Derrick Brooks was in Tampa. However....a team like Philly would slip Briggs in and he wouldn't miss a beat (Samuel for Briggs has been thrown around, but it won't happen).

So Lovie and his system inherited Urlacher and Briggs...after that...it hasn't produced much more than Jamar Williams IMHO....which means the system hasn't produced squat. If I can agree with you at all it is that you could put pretty much place any gifted LB next to Urlacher in any system and they'd flourish. However, that doesn't mean they wouldn't flourish elsewhere.

I was reading this thinking that something didn't quite add up. As far as Holdman and Colvin I will have to defer as I don't remember them actually doing better until AFTER they left the Bears.

But with Briggs I'd have to disagree with some of the previous post. The first thing I noticed is that Jauron's last year in Chicago was 2003, which was Briggs' first. As he (Briggs) may have done well his first year, he didn't make his first of six Pro Bowl selections until 2005 (Lovie's second year). And of course the other five were during Lovie's tenure. So although Lovie did "inherit" the player Briggs, Briggs I believe is "inheriting" his top notch play as a result of playing for Lovie's scheme as opposed to Jauron's. And similarly there really hasn't been a need to develop a lot of talent behind Briggs as he has been pretty reliable and steady. However a case could be made for Roach or even Iwuh. And I was reminded recently that the Bears did manage to help out Hillenmeyer in his career after not doing as well while with the Packers.

So the system, actually something I believe Tony Dungy either invented or perfected and passed along, has done pretty well. As the Chicago Defense has been rated near or in the top 10 in most of Lovie's tenure.

As far as Briggs being able to do well elsewhere, perhaphs Philly as the example given, I'm not sure that he would have as prolific career as in Chicago. For one thing he is going to be 31 this year. Another (and in using Philly as the example) is Briggs has shown that he is not as effective when leading the Defense where he would probably be asked to do there. Especially given their starting MLB is the Rookie Casey Matthews.

Briggs would be better served in saying it was all a mistake and maybe looking again at it either next offseason or after the next three years.

I was reading this thinking that something didn't quite add up. As far as Holdman and Colvin I will have to defer as I don't remember them actually doing better until AFTER they left the Bears.

But with Briggs I'd have to disagree with some of the previous post. The first thing I noticed is that Jauron's last year in Chicago was 2003, which was Briggs' first. As he (Briggs) may have done well his first year, he didn't make his first of six Pro Bowl selections until 2005 (Lovie's second year). And of course the other five were during Lovie's tenure. So although Lovie did "inherit" the player Briggs, Briggs I believe is "inheriting" his top notch play as a result of playing for Lovie's scheme as opposed to Jauron's. And similarly there really hasn't been a need to develop a lot of talent behind Briggs as he has been pretty reliable and steady. However a case could be made for Roach or even Iwuh. And I was reminded recently that the Bears did manage to help out Hillenmeyer in his career after not doing as well while with the Packers.

So the system, actually something I believe Tony Dungy either invented or perfected and passed along, has done pretty well. As the Chicago Defense has been rated near or in the top 10 in most of Lovie's tenure.

As far as Briggs being able to do well elsewhere, perhaphs Philly as the example given, I'm not sure that he would have as prolific career as in Chicago. For one thing he is going to be 31 this year. Another (and in using Philly as the example) is Briggs has shown that he is not as effective when leading the Defense where he would probably be asked to do there. Especially given their starting MLB is the Rookie Casey Matthews.

Briggs would be better served in saying it was all a mistake and maybe looking again at it either next offseason or after the next three years.

I don't really disagree with you...not that much anyway. To state Briggs didn't meet his potential because he didn't make the pro-bowl as a rookie is very unfair. He was a beast at that point with unreal potential, which was met in all fairness to Lovie and his staff. What I was trying to say is to act like we're a LB factory is wrong. We historically have had great LBs....but that has nothing to do with this scheme in place. Urlacher was all world when Lovie got here and Briggs was clearly on his way (even though this system is the best fit for Briggs, which we agree..Philly's schemes look to be very similar). Other than those two...we've always been lagging at the Will. It may be nitpicking, but if we're so great at developing LBs...we would have developed one by now to play next to #54 and #55...it has always been a band-aid.

To say the Bears helped Hillenmeyer may be inaccurate...Urlacher helped Hillenmeyer. Please recall 2009 when Urlacher was out all year.....I've never seen worse play for an entire season out of a LB than Hillenmeyer that year. If Hillenmeyer could take Urlacher with him anywhere he went...he'd still be in the league.

In response to Briggs making a mistake with this whole thing- no question he's in the wrong. He's very wrong. However to state or even insinuate a little that he isn't that important to the Bears as they could easily replace him would be wrong. He's very important to the Bears and Urlacher would be the first to tell you that. I wouldn't meet his demands or give him a new contract, but I won't deny his value to the Bears. Not even a little.

As far as Holdman and Colvin I will have to defer as I don't remember them actually doing better until AFTER they left the Bears.

I never said they did better AFTER they left the Bears- injuries played a role in prematurely ending their careers. However, when they played...they played well. The system didn't make those guys what they were- they were just good players was my point.

Tony Dungy's version of this defense is a hybrid of the defense the Steelers of the Steel Curtain played since that is the team he played with professionally as a safety after being a Qb at the university of Minnesota.That defense featured some pretty undersized LBs as HOF MLB Jack Lambert played at about 215 and HOF WLB Jack Ham at about 225. The key to that whole defense was the front four generated a lot of pressure by themselves led by HOF DT Joe Greene. They had one HOF DB in cornerback Mel Blount. So thats 4 HOF players on the same defense. That would make any scheme successful. The Bears version currently has 3 potential HOF players(Peppers,Urlacher and Briggs) with Briggs being the least likely to make it because of the perception of him being good because of scheme and Urlacher playing next to him.

Much was said about the success of Buddy Ryan's 46 defense in 85 but a lot of people don't realize that he had been the DC here since 1978 at first under Neil Armstrong and then the players led by Gary Fencik campaigned for Ryan to stay with the team by going to Papa Bear before he hired Ditka. Until that scheme got all the right guys with Wilbur Marshall being the last one it had moderate success.

Lance Briggs for all his dumb quotes and actions off the field is a helluva WL backer on the field and since he has made quite a few pro bowls and seems to have that same sentiment from around the league.

So your saying the players should have some loyalty towards the team that is shelling out for them. Shouldn't it work both ways. This is a business no matter what anyone wants to think. What I do isn't Wall Street either but that doesn't mean its not a business. These Owners thinking don't think of this as just a football game, they think of this a business maybe we would all be better off if everyone thought of things from both angles and not just 1 sided. I'm not for players or for the owners but I do look at things as a business. You can ask anyone, I bleed navy blue and orange and have for decades either. I agree that the Bears should play hard ball and tell him to go to hell

I think I understand, and respect, your view but the essence of what I am saying is that I wish there was some aspect of loyalty to the team, and fans, particularly since they are fortunate enough to be paid an extraordinary amount of money to play a game.

Maybe it has always been the way it is now and I am just becoming more aware of it, perhaps I was just naive when I was younger in thinking that players actually had some loyalty to their team, the fans, and the city. Regardless, I don't see that now very often and it disappoints me greatly.

And in regards to Briggs, not only does he not care about Chicago but he is a turd. I hope he goes, one way or another, and I will be willing to bet that we don't see much reduction in performance at the position. He has always been over-rated in my view.

However to state or even insinuate a little that he isn't that important to the Bears as they could easily replace him would be wrong. He's very important to the Bears and Urlacher would be the first to tell you that. I wouldn't meet his demands or give him a new contract, but I won't deny his value to the Bears. Not even a little.

Yeah, reading up on the last time this happened ('07?), Urlacher offered to help in getting Briggs to stay. Especially when Briggs was saying he was done as a Bear. Read the part about "Professional Career" ugh!...

However I have to believe that even Urlacher has got to be tired of this. And I think we will have to agree to disagree on the importance of Briggs to the Bears. More the other way around, or at least with Urlacher. As does Urlacher, so goes Briggs. But that's just me.

I am not comparing my job to an NFL players, not even the money. I am comparing behavior. Briggs publicly threw the entire Bears organization under the bus years ago then the Bears rewarded him with a bigger contract than anyone else offered him. Briggs had more value to the Bears and the Bears honored that. Briggs could have pursued a 3 or 4 year deal with lesser money upfront so he could hit FA again but he wanted the long term deal with bigger bonus. His choice not mine, and now that he made it and got the reward he wants to throw the team under the bus again.

This is not the type of locker room leadership I want on the roster. It's one thing if he made a request to team, even if everyone knows he would like a raise, but to rant and rave and then officially demand a trade is total BS IMO.

What this team needs is some competition at LB and we're going to get that next year, early in the draft.

I think I understand, and respect, your view but the essence of what I am saying is that I wish there was some aspect of loyalty to the team, and fans, particularly since they are fortunate enough to be paid an extraordinary amount of money to play a game.

Maybe it has always been the way it is now and I am just becoming more aware of it, perhaps I was just naive when I was younger in thinking that players actually had some loyalty to their team, the fans, and the city. Regardless, I don't see that now very often and it disappoints me greatly.

And in regards to Briggs, not only does he not care about Chicago but he is a turd. I hope he goes, one way or another, and I will be willing to bet that we don't see much reduction in performance at the position. He has always been over-rated in my view.

The biggest difference is in the past the players did have loyalty but they also didn't make a ridiculous amount back then and many of those players even had 2nd jobs during the off season just to make sure they could make ends meet. Back then you also didn't have free agency and Rosendick wasn't around. But since Free Agency has come around and the game has blossomed into this 9 billion dollar cash machine that we all see as a game as become a business for all these players. When players look at it as a business and the current team offers you a little but another team like the Skins or Cowboys come calling you can't blame the player for going where the money. But I think the biggest problem is that most players don't know what to do with the money once they do get it so when there broke or close it they will just pick up and go where they biggest offer is. When need more players who actually know what to do with the money and if we can get that maybe just maybe we will see more loyalty from those players. But until then this is what the game as become over the years. And the blame goes out to everyone on this.

The biggest difference is in the past the players did have loyalty but they also didn't make a ridiculous amount back then and many of those players even had 2nd jobs during the off season just to make sure they could make ends meet. Back then you also didn't have free agency and Rosendick wasn't around. But since Free Agency has come around and the game has blossomed into this 9 billion dollar cash machine that we all see as a game as become a business for all these players. When players look at it as a business and the current team offers you a little but another team like the Skins or Cowboys come calling you can't blame the player for going where the money. But I think the biggest problem is that most players don't know what to do with the money once they do get it so when there broke or close it they will just pick up and go where they biggest offer is. When need more players who actually know what to do with the money and if we can get that maybe just maybe we will see more loyalty from those players. But until then this is what the game as become over the years. And the blame goes out to everyone on this.

It does seem weird that there is quite a few guys grumbling throughout the league about their contracts after a lockout when no one lost money.

All I know is that if I could go for more dollars on my current job but can't since my pay is truly collectively bargained by my union.