The Bears Player Who You Want To Throw Something At The TV.

lemonej

Over my many years of watching Bears football I have had some real highs and a whole lotta lows but when it comes to me spiking the Bears cap on the ground or chucking it at the tube one player made me sicker than anyone when I watched his constant miscues. That was Lew Barnes who was a WR/returner on I think the 87 Bears team. He was an adventure each return and you didn't know if he would cleanly field the punt,take it to the house or fumble it after running 30 yards with it.That year I think the Bears were 12-4 and hosted the Skins at Soldier's Field in the playoffs.The Bears had two critical fumbles in the game one by Payton and the other from Barnes late in the game with the Bears trailing. I also believe that was the game where Ditka started Doug Flutie and his old teammate Skins DC Ritchie Pettibon used a 5-man d-line and dared the Bears to pass with Flutie as he was the 3rd string QB that year behind Tomczak and rookie Harbaugh. Between me swaring at Ditka and Barnes and throwing my 85 SB Champs t-shirt at the TV the kids were spooked by me until the game was over.

Lew Barnes gets my vote with Bernard "False Start" Robertson a close second and Rashan Salaam gets honarable mention.

Over my many years of watching Bears football I have had some real highs and a whole lotta lows but when it comes to me spiking the Bears cap on the ground or chucking it at the tube one player made me sicker than anyone when I watched his constant miscues. That was Lew Barnes who was a WR/returner on I think the 87 Bears team. He was an adventure each return and you didn't know if he would cleanly field the punt,take it to the house or fumble it after running 30 yards with it.That year I think the Bears were 12-4 and hosted the Skins at Soldier's Field in the playoffs.The Bears had two critical fumbles in the game one by Payton and the other from Barnes late in the game with the Bears trailing. I also believe that was the game where Ditka started Doug Flutie and his old teammate Skins DC Ritchie Pettibon used a 5-man d-line and dared the Bears to pass with Flutie as he was the 3rd string QB that year behind Tomczak and rookie Harbaugh. Between me swaring at Ditka and Barnes and throwing my 85 SB Champs t-shirt at the TV the kids were spooked by me until the game was over.

Lew Barnes gets my vote with Bernard "False Start" Robertson a close second and Rashan Salaam gets honarable mention.

WOW Lew Barnes, great receiver for the Farnkfurt Galaxy in the originl WLAF

Guest TerraTor
R.W. McQuarters. I still see him begging for a lateral, when he should have been blocking. Cost us a Td and potentially the game. Most selfish play I've ever seen. Now, I'm angry. Lol!

Dammit u stole mine... ha!

Wow! I tried to forget that guy! Thanks a lot!

For me, it's Grossman at the top of my head. So much hope pinned on him and his tiny schoolgirl hands... It's simply more recent and more logged in the memory banks. The hurt comes from that he showed glimmers of hope. Benson is a close second...

For me its alot sooner then most, It was Abe Gibron. He and Bobby Douglas drove me nuts. Nuff said on that.

LOL, I thought about those days but I was a kid back then. About all I can recall from then is thinking that those guys didn't look like they knew what they were doing.

For me its alot sooner then most, It was Abe Gibron. He and Bobby Douglas drove me nuts. Nuff said on that.

Grizz those were some really lean years and most of us fans held to the rally cry that we may not win but atleast you knew you were in a game when you played the Bears. I can't remember exactly who was in the backfield but Carl Garrett and Don Shy come to mind since this wasthe same year that Sayers couldn't catch Alan Page in the Armed Forces game.Maybe Joe Moore or Jim Harrison. On defense we had Butkus and Buffone at LB, with Ross Brubacher and maybe Willie Holman and Tony McGee at DE. I'll say some of the secondary was Joe Taylor CB ,Gary Lyle and Craig Clemons at safety and Charley Ford at the other CB.I still remember Douglass throwing 4 TDs with a broken arm here against Buffalo and the WRs being George Farmer and Jim Seymour. Kicker the bricklayer Mirro Roder?

Grizz those were some really lean years and most of us fans held to the rally cry that we may not win but atleast you knew you were in a game when you played the Bears. I can't remember exactly who was in the backfield but Carl Garrett and Don Shy come to mind since this wasthe same year that Sayers couldn't catch Alan Page in the Armed Forces game.Maybe Joe Moore or Jim Harrison. On defense we had Butkus and Buffone at LB, with Ross Brubacher and maybe Willie Holman and Tony McGee at DE. I'll say some of the secondary was Joe Taylor CB ,Gary Lyle and Craig Clemons at safety and Charley Ford at the other CB.I still remember Douglass throwing 4 TDs with a broken arm here against Buffalo and the WRs being George Farmer and Jim Seymour. Kicker the bricklayer Mirro Roder?

I hear ya there, but what got me is we had 2 Halfbacks in those days and the QB ends up running for 1000 yds. Figure that out.

Yeah, Rex and anyone who holds or blocks in the back away from the play on a return. Or any DB who lets their man catch the ball even when they're draped all over them. Or any d-player who freezes in the open field trying to make a head-on open field tackle (the instant I see them stop I know they won't make the tackle because they're not making the tackle attempt develop on their terms and at the pro level these guys will juke you every time). I guess I'm good about spreading the facepalms around. Basically any situation where I find myself asking "Hey numbnuts, how long have you been playing football?".