Who's going for the saints tonight

NAMEDSONPAYTON2

Guest TerraTor
I'm actually eating Dirty Rice for dinner and wearing white and black, inadvertanly. I'm so going for New Orleans tonight.

Watching Kreutz tonight makes me appreciate that he was traded. Pack has gotten to Brees many times ala Kreutz' lane.

woulda been nice if we traded him

Packers D didn't look so hot tonight. They are very beatable if our line holds up and Jay doesn't throw the ball to the guys in green.

The Pack is definitely beatable. The Bears did it early last year and nearly pulled it off in the big game....with a backup QB nonetheless. The Bears can and will match up with them fine.

They (Packers) did look good yes but the Saints defense looked like crap. They could not cover and were almost always out of place. The Bears' defense is much more organized and pressure better than the Saints ever will.

I think when its all said and done I predict the Bears will come out 2-1 after the first three games.

From my perspective.

Their offense is damn good. We expected that, but crap. They have a lot of weapons. Covering their TE is a struggle. I hate to put Urlacher on him, but I"m not sure anyone else can cover him.

One real good thing is, NO's was getting torn up early on, then shifted to a cover two, and were far more effective. NO stopped giving up the big plays, and forced GB on extended drives. They put GB into a bunch of 3rd and longs, but then allowed GB to convert. Point here is, our base defense seems the better way to defend GB, which helps us.

NO does not have a good pass rush, but still often seemed to get inside the pocket. Rodgers was good moving around and getting rid of the ball, but a better pass rush (which ours hopes to be) could/should do far more to rush the throws.

Their run game didn't impress me.

On the other side, their run defense was pretty stout. I also think their pass defense looked better than some might think looking at Brees' huge game.

Brees had 420 passing yards, but also 50 pass attempts. Further, he freaking Drew Brees. But I thought GBs corners still looked good, and they we pass rushing pretty well too. Brees is a MVP caliber QB, with a host of talented weapons. I really don't think fans should look at what he did and simply assume GB's defense sucks.

Sure would be nice for green bay to have a loss at home to start out the season

From my perspective.

Their offense is damn good. We expected that, but crap. They have a lot of weapons. Covering their TE is a struggle. I hate to put Urlacher on him, but I"m not sure anyone else can cover him.

One real good thing is, NO's was getting torn up early on, then shifted to a cover two, and were far more effective. NO stopped giving up the big plays, and forced GB on extended drives. They put GB into a bunch of 3rd and longs, but then allowed GB to convert. Point here is, our base defense seems the better way to defend GB, which helps us.

NO does not have a good pass rush, but still often seemed to get inside the pocket. Rodgers was good moving around and getting rid of the ball, but a better pass rush (which ours hopes to be) could/should do far more to rush the throws.

Their run game didn't impress me.

On the other side, their run defense was pretty stout. I also think their pass defense looked better than some might think looking at Brees' huge game.

Brees had 420 passing yards, but also 50 pass attempts. Further, he freaking Drew Brees. But I thought GBs corners still looked good, and they we pass rushing pretty well too. Brees is a MVP caliber QB, with a host of talented weapons. I really don't think fans should look at what he did and simply assume GB's defense sucks.

In defense of the Bears. Their (GB) offense is the same they had last year, save that rookie kid that ran back the 108 yd TD. Finley will be tricky to cover but with stout (and I hope that it is) coverage by Jennings and Tillman (with help from Harris and Meriweather(?)) then he will be the only real concern. In that regard Finley could have it tough with Urlacher, Briggs and Roach(?) covering the middle. I see more of zone type coverage in the middle for him. - slight advantage Chi

I saw NO go to the cover two later in the game too and things seemed to calm. Unfortunately for them I don't know that is their comfort level D. With Gregg Williams just starting as D coordinator there (paired with the lockout) and that New Orleans has not had a prolific D I didn't see them getting comfortable UNTIL they went to the Cover 2. The Bears have been running the Cover 2 for how long now and have some of the best players in that scheme - big advantage Chi

The point of the "pass rush" you make is an important one. If I'm not mistaken, that is what disrupted Rodgers in all three games the Bears and Packers played last year. Even the sluff #2 game with backups playing most of the way. With Peppers and Idonije (and who knows who else) getting on Rodgers that only makes him become hurried. The big gains last night were due to poor pass rushing and his ability to scan the field. Rodgers usually gets pretty beat up playing the Bears and that counts in the Bears favor - big advantage Chi.

Their defense is pretty decent. With Dom Capers you know that there will be a lot of corner/safety blitzes and Clay Matthews showing up in the backfield. Something I saw in the preseason gave me hope which was the development of a lot of delay and screen plays. That will be huge and as I said before they could hope to meet Jay in the backfield all they want, problem is that Forte or Bell will already have left. That will open things up down field. Although their secondary is good they too will have the same challenges as the Bears with one on one coverage. They may do better in that regard but what equals it out is the Bears better running attack and improved Oline run blocking. - even or slight advantage GB

Overall there is no denying that GB is a flashy team but Chicago was able to corral them pretty well in two of the games they played together last year. The first matchup, that CHI won, was actually with most of the starters in so GB couldn't even use that excuse. These two games this year will be like usual. A knock down drag out fight to the finish. If Chicago stays true to itself and doesn't try for the big gains it will do just fine.