Falcons @ Bears, 9/11/11

balta1701-A

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was right. Webb's guy was the guy that got the sack but the sack happened because Carimi got pushed back into Cutler. That forced Cutler back into Webb's guy.

If Carimi had held against the Bull Rush then Cutler could have easily stepped up to avoid that, but the guy in front of him pushed him back.

No way!!!! Carimi didn't do great on that play, but his performance had ZERO to do with the fact that Webb's guy burned his ass, got around the corner, and hit Cutler clean. You can't blame Carimi for not having the opening for Jay to step into on a play that Webb got completely destroyed. If so, then you have to blame the rest of the OL for the sack as well...which is stupid.

That was Webb 100%.

And just as I hit "Complete Edit" Webb gets his ass burned again, in the exact same way.

Yes he did. He had the five step drop and two steps up. Webb has been up and down so far, but that one is on Cutler.

I guess we just have philosophical differences then. If a QB goes back on a 5 or 7 step drop and there is immediate pressure from the end, I don't view that as giving the QB a real chance. He stepped up because of distress, not comfort. On the plays in the earlier part of the game he stepped up because the whole OL did a good job of creating the pocket. But on that play, the immediate pressure caused him to step up in a rush, and the rest of the OL was not solid enough to make up for the OT's weakness. Not that I blame the other guys, they held their initial blocks plenty long for Cutler to have a chance.

Bad decision by Cutler almost ends up in a pick. Good batting the ball down by Hester.

Yes, I am worried about his desire to force it into Hester at this point. I hope they make an adjustment where Hester crosses, Cutler pumps, that DB bites again, and Hester goes downfield.

I guess we just have philosophical differences then. If a QB goes back on a 5 or 7 step drop and there is immediate pressure from the end, I don't view that as giving the QB a real chance. He stepped up because of distress, not comfort. On the plays in the earlier part of the game he stepped up because the whole OL did a good job of creating the pocket. But on that play, the immediate pressure caused him to step up in a rush, and the rest of the OL was not solid enough to make up for the OT's weakness. Not that I blame the other guys, they held their initial blocks plenty long for Cutler to have a chance.

Whatever, on that play he had his five step drop and stepped up twice and pumped twice. He has to either throw or run it. No matter how much we complain about the line he will not have 5 seconds to throw.

Whatever, on that play he had his five step drop and stepped up twice and pumped twice. He has to either throw or run it. No matter how much we complain about the line he will not have 5 seconds to throw.

Look, I'm not trying to be sour with you, despite how you're replying.

I honestly don't think we see things the same way.

Is the sack Jay's fault? Yes, he could have thrown it away once he stepped up and nothing else was there. But the fact that the OT got burned changes the entire dynamic of the play. Everything at that point is a step off, a second late. There is a reason why they have 3, 5, and 7 step drops, and you've never heard of a 5-minus-1 step drop. The design is for the QB to plant his back foot on that final step and fire the pass in. If he plants and there is someone about to drill him, that sorta, ya know, changes things.

To reiterate: Sack is on Jay, but the busted play is on the OT.