Adrian Peterson

bowlingtwig

Its been reported that the Vikings have locked up Peterson with a 7 yr deal worth approximately 100 mil and 36 guaranteed. This is a stupid signing for Minnesota. Good for AP but this could make it difficult to resign Forte as he views himself up there just behind CJ2K and AP as far as RB's go.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6952094/...eal-source-says

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer Albert Breer

RT @ProFootballTalk: Adrian Peterson is signing a seven-year, $100 million deal with $36 million guaranteed, per league source.

Guest TerraTor
Terra, it is stupid because running backs do not last any length of time in the NFL as they get beat up. And AP will likely be worthless after a year or two more.

Worthless in a year or two huh... Good call

How many playoff and other key games has Minn lost due to AP's fumbles? Pass protection? Over the last couple years AP has lost some of his burst. I haven't seen him run this year so maybe he's got it back. He's still a beast to tackle and he's still one of the top RBs in the league but he's a RB. If Forte thinks he gets that money or anywhere close to it I say let him go. I much prefer to spend that cash on building an elite Oline in front of Cutler then we can put Khalil Bell back there to run the ball and he'll look like AP.