Noots' Notes Game 1: 30-12 win over Atlanta

Noots

I rate the Oline better....B-. They were far from perfect but they did enough to make the offense effective. Not only that, they were opening holes on running plays in the second half when we had the lead. I give them credit too because they played with composure despite all the pressure that was on them.

I grade the DBs lower too because they gave up too many big plays late in the game when all they should be giving up is underneath stuff. Meriweather was pretty much just reacting after the throw but I'm glad the coaches got him in there to get some reps. With his ability to break on the ball, once he gets comfortable with the reads, assignments, and with that pass rush in front of him I expect a few big plays from him this season.

I think "average" is right where I'd grade the O-line. Definite breakdowns but survivable and room to grow.

Agreed and when you factor in the slide and the coverage sack it was an average performance whic is all we are looking for.

BTW: If Webb has 30 holding penalties to keep guys off Cutler so be it as long as it doesn't take points off the board or put the Bears in a deep hole.