NFL observation

Alaskan Grizzly

In watching a few highlights and specifically the New Orleans / Green Bay contest earlier this week, many teams Defenses' are simply not ready. I believe Deion Sanders was making the point on NFL Network during "NFL Gameday". Something along the lines of how during the off-season and specifically the lockout you heard of teams' Offensive members meeting with each other but not many Defensive players (as a unit) getting together. Going back to the Saints/Packers game a total of 76 points combined and the passing that was going on, revealed many blown coverages. And in many other games highlights again Defensive backs and LB's not being where they were supposed to be. Or in the case of the Bears / Falcons contest where they (Falcons) were unable or willing to wrap up and make a tackle.

Save the Bears...they seemed to do just fine. Perhaps because most of the players have been in the same system for awhile? Hmmm.... I think it could be a few weeks before we see the other Defenses catching up with where the Offenses are in terms of preparation.

In watching a few highlights and specifically the New Orleans / Green Bay contest earlier this week, many teams Defenses' are simply not ready. I believe Deion Sanders was making the point on NFL Network during "NFL Gameday". Something along the lines of how during the off-season and specifically the lockout you heard of teams' Offensive members meeting with each other but not many Defensive players (as a unit) getting together. Going back to the Saints/Packers game a total of 76 points combined and the passing that was going on, revealed many blown coverages. And in many other games highlights again Defensive backs and LB's not being where they were supposed to be. Or in the case of the Bears / Falcons contest where they (Falcons) were unable or willing to wrap up and make a tackle.

Save the Bears...they seemed to do just fine. Perhaps because most of the players have been in the same system for awhile? Hmmm.... I think it could be a few weeks before we see the other Defenses catching up with where the Offenses are in terms of preparation.

You're right. Alot of people were out of position. Even on one occasion, Peanut got pulled in and was caught out of position. Whether or not it was just a fluke play or lack of prep time, it was more evident of other teams yesterday, as opposed to the Bears.