Bears Improvement Hinges On 3 Gurus Doing Their Thing

lemonej

Its not too often that NFL teams can have 3 former head coaches as assistant coaches for 2 consecutive seasons as usually someone comes a callin' for their services.This unique situation we have here is something that we should watch closely. As most of the nation think the Bears are a luck based bunch, the fact that these 3 guys have coached up a couple of players on this team speaks volumes for their expertise.

Martz: He obviously has had a positive effect on Jay Cutler with him getting in the best shape of his career even during a lockout offseason and he clearly has a grasp of what Martz is trying to do which makes me wonder if the 2 had secret meetings during the offseason. The way he is utilizing Forte as a receiver and in the run game lets me know that he isn't as mule-headed as we thought. The motivation tactic used on Johnny Knox seems to be working and his willingness to include an undrafted FA in his season opening game plans is a tribute to how he is adapting to his personnel.

Tice: As was the case last year Tice's unit was a work in progress and if he does exactly what he did last season by coaching up a mediocre unit to okay, he can make an okay unit decent.Not good or great but decent especially if at this sack rate his unit will shave 8 sacks off of last years total whic IMO is still too many so just follow last year's progressionwhen they cut the sacks in half after the bye week. The key players that we need to target for Tices credibility are Webb and Carimi. The interior guys with Williams,Garza,Spencer,Louis and Williams are all veterans and just need to know the scheme.

Marinelli: Clearly he has gotten quick results from one player that looks like he clearly has coached up and one other that looks like he is extremely motivated to play for him and these 2 are Henry Melton and Amobi Okoye.Peppers is playing his usual high level and Idonije is steady if not spectacular. I'm willing to say he has a little to do with Toeina's development but Adams as well as Toeina seem self motivated.If he continues to maximize the talents of this group of D-linemen this coould turn out to be a special season for this team.

Also I'll give special mention to Ruskell for Reed on the defense line because watching him drop in coverage and cover a back showed me that he knows where he is supposed to be and that points to coaching in this shortened off season.

I'm pretty much in agreement, I just wish the Bears' FO would have given Tice one more tools to work with. Marinelli got multiple tools added to the toolbox, even had enough to let a potentially decent tool go.

Right now, however, it looks like the DL will be destroying QBs all year. IF that pattern continues, and the front four get consistent pressure, the cover-2 defense will work wonders this year.

I'm pretty much in agreement, I just wish the Bears' FO would have given Tice one more tools to work with. Marinelli got multiple tools added to the toolbox, even had enough to let a potentially decent tool go.

Right now, however, it looks like the DL will be destroying QBs all year. IF that pattern continues, and the front four get consistent pressure, the cover-2 defense will work wonders this year.

I really think Tice's tools are better than most admit they are.

They just need time now.

Jason I totally agree on your point but you know this is the thinking: Omayale has started, Williams has started and is a veteran an Spencer has experince and is verasatile especially after he stepped in for Louis in a pinch yesterday.So they think they have solid veteran backups on the O-line. WTBS I'm more concerned with the two tools he has gotten in the last couple of years Carimi and Webb. I think both had sub par games in terms of what they should be doing and given the 2 teams coming up I'm wondering if they can im,prove via film study and Tice magic dust.

Jason I totally agree on your point but you know this is the thinking: Omayale has started, Williams has started and is a veteran an Spencer has experince and is verasatile especially after he stepped in for Louis in a pinch yesterday.So they think they have solid veteran backups on the O-line. WTBS I'm more concerned with the two tools he has gotten in the last couple of years Carimi and Webb. I think both had sub par games in terms of what they should be doing and given the 2 teams coming up I'm wondering if they can im,prove via film study and Tice magic dust.

That is kind of my point, lemon. And I get the thinking. I just don't agree with it. Omiyale may have started, but he was atrocious and probably should never start again. Spencer was not really even wanted by his former team. Louis is not a stud by any means. He may not even be average. And Webb showed last year - and yesterday - that he is below average at best.

I hope they improve, but 5 sacks per game is way more than the team averaged last year, and that pounding cost the Bears, and Jay Cutler, dearly.

That is kind of my point, lemon. And I get the thinking. I just don't agree with it. Omiyale may have started, but he was atrocious and probably should never start again. Spencer was not really even wanted by his former team. Louis is not a stud by any means. He may not even be average. And Webb showed last year - and yesterday - that he is below average at best.

I hope they improve, but 5 sacks per game is way more than the team averaged last year, and that pounding cost the Bears, and Jay Cutler, dearly.

The good thing us we have new Orleans next and they don't have much of a pass rush. The problem will be the following week against green bay. That will be a very good test. We need to get things cleaned up before we get Detroit as that line is nasty and plays very dirty

What in the Hell does this have to do with his play yesterday?>I just dont get some peoples analogy of what a player is. I guess all them kids in Orphanges are crap too because nobody wants em right?