Injury updates

balta1701-A

Coach Lovie Smith wouldn’t come out specifically and say it, but indications are that Chicago Bears running back Marion Barber is expected to return to practice Wednesday.

Smith declined to shed any light Monday on the status of right guard Lance Louis and wide receiver Roy Williams. Louis suffered a sprained right ankle and left Soldier Field wearing a walking boot. The belief is he will not play against the Saints, leaving the Bears with a decision on the offensive line.

Smith praised the effort made by newcomer Chris Spencer in Louis’ place. But consideration probably will be given to Edwin Williams, too. He has more experience in the offense and is a more natural guard. Roy Williams suffered a groin muscle injury.

Link

hopefully neither is too serious. Ankle sprain for an Offensive linemen is a tough one. if it's minor maybe 1-2 weeks. Spencer didn't do too bad filling in not that he was replacing a pro bowl guard. Roy was looking pretty good till he came up lame on that last catch. Hope it's minor too, but even if it isn't minor we have Knox who's hungry and more than happy to step in and make a bid to take over the #1 job from Roy. Signing Roy I think has lit a fire under Knox and that's a good thing.

Considering the other injuries suffered around the league in week one I'd say we escaped in pretty good shape and may get another piece back next week with Barber possibly returning. Bell made some nice runs glad to see him get in the action he's earned some playing time. As has Dane, though the end around with Dane never had a shot that's not his strength. Good to see us finding some talent in the undrafted FA class.

Bingo. Martz would have pretty much gotten an A+ in my book if it weren't for those dumb trickeration plays...

End around with one of the slowest skills position players on the team? Martz called a good game overall but sometimes he drives me nuts. Don't need Bennett out there playing QB in the wildcat either. We traded the farm for a Pro Bowl QB, keep him on the field.

Poultry last week...gumbo this week.

Great game all around. Some hiccups and a humongous belch (Webb), but nothing compared to some of the other teams' performances. I think the lock-out and the rushed camps affected some more than us. We'll get it togther even more this week. BRING ON THE SAINTS....AND BRING 'EM DOWN

Chicago Bears receiver Roy Williams, who suffered a groin injury in Sunday’s 30-12 win over the Falcons, will sit out Wednesday’s practice as the Bears begin preparation for the New Orleans Saints.

Williams has received routine treatment on his groin over the last few days. He wouldn’t speculate on his status for the New Orleans game.

Williams, who caught four passes for 55 yards in the opener before exiting in the fourth quarter, hopes to return to practice Thursday.

"It’s not a bad thing missing a day of practice,’’ Williams said. "I remember in Detroit during the best year I had, my son had gotten sick in Texas and I flew down and I missed Wednesday and Thursday practices. I came back Friday, played against the Bills Sunday and I had like (10) catches for 161 yards and a touchdown.

"I’m not going to go Allen Iverson on you, but (missing practice) was good for my legs. At the same time, you have to be there mentally. And I was there mentally that week.’’

If Williams can’t go Sunday, Johnny Knox would step in as the ``X’’ receiver.

"I hope to be back as soon as I can,’’ Williams said.

link