Bullet dodged?

madlithuanian

The question mark at the end of this thread title is appropriate, because Colon tore it during Week 1 for the Steelers, and there is no way of knowing if the same injury would have happened were he in a Chicago Bears uniform. There are a billion things that would have had to be similar (play, opponent, angles, speed, hydration, etc.) and we just can't say that he would have had the same problem here. It's not like he had a history of tricep problems or something.

Woulda , Shoulda Coulda, Jesus help me. Is there anything you can say I agree with Jason? Please lets never talk politics.

haha. Yes. Politics is out of the question.

But I just don't believe we can ever know what a player on a different team would have done if he were on the Bears.

Agreed. Just too many unknowns. A player goes down with injury can be attributed to too many different things. Player rolled over him, hard tackle. Whatever. Unless it's a situation where there was a pre-existing injury that came back up (which I think you could argue would happen otherwise), I just don't think you can make the argument.

You can even make the similar case for production. A player may leave us and look great elsewhere. That doesn't mean he would have been great if he stayed. Or vice/versa.

haha. Yes. Politics is out of the question.

But I just don't believe we can ever know what a player on a different team would have done if he were on the Bears.