Postgame thoughts

Ed Hochuli 3:16

The fact that the Bears were playing Cutler will 6 minutes to go in a game where they were getting killed should be a criminal offense.

Pay Forte.

Sanzenbacher cannot drop the crossing pass. The Bears are going to miss Bennett who I fear may be done for the season.

I don't with the Hester starting experiment. He should get 15 to 20 snaps a game period.

Peace :dabears

I don't think he'll be out for the year.

10-0 when Forte carries 25 times. Nuff said.

I heard this stat pregame, and Martz HAS to know this...right? If he does, why not find a way to run 25+ times?

Id like to see what they offered Willie Colon.

Frank Omiyale is yet again a total waste of space

I heard 5 years/$32m. He took 5 years/$29m from Pittsburgh.

John Gruden would be a good offensive coordinator here if we fired Martz. This team is built for a West Coast style offense where we use the short passing game to our advantage with our RB's and WR's and can go deep off of play action.

I highly doubt the FO is going to pay John Gruden $8m/season to be the OC...

Link

Still raspy-voiced from a kick to the throat and beatdown by the New Orleans Saints defense, Bears quarterback Jay Cutler rapped twice on a lectern when pondering whether he could make it through the rest of this season with this type of punishment.

"I don't know," Cutler said. "I don't know."

Cutler absorbed six sacks, in addition to 16 hits against the Saints in the club's 30-13 loss on Sunday, resulting in extreme soreness in the quarterback's throat, "hips, we can go down the list," he said, jokingly.

"I'm not worried about it," he said. "We're 1-1. There's still a lot of football to be played. If this continues, then obviously we're gonna have a problem. We're gonna have to address it. But I'm looking forward to this game. I know the guys are gonna bounce back, as will I."

Cutler admitted the Saints "pressed up" the team's receivers "pretty good," adding "that's where we're gonna have to get the running game going, and pop some creases in there and get them off of us."

They'll have to do something because teams won't call off the dogs in terms of the pass rush until the Bears find a way to beat it. For instance, when opponents blitz one or more defensive backs, Cutler has completed just 9 of 22 for 109 yards, and suffered five sacks while putting up a QBR of -- this isn't a typo -- 5.1, and a passer rating of 56.8, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

"This happened to us last year. We struggled with some things. We made some changes," Cutler said. "That's what this league is about: Going out there and putting stuff on film. People are gonna react to it. We've got to react back. That's how it goes. It's back and forth. Offensively, it's not like we're out there busting plays or forgetting stuff. We're just missing one little thing. Like I said last year, this thing takes 11 guys, and if we have one miscue the whole thing's gonna go up in smoke."