Pointing out the obvious

Guest TerraTor

Cutler didn't get sacked once until around the 11 min mark in the 3rd quarter. What that tells me is we passed so much that everything caught up to us. Offensive lineman would rather run block if you gave them the two choices because it's easier to do. Martz failed hardcore to get the running game going. This reminds me so much of how we played early in the season last year. It wasn't until like week 7 that Martz started to figure it out and dialed down the passing game to let the running game catch up which kept opponents guessing. When we become unbalanced we just leave ourselves wide open to the assault that inevitably will come.

Cutler didn't get sacked once until around the 11 min mark in the 3rd quarter. What that tells me is we passed so much that everything caught up to us. Offensive lineman would rather run block if you gave them the two choices because it's easier to do. Martz failed hardcore to get the running game going. This reminds me so much of how we played early in the season last year. It wasn't until like week 7 that Martz started to figure it out and dialed down the passing game to let the running game catch up which kept opponents guessing. When we become unbalanced we just leave ourselves wide open to the assault that inevitably will come.

And if I'm not mistaken, Omiyale came in around that time. Don't forget NO got the 2nd half kickoff and Carimi got hurt on the last drive of the 1st half. But it's not just the sacks, it's the beating he takes when he's passing. At last count he was sacked 6 times and knocked down 16. That's 22 damn times in 1 f'n game.

And if I'm not mistaken, Omiyale came in around that time. Don't forget NO got the 2nd half kickoff and Carimi got hurt on the last drive of the 1st half. But it's not just the sacks, it's the beating he takes when he's passing. At last count he was sacked 6 times and knocked down 16. That's 22 damn times in 1 f'n game.

Thank you for saving me the time of looking that up. This "he didn't get sacked until the second half" talk is just BS nonsense. He took a beating well before then. The sacks are just a matter of statistics.

Oh I know. You don't have to tell me that. My point is, the Bears lack of pass protection eventually caught up to them because of Martz's inability to call a more balanced offensive game. If we run the ball 20-25 times, Cutler doesn't get sacked as much. Simple as that.

Oh I know. You don't have to tell me that. My point is, the Bears lack of pass protection eventually caught up to them because of Martz's inability to call a more balanced offensive game. If we run the ball 20-25 times, Cutler doesn't get sacked as much. Simple as that.

And he doesn't get hit as much. That was the knock on Martz coming in. Even when his offense is productive, the quarterback still takes a ton of abuse. With this O-Line, the fear was for Cutler's career. The other side was saying that Martz would adapt his play calling, but that has been mixed at best. Sounds like Lovie and Tice need to sit Martz down again and explain the situation.

Guest TerraTor
And he doesn't get hit as much. That was the knock on Martz coming in. Even when his offense is productive, the quarterback still takes a ton of abuse. With this O-Line, the fear was for Cutler's career. The other side was saying that Martz would adapt his play calling, but that has been mixed at best. Sounds like Lovie and Tice need to sit Martz down again and explain the situation.

Whats even sadder then Martz playcalling is the fact that none of the Olineman is a starter on any other team. They are awful.