Gabe Carimi

Guest TerraTor

The Bears board is saying 2-4 weeks. No structural damage to the knee cap, just dislocated. If its two weeks, we can get by, but if he's going to miss the next 4 games, I don't give the Bears or Jay Cutler much of a chance to do anything on offense. The defense is going to have to win us some games now because Omiyale is thee absolute worst tackle in professional football. I have no idea as to how he is even on an NFL roster but we are talking about the same crew that thought Todd Collins was the Bears second best quarterback last season.

PFT is reporting the same.

The Bears board is saying 2-4 weeks. No structural damage to the knee cap, just dislocated. If its two weeks, we can get by, but if he's going to miss the next 4 games, I don't give the Bears or Jay Cutler much of a chance to do anything on offense. The defense is going to have to win us some games now because Omiyale is thee absolute worst tackle in professional football. I have no idea as to how he is even on an NFL roster but we are talking about the same crew that thought Todd Collins was the Bears second best quarterback last season.

A dislocation involves spraining/tearing of the ligaments between bones. It's a lot less scary to call it a dislocation. Makes it sound like "well why don't you just re-located it :), rub some dirt on it and get back out there". But the reality is a bad one can be at least as bad as a bad sprain. That's why dislocated shoulders on QBs sometimes ends their season. Anyway, that's roughly what a medical person told me once when I asked them about it...telling them that a dislocation doesn't sound like a big deal.

I suppose if it's a previously injured joint, then possibly the joint is looser and a dislocation can happen easier, which could mean less new damage has occurred to the ligaments...which could mean a quicker timetable on a return, but I have no idea about Gabe's injury history on his knee. And that's just conjecture.

When it happened I just rolled my eyes and thought Columbo 2.0. Couldn't even make it two full games into your rookie season could you, Gabe? Anyway, that's me being a cynic, sorry.

EDIT: Finally read this article where it says it's only a partial dislocation, which apparently can mean there is no ligament damage. Plus it is indeed a knee that he has injured similarly once before.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2692513.story

The sad thing is Gabe Carimi playing with a partial dislocated knee is still better than Frank Omiyale at 100%... Hope he comes back real soon and we start running the ball alot more.

Gabe Carimi at 80% is better than a 100% Frank Omiyale holding a loaded shotgun.

A dislocation involves spraining/tearing of the ligaments between bones. It's a lot less scary to call it a dislocation. Makes it sound like "well why don't you just re-located it :), rub some dirt on it and get back out there". But the reality is a bad one can be at least as bad as a bad sprain. That's why dislocated shoulders on QBs sometimes ends their season. Anyway, that's roughly what a medical person told me once when I asked them about it...telling them that a dislocation doesn't sound like a big deal.

I suppose if it's a previously injured joint, then possibly the joint is looser and a dislocation can happen easier, which could mean less new damage has occurred to the ligaments...which could mean a quicker timetable on a return, but I have no idea about Gabe's injury history on his knee. And that's just conjecture.

When it happened I just rolled my eyes and thought Columbo 2.0. Couldn't even make it two full games into your rookie season could you, Gabe? Anyway, that's me being a cynic, sorry.

EDIT: Finally read this article where it says it's only a partial dislocation, which apparently can mean there is no ligament damage. Plus it is indeed a knee that he has injured similarly once before.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2692513.story

That is exactly what I thought also and then couple that with Williams being injured in his first year and its kind of a Catch 22 with JA when it comes to drafting any linemen in the first round see Michael Haynes and as a matter of fact if we add up all the OL and DL he has drafted in the first 3 rounds his track record gets really exposed.

Damn, it's still coming up as a generic front page for football...

Thank you for trying! Maybe it's just my dumb computer. (Or user error)

I suck posting links. This the site I use for most of my draft info during the college seasonhttp//www.cbssports.com/#1/nfl/draft/history/team/CHI

• 2 weeks later...