Forte vs Angelo

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/...ck/Default.aspx

---------------------------------------

John Mullin of CSNChicago.com reports Bears running back Matt Forte is turning 2011 into a statement season, accounting for more than half of the team's combined offensive production thus far. But the Bears have not yet locked him up to an extension.

"Obviously someone doesn't believe I'm an elite running back," Forte said.

Forte stands just 17th in rushing after two weeks, with 117 total yards and an average of 4.5 yards per carry but he is No. 2 in the NFL with 324 yards, second only to Carolina’s Steve Smith’s 334 yards. And that should matter as far as Forte is concerned.

"I'd like to get paid off of the production," Forte said. "When you look at the production and what level that's on and you look at some of the guys who are producing and what they get paid, it's not that hard."

"I play like I know how to play every weekend,” Forte said. “That's all I can do."

---------------------------------------------------

I can only imagine JA lets him walk to take away the only offensive weapon on this team. The moron will say something along the lines of

"We feel good about our backs. And we like our Oline"

After his BS i read today I have very little respect for Jerry Angelo. Its one thing to defend yourself but its another to blatantly lie/bullshit your fans

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackass Angela is a tool of the highest order.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/...ck/Default.aspx

---------------------------------------

John Mullin of CSNChicago.com reports Bears running back Matt Forte is turning 2011 into a statement season, accounting for more than half of the team's combined offensive production thus far. But the Bears have not yet locked him up to an extension.

"Obviously someone doesn't believe I'm an elite running back," Forte said.

Forte stands just 17th in rushing after two weeks, with 117 total yards and an average of 4.5 yards per carry but he is No. 2 in the NFL with 324 yards, second only to Carolina’s Steve Smith’s 334 yards. And that should matter as far as Forte is concerned.

"I'd like to get paid off of the production," Forte said. "When you look at the production and what level that's on and you look at some of the guys who are producing and what they get paid, it's not that hard."

"I play like I know how to play every weekend,” Forte said. “That's all I can do."

---------------------------------------------------

I can only imagine JA lets him walk to take away the only offensive weapon on this team. The moron will say something along the lines of

"We feel good about our backs. And we like our Oline"

After his BS i read today I have very little respect for Jerry Angelo. Its one thing to defend yourself but its another to blatantly lie/bullshit your fans

Who was the only Bear player that Angelo let walk that was worth a darn? Berrian who signed a ridiculous contract with Minnesota.

He will sign Forte. You all need to relax.

Peace :dabears

Agree to a point, but like the article I posted earlier, I can see him screwing the pooch with this one as a finger to Bear fans on the way out the door.

Guest TerraTor
Instead of resigning Forte, JA will probably trade him in the offseason for a 4th round pick and a DT with potential who has struggled to break into the starting lineup on another team.

or a panthers OT who has never started a game...

Once again I'll ask...was the offer Jerry Angelo made to Matt Forte unfair?

I think he is as valuable to our offense as other high paid players. Look at someone like Gore who gets paid big $$ and compare him to Forte's production in our offense. I'm not saying CJ2K or AD money, but definately up there. Top 4-10 in pay I would say.

Guest TerraTor
I think he is as valuable to our offense as other high paid players. Look at someone like Gore who gets paid big $$ and compare him to Forte's production in our offense. I'm not saying CJ2K or AD money, but definately up there. Top 4-10 in pay I would say.

The thing with Gore is he already got a big payday in 07. And hes a walking injury and he had the worst season since then last year and got an exstention with 20M guaranteed. Forte should get the same type of deal. We saw what else is on this team Bell sucks like I said.... taylor was worthless....Barber is always hurt.

Agree to a point, but like the article I posted earlier, I can see him screwing the pooch with this one as a finger to Bear fans on the way out the door.

So he's going to screw the deal to fxxx with the fans??? Extremely doubtful. Why would he do that?

The Bears can still franchise tag him as necessary. No way he is going anywhere.

So he's going to screw the deal to fxxx with the fans??? Extremely doubtful. Why would he do that?

The Bears can still franchise tag him as necessary. No way he is going anywhere.

All I'm saying is that "he could be happy with the RB's he has".

Honest question, isn't it the GM who places the tag on players?

Sadly, I see that panning out. If I'm Matt Forte, I probably want to go test the market. He's playing under a crummy contract all year. He knows he'll get paid next year with the tag or get let go and get paid.

This doesn't bode well for the Bears in my opinion. Unless talks are going on and both sides aren't feeling any animosity.

The GM tags the player. If a deal is not reached, they will tag Forte. Barber and Bell are no where near the talent Forte has.

Sadly, I see that panning out. If I'm Matt Forte, I probably want to go test the market. He's playing under a crummy contract all year. He knows he'll get paid next year with the tag or get let go and get paid.

This doesn't bode well for the Bears in my opinion. Unless talks are going on and both sides aren't feeling any animosity.

He's playing under his rookie contract that is not finished. The Bears met with him and tried to negotiate a new contract. It didn't work out and will most likely be dealt with after the season. I am 99% confident he will remain a Bear after next season.

I hope you're right...and not just under the tag.

He's playing under his rookie contract that is not finished. The Bears met with him and tried to negotiate a new contract. It didn't work out and will most likely be dealt with after the season. I am 99% confident he will remain a Bear after next season.

I hope you're right...and not just under the tag.

Assuming Forte stays healthy, the Bears will make a D'Angelo Williams level offer to Forte just after the season ends. It will again be a fair offer for a RB of Forte's caliber at that point in his career, just as the offer they made last month was a fair offer at that point.

If Forte wants to be paid like Adrian Peterson or CJ, he's going to wind up with the franchise tag on him for this year.

Assuming Forte stays healthy, the Bears will make a D'Angelo Williams level offer to Forte just after the season ends. It will again be a fair offer for a RB of Forte's caliber at that point in his career, just as the offer they made last month was a fair offer at that point.

If Forte wants to be paid like Adrian Peterson or CJ, he's going to wind up with the franchise tag on him for this year.

I don't think he's expecting money comparable to what they got. I do think JA lowballed him. Lastly, I believe Connor Bear was right when he said they'll get a deal done.

I really hope you guys are right... I'm just being a doubting Thomas on this at the moment...

Just note this...they offered him a deal exactly in line with what they should have offered him at the time. That's why these "Pay Forte!" threads and quotes everywhere are so frustrating...because the team gave him a fair offer. Complaining about the Bears not having him signed to me is tantamount to saying "Overpay Forte!"

The Bears have shown that they'll offer him a fair deal, the question I have is whether he'll accept a fair deal.

Just note this...they offered him a deal exactly in line with what they should have offered him at the time. That's why these "Pay Forte!" threads and quotes everywhere are so frustrating...because the team gave him a fair offer. Complaining about the Bears not having him signed to me is tantamount to saying "Overpay Forte!"

The Bears have shown that they'll offer him a fair deal, the question I have is whether he'll accept a fair deal.

Agreed 110%.

Fair is simply subjective.

You get paid what you agree to get paid. We all do. You either accept terms or don't. On either side of the fence. Sometimes, overpayment is obvious. Sometimes it's not. I think, in Forte's case, any overpayment would simply be attributed to that he was grossly underpaid for the past few years. To me, it all evens out. He's integral to what the team is. He may have more or less value under certain coordinators or game plans...but he's an extremely solid contributor no matter how you slice up his "specialness".

There simply seems to be more vocal discontentment in recent years than in prior ones.

I hope. But I worry.

I like Mr. Forte. He seems like a class guy that puts out a ton of effort and seems to really care. I like guys like that. I hope his dealing with JA don't sour him to the club and wishes to go elsewhere where franchises are better run like New England. I could see Forte making NE a virtual unbeatable powerhouse under Bilichick. They'd have the versatile RB they've lacked for a while.

Thankfully we have him now. And I think he will chew up yards against the Fudgies on Sunday. F the Packers.

Fair is simply subjective.

You get paid what you agree to get paid. We all do. You either accept terms or don't. On either side of the fence. Sometimes, overpayment is obvious. Sometimes it's not. I think, in Forte's case, any overpayment would simply be attributed to that he was grossly underpaid for the past few years. To me, it all evens out. He's integral to what the team is. He may have more or less value under certain coordinators or game plans...but he's an extremely solid contributor no matter how you slice up his "specialness".

There simply seems to be more vocal discontentment in recent years than in prior ones.

I hope. But I worry.

I like Mr. Forte. He seems like a class guy that puts out a ton of effort and seems to really care. I like guys like that. I hope his dealing with JA don't sour him to the club and wishes to go elsewhere where franchises are better run like New England. I could see Forte making NE a virtual unbeatable powerhouse under Bilichick. They'd have the versatile RB they've lacked for a while.

Thankfully we have him now. And I think he will chew up yards against the Fudgies on Sunday. F the Packers.

Worse case scenario IMHO they will tag him and then work out a deal. He is not going anywhere.

For those who have faith in JA when it comes to running backs:

1 A-Train is not a special back.

2 Drafted Cedric Benson

3 Traded Thomas Jones in favor of Benson.

4 Leaving a player who has accounted for at least 35% of your offense over the past 3 years dangling in the wind as far as his contract extension is concerned.

His evaluation of RBs has paralleled his o-line evaluations. We all know his current thoughts on that subject.