Alshon Jeffries WR South Carolina

lemonej

Guest TerraTor

Not sure about that. I am one to look at guys from Abilene Christian, Arkansas Pine Bluff, etc. etc... Or guys who never suited up at WR.

*sarcasm.... But yes, that dude is awesome

I was just going to make a topic on him, or a topic about the top WR's coming into this years draft. I really like this kid. He could be our Optimus Prime to Detroit's Mega-Tron.

I'd take either him or Blackmon if we had the choice. My guess is Blackmon will probably be a top 5 pick after the combine and Jeffery will either slip a bit or climb depending on his workouts and 40 time. The Bears will probably screw up and go 7-9 or 8-8 or something to where we will be without of reach of either of them..

Blackmon seems like he could be a cross between a Greg Jennings or Hakeem Nicks, while Jeffery seems to be a mold of a Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Sidney Rice type (Or god forbid, the Mike Williams from USC). You can't go wrong with either of them but seeing as how we are lacking that big physical threat, Jeffery could be more valued here as someone Jay could throw to in the redzone.

Not sure about that. I am one to look at guys from Abilene Christian, Arkansas Pine Bluff, etc. etc... Or guys who never suited up at WR.

*sarcasm.... But yes, that dude is awesome

TT you almost made me choke as I had a mouth full of dry roasted nuts while reading your post. But you make a valid point when JA was in Tampa they would go after players from Texas A& M Kingsville. Remember Robbie Abdullah? And guess where Roberto Garza is from?

BTW The kid at Illinois named AJ Jenkins is looking like a decent prospect at WR alkso he is listed at 6/0 tall.

He's a stud and someone I see being a sleeper come next year. Probably working his way into being a 2nd round 3rd round pick if he keeps performing well. His hands are like glue and he has the speed to break away from his defender on deep routes. His route running has improved drastically from his first year at Illinois, and he is now showing that he can be somewhat of a possession receiver as well. He runs alot of crossing routes so I can see him fitting in a West Coast style offense.

He's a stud and someone I see being a sleeper come next year. Probably working his way into being a 2nd round 3rd round pick if he keeps performing well. His hands are like glue and he has the speed to break away from his defender on deep routes. His route running has improved drastically from his first year at Illinois, and he is now showing that he can be somewhat of a possession receiver as well. He runs alot of crossing routes so I can see him fitting in a West Coast style offense.

Because as a Bear fan we are never satisfied with our roster take a look at the top WR prospectsnfldraftscout.com

Obviously click on the position button and move it to WR.

I just hope everyone can agree that our WR's aren't very good. We have some solid complimentary guys but there is a big difference between a complimentary guy and a legitimate #1 wideout and right now our offense needs that.

I dont think it matters with all the great prospects, because do you trust our leadership to do the right thing and draft WRs and OL to help Culter become a elite type QB. I am so disgusted with the crap we have put together. You have a potential elite QB and we draft one OL with any talent and hes hurt. If Cutler continues to get beat up, he will be forever wasted going forward. Omilyale should not be considered for playing tackle but should simply be cut. Levi Horn would as least have a reason to be bad, he hasnt played and was a FA draftee.

It's Alshon Jeffery, and IMO, he's not even the 2nd best WR in the upcoming draft, behind Blackmon and Floyd.

ya'll are dreaming.. everyone knows we'll take a DT or some backup LB in the first round..

With Roach at OLB and Briggs going elsewhere in the offseason, would taking a LB be bad? With Adams, Melton, Toeania, and Paea, is taking a DT that bad? And no, nobody is dreaming. Angelo said recently that his WR's have "reached their plateau," so taking a WR round 1 isn't "dreaming," even though Angelo has said in the past that he doesn't believe in #1 WR's. Still, there is no denying the talent of Jeffery, Blackmon, or Floyd, and with his recent comments, he's going to take a long, hard look at those 3 guys. If he goes OT, OG, DT, LB, etc in round 1, there are other good round 2 and 3 WR's: Mohamed Sanu, Jeff Fuller, Juron Criner, T.Y. Hilton, Nick Toon, Dwight Jones, and Ryan Broyles.

Taking a guy like Manti Te'o or Luke Kuechly at LB or Brandon Thompson or Jared Crick at DT wouldn't be a bad thing, if those 3 WR's are off the board. Even then, let's not act like the Bears have good DT's or good depth at LB.

You gotta go WR in the 1st round. I've seen enough futility in the passing game to know that we are lacking a true #1 WR. There are basically 3 guys that I consider in that elite category (Blackmon, Jeffery, Floyd), and then the rest. Though, the rest of that WR group is still pretty good. Hell, we could possibly draft two WR's early next year and could totally change the outlook of this offense. I don't anticipate that happening but how fun would that be if we hit on both receivers and instantly upgraded our #1 and #2 with some exciting talent?

It's Alshon Jeffery, and IMO, he's not even the 2nd best WR in the upcoming draft, behind Blackmon and Floyd.

With Roach at OLB and Briggs going elsewhere in the offseason, would taking a LB be bad? With Adams, Melton, Toeania, and Paea, is taking a DT that bad? And no, nobody is dreaming. Angelo said recently that his WR's have "reached their plateau," so taking a WR round 1 isn't "dreaming," even though Angelo has said in the past that he doesn't believe in #1 WR's. Still, there is no denying the talent of Jeffery, Blackmon, or Floyd, and with his recent comments, he's going to take a long, hard look at those 3 guys. If he goes OT, OG, DT, LB, etc in round 1, there are other good round 2 and 3 WR's: Mohamed Sanu, Jeff Fuller, Juron Criner, T.Y. Hilton, Nick Toon, Dwight Jones, and Ryan Broyles.

Taking a guy like Manti Te'o or Luke Kuechly at LB or Brandon Thompson or Jared Crick at DT wouldn't be a bad thing, if those 3 WR's are off the board. Even then, let's not act like the Bears have good DT's or good depth at LB.

Good post, but let's not overlook the fact that Roach is as good a LB as probably any of the OLinemen are at their position, and 1 Urlacher = 14 Omiyale, or 1 Briggs = 9 Webb (more or less). Not to mention the fact that it's a lot easier to take an athletic guy and turn him into a good LB, than to take a big guy and make him into a good OL.

You gotta go WR in the 1st round. I've seen enough futility in the passing game to know that we are lacking a true #1 WR. There are basically 3 guys that I consider in that elite category (Blackmon, Jeffery, Floyd), and then the rest. Though, the rest of that WR group is still pretty good. Hell, we could possibly draft two WR's early next year and could totally change the outlook of this offense. I don't anticipate that happening but how fun would that be if we hit on both receivers and instantly upgraded our #1 and #2 with some exciting talent?

Care to retract the initial statement after the worst OL performance I've ever seen?