Changes coming for the Bears

madlithuanian

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...-for-the-bears/

Changes coming for the Bears

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 13, 2011, 8:44 AM EDT

ReutersIt’s desperation time in Chicago.

The Bears were just embarrassed on national television. A loss this week at home to the Vikings would send the season from troubling to nearly hopeless. Expect changes to be made.

“We’re not pleased with some of the performances we’ve gotten,” coach Lovie Smith. “I, of course, never talk about changes we’re going to make, especially before we hit the practice field and we talk to the guys.”

CSNChicago.com’s John Mullin writes that the Bears will shake up their lineup this week. Right tackle Frank Omiyale is out for good. Lance Louis will replace him in the starting lineup.

Other possible moves could come at safety (surprise) and on the defensive line. Second round pick Stephen Paea hasn’t been active at all this year. Rookie Chris Conte could potentially get on the field more at safety, where Brandon Meriweather and Chris Harris both struggled Sunday night.

Jay Cutler is also hoping for a play-calling shift. He’d like more plays that got the ball out of his hand faster. That sounds so sensible, we doubt it will happen.

Hated the Chris Conte pick to begin with. I guess we'll see exactly what he's made of on Sunday Night. I can't imagine him being able to bring down Adrian Peterson if he reaches that 2nd level. Of course, Merriwether and Major Wright are both terrible tacklers in their own right so.. We might as well see what we got now because we aren't going anywhere this season. I'd bench Idonije too because he's giving us next to nothing.. Put Addison or Henry Melton in his place and just have Idonije back to doing what he did before, special teams.

Actually, I think Izzy needs to go back to DT... Could it hurt at this point? It's not like any of the other DT's are doing anything.

It will be a rough week on the D line w/o Peppers. Heck, it was already rough going with him.

Hated the Chris Conte pick to begin with. I guess we'll see exactly what he's made of on Sunday Night. I can't imagine him being able to bring down Adrian Peterson if he reaches that 2nd level. Of course, Merriwether and Major Wright are both terrible tacklers in their own right so.. We might as well see what we got now because we aren't going anywhere this season. I'd bench Idonije too because he's giving us next to nothing.. Put Addison or Henry Melton in his place and just have Idonije back to doing what he did before, special teams.

Actually, I think Izzy needs to go back to DT... Could it hurt at this point? It's not like any of the other DT's are doing anything.

It will be a rough week on the D line w/o Peppers. Heck, it was already rough going with him.

Peppers will play, according to Izzy.

I wouldn't say "Conte is a bust" if he sucks on MNF. This will be his first start in the NFL. It'd be too quick to judge, but I'm also skeptical of the pick.