Eddie Royal to the Bears?

Bears4Ever_34

The latest Bronco to demand a trade is wide receiver Eddie Royal, and Bleacher Report has printed that the Chicago Bears could have interest in the 25-year-old. Royal had his best season in his career when Jay Cutler was in Denver, and the two reuniting could only be a positive as the Bears have a need for a quality receiver.

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.actio...281474980596687

Not really ESPN breaking news stuff. More speculation but thought it was worth bringing up. His only year that he was productive was with Cutler when he caught 91 passes for 980 yards. I don't see how it couldn't hurt to offer up a 7th round draft pick for the guy. I'd rather us go aggressively after Brandon Marshall but Eddie Royal would be an okay move imo. Thoughts?

Seems too small. I'd much rather go for marshall

Not really ESPN breaking news stuff. More speculation but thought it was worth bringing up. His only year that he was productive was with Cutler when he caught 91 passes for 980 yards. I don't see how it couldn't hurt to offer up a 7th round draft pick for the guy. I'd rather us go aggressively after Brandon Marshall but Eddie Royal would be an okay move imo. Thoughts?

Since it seems that quite a few WRs have struggled to learn this Martz offense , I would pass and maybe address something during the offseason after I addressed the O-line and maybe turn some of the current starters into quality depth.I'm still not sold on this group as long as we continue to run this style of offense.

Guest TerraTor
Marshall is borderline suicidal. Pass.

Royal would come cheap, is younger, and is a FA after the year, therefore the Bears have nothing to lose. However, who would they cut to make room for him?

Chris Harris

well... Omiyale

Guest TerraTor
Since it seems that quite a few WRs have struggled to learn this Martz offense , I would pass and maybe address something during the offseason after I addressed the O-line and maybe turn some of the current starters into quality depth.I'm still not sold on this group as long as we continue to run this style of offense.

Martz offense wont be around next year anyway

Guest TerraTor
If it happened, I'd imagine they'd cut Sam Hurd because he does nothing as a WR and really isn't even that good on special teams. Or maybe Roy Williams because of his underwhelming play in this offense.

Agree there. Im sure it won't be Roy. Jerry and Martz say hes the best FA WR available

Marshall is borderline suicidal. Pass.

Royal would come cheap, is younger, and is a FA after the year, therefore the Bears have nothing to lose. However, who would they cut to make room for him?

Several weeks ago I mentioned the Bears should offer the Dolphins a 1st Rounder for Marshall. Several weeks later- I'd still do it if that's what it took. I'd however offer a 2nd due to it being even later in the season and I believe the Dolphins would absolutely do it.

I'm sure Martz's system may make it impossible to add a WR mid-season, however, if we were to get Marshall....it would be Martz's job to simplify things and figure out how to get Marshall the ball. With the Bears appearing to keep everyone in they can to help block- it becomes that much more important to get Jay a WR he can throw open when covered. Marshall would be that guy and the Bears should do everything they can to get him.

Turns out he was better than Sims-Walker, who everyone wanted here.

You don't know that. The St. Louis offense is in shambles. It's pretty difficult to assess a player's ability in that sort of situation.

Kind of like the Bears' passing offense.

I would hope that Cutler, still the future of the franchise on offense, would have some say in this. He knows a little about Royal and a bit more about Marshall and their tendencies. I would like to think that, especially what is on the horizon (Martz leaving???) that they would listen more to Jay about this.

And I think something in the 2nd or 3rd (maybe Harris too) for Marshall and/or something less for Royal could be done. Not sure that Royal would be the "same" as Hester or Knox. Only because Hester is not a "true" WR and Knox has got less time on the field. Again the key being Cutlers familiarity with him giving the edge.

I would hope that Cutler, still the future of the franchise on offense, would have some say in this. He knows a little about Royal and a bit more about Marshall and their tendencies. I would like to think that, especially what is on the horizon (Martz leaving???) that they would listen more to Jay about this.

And I think something in the 2nd or 3rd (maybe Harris too) for Marshall and/or something less for Royal could be done. Not sure that Royal would be the "same" as Hester or Knox. Only because Hester is not a "true" WR and Knox has got less time on the field. Again the key being Cutlers familiarity with him giving the edge.

I'm not a fan of them giving up anymore draft picks even if the GM has struggled making picks. If these teams really want to move these players wait them out.

I agree 1000%. No way I'm letting a 1st go for Marshall. I wouldn't even want 2 2nds. 2 3rds, no problem. Maybe a second...

The most I'd offer for Marshall is either a 2nd rounder or two 3rds. Miami used two seconds to get him from Denver so a 2nd or two 3rds sounds reasonable if they are looking for extra picks to rebuild.

The most I'd trade for Marshall is a 3rd. If that's not what Miami wants for him, then f*** it.

Marshall has a nasty off the field history, he's really not all there psychologically, and he has 4 endzone drops this year, which leads the NFL. Also, he annually leads the NFL in drops. If he can't catch passes that are thrown from Henne's and Moore's noodles arms, how will he catch Cutler's lasers?

He is still owed $20 million after this season. Unless Miami is giving him away, I'll pass.

Marshall has a nasty off the field history, he's really not all there psychologically, and he has 4 endzone drops this year, which leads the NFL. Also, he annually leads the NFL in drops. If he can't catch passes that are thrown from Henne's and Moore's noodles arms, how will he catch Cutler's lasers?

Well i don't know, but he did in Denver and he was pretty good at catching passes from Cutler. I believe he was actually diagnosed with Bi Polar disorder if I'm not mistaken, so there is always a risk but I'll take the risk if you get the 100 catches and 1100+ yards from him every season.

Personally, I would still like to get our WR through the draft because it's cheaper, but if the plan is not to go with a high round WR (Which would be beyond moronic) then there are alternatives, and Brandon Marshall would be one of them.