Bennett out for the game...

madlithuanian

For a player to miss this many games do to a "chest injury" I have to ask, what the he** was the injury? Normally when I hear of a chest injury I think of a bruise or a cracked rib. Neither would keep a guy out this long. So why are we not being given any details on just what this injury is?

For a player to miss this many games do to a "chest injury" I have to ask, what the he** was the injury? Normally when I hear of a chest injury I think of a bruise or a cracked rib. Neither would keep a guy out this long. So why are we not being given any details on just what this injury is?

I would guess maybe a spleen or kidney injury? Sometimes those are associated with back/rib/chest injuries.

they mentioned the actual injury on the score and that it was a serious injury. And I don't think there was a fine on the hit but there should have been, he intentionally lowered his helmet to drive into his chest. It was really dirty play and wasn't necessary Bennet wasn't going to make the catch if I recall correctly.

I thought it had something to do with his ribs? Probably broke one or two. Or it coulda been his sternum. Steve McNair missed almost the entire season with a bruised sternum. The Bears probably aired on the side of caution with whatever injury it was. I'm sure he'll be back at full strength right after the bye and like i said, it'll be good to get him back.

It was Roman Harper I believe who not only was not fined on the play but also not penalized. He was penalized afterwards during the game for a hiy on Cutler.

If I recall, they were saying it was the sternum on the score a couple of weeks ago. I believe it was Hub saying that, but I cannot find it any where on the net.