The Lions' Roar Starting to Mute?

lemonej

With Stafford being injured(Day to Day) and the growing faction of NFL players calling out Suh the bloom on this rose may be fading.This all may be attributed to their very emotional coach.Best injured as well as the whole league is starting to see what it is the Lions are doing. The other thing I like is that they don't have a bye this week and the Bears can prepare for both the Eagles and Lions their next two opponnents.

I think it's just a sprain...but could the clock be striking twelve already for them?

They are worse than their record, and Philly is better. We will have our hands full for both games. But, both can be had.

With Stafford being injured(Day to Day) and the growing faction of NFL players calling out Suh the bloom on this rose may be fading.This all may be attributed to their very emotional coach.Best injured as well as the whole league is starting to see what it is the Lions are doing. The other thing I like is that they don't have a bye this week and the Bears can prepare for both the Eagles and Lions their next two opponnents.

Guest TerraTor
The Lions next few games, in no order, are Green Bay, Chicago, New Orleans, and Denver. It's not going to be easy for them.

We just have to run down eagles throat and keep Vick off the field...

This kind of reminds me of how they started the 07-08 season when Roy Williams was yapping about how they should be scoring 40 ppg in the Martz offense and they had Kitna guaranteeing a playoff birth. I believe they started the season off at like 6-2 and then collapsed to a 7-9 season. Now I think this team is perhaps a little better than the one back then but this Detroit team is starting to show signs of major regression. They are 5-2 now. I never expected them to win the division in the first place and I think we have the chance to out play them the rest of the way if we can beat them a couple weeks from now. I think they end up at 9-7/8-8 and still have a chance at the last wild card spot available, along with the Bears. I haven't figured out how the Bears season is going to go, still waiting on these next 3 games because I think that will determine whether they will have a legit shot at making the playoffs.

They have got to go atleast 2-1 I think in these next 3 games to put themselves in fair position. 3-0 puts us in the drivers seat. 1-2 we are on the outside looking in, and 0-3 pretty much puts us out of it.

This kind of reminds me of how they started the 07-08 season when Roy Williams was yapping about how they should be scoring 40 ppg in the Martz offense and they had Kitna guaranteeing a playoff birth. I believe they started the season off at like 6-2 and then collapsed to a 7-9 season. Now I think this team is perhaps a little better than the one back then but this Detroit team is starting to show signs of major regression. They are 5-2 now. I never expected them to win the division in the first place and I think we have the chance to out play them the rest of the way if we can beat them a couple weeks from now. I think they end up at 9-7/8-8 and still have a chance at the last wild card spot available, along with the Bears. I haven't figured out how the Bears season is going to go, still waiting on these next 3 games because I think that will determine whether they will have a legit shot at making the playoffs.

They have got to go atleast 2-1 I think in these next 3 games to put themselves in fair position. 3-0 puts us in the drivers seat. 1-2 we are on the outside looking in, and 0-3 pretty much puts us out of it.

Agreed and with more familiarity with what they are doing and injuries causing depth problems especially at RB, the Lions are showing signs of vulnerabilty and a lot of that can be tied to their playing with a lot of emotion which causes big let downs when you lose.With a suspect secondary and fair O-line injuries could change this team's fortunes quickly. If this team becomes one dimensional because of the injuries at RB. That will allow teams to tee off on Stafford and as Thom Brennaman says"That is a recipe for disaster".

If you notice it always seems the Bears approach the season like a turtle racing a rabbit, slow and steady and at the end they have a chance to win(or rip our hearts out).