A valid source

Guest TerraTor

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-tota...orte-s-big-play

I swear to God if JA does not get this shit done He will have to move out of the country...

There is absolutely no need to get this done now as Forte is under contract. If they cannot sign him to a contract in the off season, he will be tagged. He is not going anywhere and I simply don't understand why everyone is so upset about this.

Peace :dabears

I really am getting tired of people getting on the Bears for not signing Forte.

It's not as if they made him an offer....they did. They offered him more than what Charles got and Forte said no.

If Forte keeps performing the way he is, he may get D'Angelo Williams dollars........but it very well may be somewhere else and I'm ok with that if that's the case.

For the time being- just enjoy he's having a career season with a C on his helmet.

I think it stems from history. We Bears fans love our D and running backs. We conjure up images of Butkus, Singletary, Payton, Sayers... Now, here we have a nice young man that is lighting the league up, putting up numbers that would make Walter proud, and being a class act off the field. It's easy to understand, for me, why people want to lock him up. It is emotional, not a business thing.

There are some x factors at play here. I can't recall a season where so many players are upset with their deals and situations. Does that start impacting play down the road? I'd hope not, but only time will tell.

I get why JA is waiting. I also get why people are upset it's not getting done. I'm siding with Forte. I simply love Forte far more than I love JA.

There is absolutely no need to get this done now as Forte is under contract. If they cannot sign him to a contract in the off season, he will be tagged. He is not going anywhere and I simply don't understand why everyone is so upset about this.

Do we really know what was offered. counteroffered, and turned down?

All we know is both sides could not come to terms. And regardless of the actual dealings, the Bears management is completely losing the PR battle on this. This isn't necessarily a good thing trying to bring new players in, etc.. Impressions are significant. We may have to overspend in the future by not spending now. Both in Forte's contract, and in trying to bring in future FA's. It's good to be smart with your money. But both the present and future need to be considered.

I really am getting tired of people getting on the Bears for not signing Forte.

It's not as if they made him an offer....they did. They offered him more than what Charles got and Forte said no.

If Forte keeps performing the way he is, he may get D'Angelo Williams dollars........but it very well may be somewhere else and I'm ok with that if that's the case.

For the time being- just enjoy he's having a career season with a C on his helmet.

I heard the guys on Trib Live say similar... I think it was Haugh that said, it's clearly angering Forte, who seems to be playing his heart out. Maybe that's pushing him...

Right now this is a win/win for both sides. The bears are getting a massive discount at 600K for Forte now. However, if Forte keeps on the pace he is on, he will command even more money.

Guest TerraTor

Maybe they also fear the pay and quit scenario that has plagued them in the recent past.....

Harris - terrible after extension

Vasher - hurt but was bad either way

Briggs - always plays well but acts like a middle child

but personally, Cutler got a good deal of cash his 1st year as a bear and was crap up to that point... I know hes the QB but still... And not to beat a dead horse but that moron spent 12Guaranteed to Chester Taylor and Manuseless. If that is (jokingly) the market price, Matty would get 112Guaranteed...

You only have to look as far as Chris Johnson who fresh off his holdout/extension (53 million-30 guaranteed) he is averaging 2.9 yards per carry and a whopping 268 rushing yards through six games, to see why teams don't throw money at running backs. On the other side I believe that it would be weak for the organization to throw a franchise tag on him next year.

It's all a gamble to an extent. Who knows, if they paid Johnson, and he went to camp, would he be truggling as much? We won't know. RB's shelf life these days do seem to be shorter than in season's past. It should be a concern. But paying anyone in pro sports is pretty much a gamble... Some bets are simply a little better than others.

You only have to look as far as Chris Johnson who fresh off his holdout/extension (53 million-30 guaranteed) he is averaging 2.9 yards per carry and a whopping 268 rushing yards through six games, to see why teams don't throw money at running backs. On the other side I believe that it would be weak for the organization to throw a franchise tag on him next year.

Maybe they also fear the pay and quit scenario that has plagued them in the recent past.....

Harris - terrible after extension

Vasher - hurt but was bad either way

Briggs - always plays well but acts like a middle child

but personally, Cutler got a good deal of cash his 1st year as a bear and was crap up to that point... I know hes the QB but still... And not to beat a dead horse but that moron spent 12Guaranteed to Chester Taylor and Manuseless. If that is (jokingly) the market price, Matty would get 112Guaranteed...

Harris' wasn't terrible after the extension. He suffered a hamstring injury that, if a guy suffers it, is likely done for their career. John Jurkovic, former Brown, Packer, and Jaguar, had the same thing. At the time of Harris' injury, he called it on air and said he'd never be the same.

Do we really know what was offered. counteroffered, and turned down?

All we know is both sides could not come to terms. And regardless of the actual dealings, the Bears management is completely losing the PR battle on this. This isn't necessarily a good thing trying to bring new players in, etc.. Impressions are significant. We may have to overspend in the future by not spending now. Both in Forte's contract, and in trying to bring in future FA's. It's good to be smart with your money. But both the present and future need to be considered.

I believe that is the point - we don't know what happened. All we do know is that Angelo has a very good record of paying his own players. The only one we could come up with that he didn't pay was Berrian.

They aren't losing the PR battle in my own opinion. It's a business and I believe it will eventually work out.

IMO if Forte was a defensive player he would have gotten his deal by now. JA has a very low value of RBs going back to A Train, trading Jones and dumping Benson. Cutler is the only offensive player that I can recall that JA locked up quickly. The only other playmaker signed to a deal was Hester but, Vasher,Harris,Alex Brown,Mike Brown, and Urlacher all got deals beforeseasons end or whatever the salary cap deadline is which doesn't apply this year.

This. Time is on the Bears side. Forte can't go anywhere for atleast another two years with the franchise tag. I don't expect them to use it twice on him but I wouldn't be surprised if they can't come to some sort of agreement this offseason, a Franchise tag will be used and then another team would have to give us two firsts if they wanted to trade.

IMO if Forte was a defensive player he would have gotten his deal by now. JA has a very low value of RBs going back to A Train, trading Jones and dumping Benson. Cutler is the only offensive player that I can recall that JA locked up quickly. The only other playmaker signed to a deal was Hester but, Vasher,Harris,Alex Brown,Mike Brown, and Urlacher all got deals beforeseasons end or whatever the salary cap deadline is which doesn't apply this year.

The Harris comparison is interesting...because he signed his deal in the offseason before Free Agency...$18 million guaranteed on a $40 million deal.

The offer to Forte was reportedly in the $15 million guaranteed range. Is it fair to say that generally D-Linemen get paid higher going rates than a RB?

The Harris comparison is interesting...because he signed his deal in the offseason before Free Agency...$18 million guaranteed on a $40 million deal.

The offer to Forte was reportedly in the $15 million guaranteed range. Is it fair to say that generally D-Linemen get paid higher going rates than a RB?

What you are saying that of the group of players I mentioned that Harris is incorrect. I thank you for the correct info.

Is it fair to say that this team's evaluation of DL maybe higher than that of RB? Right now Forte is just as important to this current set of Bears as Payton was or even Neal Anderson in his prime.

IMO the only D-lineman that is more valuable to the Bears than Forte is Peppers an All Pro.We are talking about the players who this team has rewarded under this GM and the number has been overwhelmingly for defensive players and even when they have persued players via FA again the number is slanted towards defensive players. Based on what is happeneing right now Forte deserves this team to at least keep talking to his representation because on the field it is obvious he is not distracted.