Leigh Bodden

Alaskan Grizzly

http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/pa...&position=2

Partly posted as we are heading into a bye week, seems as though the news is stagnant and curious to see what others think. Could/would he be a worthwhile look?

There is the possibility that his injury history and/or price could be a hurdle...but one has to ask.

With Pats castoffs, fool me once...

http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/pa...&position=2

Partly posted as we are heading into a bye week, seems as though the news is stagnant and curious to see what others think. Could/would he be a worthwhile look?

There is the possibility that his injury history and/or price could be a hurdle...but one has to ask.

With Pats castoffs, fool me once...

They who recently signed Marcus Harrison...yes THAT Marcus Harrison. The same one that was not only released by Chicago earlier this year but also failed his physical after being picked up by Carolina off of waivers. :rolleyes:

And I for one one am not convinced that Meriweather was a waste. I still see potential there.

Really? You're that interested in Bodden? At least Meriweather was an all pro... Bodden is a warm body is all. The young guy we picked up from STL has more upside thgan Bodden.

They who recently signed Marcus Harrison...yes THAT Marcus Harrison. The same one that was not only released by Chicago earlier this year but also failed his physical after being picked up by Carolina off of waivers. :rolleyes:

And I for one one am not convinced that Meriweather was a waste. I still see potential there.

Really? You're that interested in Bodden? At least Meriweather was an all pro... Bodden is a warm body is all. The young guy we picked up from STL has more upside thgan Bodden.

Not enough to pay him what he is getting right now. More intrigued. But given the age of the D it would be nice to add depth. Again, I think the problem with him is the aforementioned price and injury bug.

And I agree the other kid has more upside, but he's an LB. (Speaking of young LB's) And for what its worth, I still wish the Bears would have given Taylor Mays a look.

Mays I agree with. My buddy is a NE fan, and he despises Bodden. He has issue w/ Meriweather like we all do, but feels at least he's got raw talent.

What about moving Meriweather to LB?

Not enough to pay him what he is getting right now. More intrigued. But given the age of the D it would be nice to add depth. Again, I think the problem with him is the aforementioned price and injury bug.

And I agree the other kid has more upside, but he's an LB. (Speaking of young LB's) And for what its worth, I still wish the Bears would have given Taylor Mays a look.

Bodden has too many injuries and just has not played well. I would stay away.

Considering your "name" I'll have to assume, like the friend of Mad Lith's, that you probably have some reliable first hand knowledge. My pal who is from that area is out of town so I can't ask him. Anyhow, I'll say my interest has subsided and since the replies here were minimal...I'll assume so has everyone else's.

Now this idea of making Meriweather an LB....hmmm :headbang

This idea I like.

Why put Meriweather at LB? Roach is the weak link but a lot of guys would be next to Briggs and Urlacher. Meriweather is a dumb player who will be elsewhere next year.

Signing Bodden is a horrible idea. I watched NE's secondary get torched today. If he's not good enough to stay with that defense, he isn't good enough for this one. Plus, Jennings has been a pleasant surprise thus year.

Signing Bodden is a horrible idea. I watched NE's secondary get torched today. If he's not good enough to stay with that defense, he isn't good enough for this one.

Agreed. I'll add that Conte has also been a pleasant surprise his first couple games. Big test coming up for him with the Eagles. I just hope the Bears get after Vick again like last year.