DT: Toeaina, Matt

ParkerBear7

Toe's knee had healed and Adams hasn't done anything, at least nothing that I know of. Plus there's a rookie named Paea that is starting to make plays. Do you go with old guy on the downside of his career or get your rookie on the upside of his career going? I'm glad Paea was out there and I liked his diving attempt to get Vick, forced a bad pass.

Melton is playing well at times but it will take him another offseason to get fully adjusted to playing at this weight, as well as learning how to play DT. Still, I like the upside with him.

This game it was clear the Dline has strict orders to keep Vick in the pocket. I constantly saw our guys the edge on a blocker but then pull back and keep pushing the pocket. Next week Stafford won't get the same treatment.

Guest TerraTor
I'm one of those who thinks Toeaina and Adams suck. DT is a huge need for the Bears.

I only recall seeing Paea making any sort of impact last night. Adams is long gone and Toe just stinks. Think Okoye stays but DT must be addressed

Toeaina looked very sluggish tonight and not much impact - why did he start over the DT's available?

Adams was a late scratch(inactive) because his continued not much publicized bout with gout. Since the Bears are real sketchy with details of players injuries, some of the injuries he has been said to have had may really be related to his battle with gout.

I only recall seeing Paea making any sort of impact last night. Adams is long gone and Toe just stinks. Think Okoye stays but DT must be addressed

Paea may suck now but his future is the brighest of anyone else on the Bears interior DL, IMO, even brighter than Melton's.

Toeaina and Adams suck, Okoye is decent and hopefully is re-upped, and Melton could be a good player one day. He's pretty inconsistent now though.

Adams was a late scratch(inactive) because his continued not much publicized bout with gout. Since the Bears are real sketchy with details of players injuries, some of the injuries he has been said to have had may really be related to his battle with gout.

I've never heard this..

Paea may suck now but his future is the brighest of anyone else on the Bears interior DL, IMO, even brighter than Melton's.

Toeaina and Adams suck, Okoye is decent and hopefully is re-upped, and Melton could be a good player one day. He's pretty inconsistent now though.

I've never heard this..

There was an ABC 7 reporter on the sidelines before the game(Rafer Wiegel)who reported that info. Today on ESPN radio I heard that the inactive scratch was related to poor play and may have been used in a motivational way.Though Adams has had some bouts with gout flare ups I believe the latter is a more realistic scenario with Lovie being a little more demanding publicly than in seasons past with Briggs being quoted as saying that he demands the best from all of us.

I liked Paea's speed the other night against Vick. He seemed to have some very good closing speed to get to the quarterback. I don't know why he isn't starting over Adams or Toeina, but I think after another solid game, Lovie might start to lean towards him as a starter. We know he has the strength to bully any offensive lineman, but he's got to get better with his technique.