Postgame Eagles/Bears Thoughts

Ed Hochuli 3:16

1. Great game for Cutler. He improvised when he was rushed and made big play after big play. If Williams and Hester catch those passes, Cutler likely ends the game with 300 yards.

2. Bennett truly is a missing link. When he's out there, the offense is good.

3. Forte will be fine. Last night was the exception, not the rule. I expect him to have a huge game against Detroit.

4. The OL keeps playing better. They had their bad moments, but giving up no sacks in Philadelphia primetime is impressive. I'd sit Carimi until Louis really struggles or gets hurt.

5. Melton didn't have any sacks, but I counted 3 or 4 TFL for him. He really answered the bell.

6. Small criticism: I'd like to see the Bears DL get their hands up when they're close to the QB. They had 2 or 3 against Vick but they could've had 3 or 4 more.

7. Corey Graham is a GREAT special teams player.

8. Sunday's game is huge. To be 6-3 with 4 straight against the AFC West when all of those teams need wins is tough.

1. Great game for Cutler. He improvised when he was rushed and made big play after big play. If Williams and Hester catch those passes, Cutler likely ends the game with 300 yards.

I thoughtCutler had good, but not great game. He did make some great throws, but made some poor ones as well.

2. Bennett truly is a missing link. When he's out there, the offense is good.

Couldn't agree more. At one point, he had at least 3 3rd down conversions. Steady with great hands. Love Earl.

3. Forte will be fine. Last night was the exception, not the rule. I expect him to have a huge game against Detroit.

Forte had those fumbles, but was really good. Fingers crossed fir the kittens.

4. The OL keeps playing better. They had their bad moments, but giving up no sacks in Philadelphia primetime is impressive. I'd sit Carimi until Louis really struggles or gets hurt.

Hell has truly frozen over for me! I am beginning to fall in love with this unit. (run wise) Louis is a beast. I dont care where he starts, but he has to be out there. He helps give our OL identity. Move him back to RG when Carimi is ready. Carimi is nasty too. Those two should fuel a nasty right side for years to come. They should take turns slapping Webb in the huddle to keep him aggressive.

5. Melton didn't have any sacks, but I counted 3 or 4 TFL for him. He really answered the bell.
Agreed

6. Small criticism: I'd like to see the Bears DL get their hands up when they're close to the QB. They had 2 or 3 against Vick but they could've had 3 or 4 more.
Disagree. Can't do that with Vick at QB. When you throw your hands up, you give up the ability to shed the block if Vick pump fakes, then he's gone. They got great pressure on Vick without losing containment. Great job by our DL last night.

7. Corey Graham is a GREAT special teams player.
Agreed.

8. Sunday's game is huge. To be 6-3 with 4 straight against the AFC West when all of those teams need wins is tough.
Agreed.

Side note: Starting to like this teams chances against anyone. Hate the two deep defense. Double hate Martz. He drives me f'n crazy with the some th calls he makes. Refs sucked last night. Could've cost us. Peppers is a beast and Url is still great.