News from behind the scenes...

Alaskan Grizzly

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...medium=referral

Looks like the team will be without Moore this weekend after spraining his ankle in practice. Graham may fill the Nickle role which, IMHO, he did pretty good in last week.

Speaking of Moore. Read he was fined for the dust up with Stafford. Hope there is more to come, all things being equal.

And looks like OT Jordan Black could be signed next week. Not bad.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...medium=referral

Looks like the team will be without Moore this weekend after spraining his ankle in practice. Graham may fill the Nickle role which, IMHO, he did pretty good in last week.

Speaking of Moore. Read he was fined for the dust up with Stafford. Hope there is more to come, all things being equal.

And looks like OT Jordan Black could be signed next week. Not bad.

Evidently he was carted off the field on Wed.That doesn't sound good. Tom Waddle thinks that Moore in the Nickel Back role is as important to the defense as Earl Bennett is on offense on 3rd down.

As for the fines Stafford allegedly got 7500 for being the instigator. A couple of other Lions were fined for coming off the bench and jumping in the pile. So far Moore is the only Bear fined for the altercation.

Suddenly I'm not really feeling that confident in Sundays game. Not sure how the line will hold up missing one of their guys, and I'm not sure how Corey Graham is going to do in place of DJ Moore. This could be your typical trap game that the Bears always seem to fall in to atleast once or twice a season.

Why all the pessimism? Didn't Graham have a pick in the endzone last week? With the Chargers O-line problems this game could resemble last weeks game if Rivers continues to take the risks he has taken so far this season and Sunday afternoon is supposed to as windy as last Sunday.

I get the trap game theory. We've won 4 in a row. They've lost 4 in a row. Law of averages says both streaks should end. And as bad as the Chargers have been playing, they still can light it up as they did against Green Bay. it took Aaron Rodgers heroics to win it.

I have a feeling it'll end up being a duel between the 2. Jay needs to step up and win this one for us I think. Just a gut feeling...

Why all the pessimism? Didn't Graham have a pick in the endzone last week? With the Chargers O-line problems this game could resemble last weeks game if Rivers continues to take the risks he has taken so far this season and Sunday afternoon is supposed to as windy as last Sunday.

I get the trap game theory. We've won 4 in a row. They've lost 4 in a row. Law of averages says both streaks should end. And as bad as the Chargers have been playing, they still can light it up as they did against Green Bay. it took Aaron Rodgers heroics to win it.

I have a feeling it'll end up being a duel between the 2. Jay needs to step up and win this one for us I think. Just a gut feeling...

The current weather forecast calls for windy conditions and I believe Malcolm Floyd is out along with two of their starting OL out for this game with the guard being on IR.Evidently the OT that replaces McNeil is pretty bad so I believe Peppers is going to probably lineup on him all game and may test the backup OG also. The key will be stopping Matthews on runs and getting ahead so that it can make the Chargers one dimensional.The Chargers D has quite a few of their best defensive players on the injury report also.

I'm a little bit worried about our offense against the Chargers defense. They will get after the quarterback and I'm not so sure how Edwin Williams is going to play against pressure from a 3-4 team. Also, there offense moves the ball alot. Our defense will allow a team to rack up yards if you are accurate with the football. I don't want this to be Philip Rivers breakout game.

I'm a little bit worried about our offense against the Chargers defense. They will get after the quarterback and I'm not so sure how Edwin Williams is going to play against pressure from a 3-4 team. Also, there offense moves the ball alot. Our defense will allow a team to rack up yards if you are accurate with the football. I don't want this to be Philip Rivers breakout game.

That part I understand. Have you looked at the Chargers injury report for who is out this game on offense and defense? Rivers is leading the league in INTs so he is not that accurate with the football this year. And again they are predicting windy conditions here for the game which would be the same exact conditions as last week. I feel the Chargers will try to come out and establish the run in a punch you in the mouth manner with the injuries they have on the o-line.

Don't get me wrong! On paper right now, we should have this. But, I just fear the trap. If we can get to Rivers, stop Mathews, and run well enough we will do well.

Smith has earned kudos for having our guys ready to play these past few weeks. here's hoping the trend continues indefinitley this season!

The current weather forecast calls for windy conditions and I believe Malcolm Floyd is out along with two of their starting OL out for this game with the guard being on IR.Evidently the OT that replaces McNeil is pretty bad so I believe Peppers is going to probably lineup on him all game and may test the backup OG also. The key will be stopping Matthews on runs and getting ahead so that it can make the Chargers one dimensional.The Chargers D has quite a few of their best defensive players on the injury report also.

Don't get me wrong! On paper right now, we should have this. But, I just fear the trap. If we can get to Rivers, stop Mathews, and run well enough we will do well.

Smith has earned kudos for having our guys ready to play these past few weeks. here's hoping the trend continues indefinitley this season!

The quotes from our defensive leaders Urlacher and Briggs this week as well as Tillman who basically told reporters that he wants to stay under the radar and "Don't Jinx Us". Makes me believe that they are not looking past this game. If they had the packers on the horizon I could see that as a distraction but going to Oakland the following game is not something that will take the Bears off theirrally cry one game at a time.They really do believe the philosophy that Lovie preaches about playing your best ball in Nov and Dec.

Guest TerraTor
The Chargers will get after Cutler? I doubt it. Their DL is pretty bad.

I'm with ya.

I hate to have Chris Williams on IR, as he was playing well. However, it is still Chris Williams, anything better than below average is a huge upgrade over his past performances. And yes, their D=line and overall D is pretty awful