Bears sign Josh McCown

GakMan23

I am just concerned with anyone that is one of "Martz's guys" after that whole Todd Collins mess. Remember Todd was chosen over Josh last year....

Collins being signed may have come with the endorsement of the GM and coach since he had a solid game versus the Bears while with the Skins whose OC Al Saunders was considered a guy who uses a system similar to Martz. Allegedly they all are Don Coryell disciples who while coaching the St.Louis Cardinals and San Diego Chargers had prolific passing yardage numbers.

This is a real odd situation. Usually if you have to rely on your backup QB for more than an odd appearance, it's over anyway. But with the wins we've built up, teams we play with losing records, and talent on D and special teams, the backup QB really can make a big difference if he can play capably (I'm referring to playoffs obviously). My philosophy is to go with the guys you've got...unless you feel really bad about them, and in that case it begs the question why you didn't do something about it before an emergency came up.