After sleeping on it...

madlithuanian

After sleeping on the loss, here's what comes to mind...

1. The obvious. Our offense is offensive w/o Cutty and Forte. Hanie is simply not a pro QB. He didn't lose the game for us yesterday. But he did the last 2 weeks. Barber ran well, except at the end when he forgot he had a brain. He failed football 101 twice. Stay in bounds, hold onto the ball. He cost us the game.

2. The D did their job. Yes I hate that prevent crap...but it did what the intention was..waste time. Had Barber not failed, we'd be more than OK with the meager 7 points given up. However with that said, I still would rather then give up points being aggressive...it was working all game. But Tebow did have a ton of drops too...

3. I am beyond over with Johnny Knox. Dud drops way too many, give up on routes too often... For the occasional splash and great play, he is maddening on everything else. Time to trade him for something.

4. Can we please never see Hester on offense again? Another crucial drop...

5. Karma is a bitch. We got all the bounces last year. The opposite is happening this year. Hopefully it gets back to just plain old level next season.

Now, I need to nurse this hangover...

I agree. There are some things that these last few weeks showed me. You're right Hanie is not even a decent backup. To be in this offense as long as Cutler and be this bad is inexcusable. We have okay tight ends and only one reliable reciever (bennett). This offseason needs to be good because it is simply a waste to have a defense like ours with no help on offense.

In addition:

1. Tim Jennings can go. WTF was he doing at the end of the game?

2. Louis should not be a tackle. Move him inside next year.

3. I like Bell but we need someone like Pinky for our third string RB.

4. Steltz has earned his pay the past few weeks. He's a keeper.

Peace :dabears

1. Agreed. The positives don't outweigh the negative on Jennings.

2. Completely agreed. Thankfully Carimi should just plug & play next season. Louis inside can work. We need depth.

3. Agreed

4. Also agreed. He seems to not be very good in practice, but plays well on game day. I like him for depth at that spot and as a potential starter.

In addition:

1. Tim Jennings can go. WTF was he doing at the end of the game?

2. Louis should not be a tackle. Move him inside next year.

3. I like Bell but we need someone like Pinky for our third string RB.

4. Steltz has earned his pay the past few weeks. He's a keeper.

Peace :dabears

Agree on Knox and Hester, Mad.

Connor- Agree on Louis, but I don't mind Jennings. He was simply playing the prevent D. Lost in all of this was the poor DL play. Where was Peppers the last 3 Broncos drives? You can't expect CB's to cover WR's for 10 seconds EVERY play.

I read they ran out of gas. With the mad substituting that I saw for the DL after every play at the end, I believe it.

I agree with everything Mad and Connor say above. It's been so frustrating these last three weeks. I thought Hanie showed enough in the first game he played that with a little growth we'd be fine until Cutler got back. Unfortunately he regressed a lot. I think I was so pissed yesterday I would've cut Barber. After calming down I realize he did some good things yesterday too and we need him at least for the rest of the year. As a change of pace to Forte he has value next year too.

Fact is this team was rounding into a pretty good squad and I was looking forward to running into the Pack in the playoffs. Not saying we'd beat them but I'd relish the opportunity. Doesn't look like that dream is going to come true.

I really hear ya on being able to beat the Packers... Cutler was truly turning the corner on being an elite QB, and his loss is beyond huge for the team.

I agree with everything Mad and Connor say above. It's been so frustrating these last three weeks. I thought Hanie showed enough in the first game he played that with a little growth we'd be fine until Cutler got back. Unfortunately he regressed a lot. I think I was so pissed yesterday I would've cut Barber. After calming down I realize he did some good things yesterday too and we need him at least for the rest of the year. As a change of pace to Forte he has value next year too.

Fact is this team was rounding into a pretty good squad and I was looking forward to running into the Pack in the playoffs. Not saying we'd beat them but I'd relish the opportunity. Doesn't look like that dream is going to come true.

My biiggest problem with Hanie is he has missed too many wide open plays when he has had them and there has been no targeting of the WR that just signed an extension nor have the TE been a part of the passing game instead he has looked heavily toward Knox and Hester in the passing game and an occassional throw to "Stone Hands" Williams. If you want to keep some of those blitzing LBs at bay then some of your hot reads need to go to the TEs just to keep them honest. He leaves a lot of potential big plays on the field.