Todd Haley

Alaskan Grizzly

Given his relative success in Arizona and his recent availability would/ should that be an interest of the Bears? I am hoping Martz will go at this point and I'm not sure what the plan is with Tice. But if the team wants Tice to stay as OC and Martz to go then never mind. I will say I'm not a fan of Haley's, just thinking out loud.

I think it's Tice.

Not sure how I feel about Haley... But, depending, it may not be bad.

Given his relative success in Arizona and his recent availability would/ should that be an interest of the Bears? I am hoping Martz will go at this point and I'm not sure what the plan is with Tice. But if the team wants Tice to stay as OC and Martz to go then never mind. I will say I'm not a fan of Haley's, just thinking out loud.

Haley is a nutjob, I want nothing to do with him. I hope its not Tice either. I want somebody that would run a West coast style that fits us better. Would Jeremy Bates be willing to accept an offer now that Lovie signed an extension? Norv Turner is also an interesting possible candidate because he, like Martz, is a disciple of the old Air Coryell offense.

Haley is a nutjob, I want nothing to do with him. I hope its not Tice either. I want somebody that would run a West coast style that fits us better. Would Jeremy Bates be willing to accept an offer now that Lovie signed an extension? Norv Turner is also an interesting possible candidate because he, like Martz, is a disciple of the old Air Coryell offense.

What about going a different direction and look and see if someone on the Texans could be had as they seem to have an explosive offensive year after year?

Unfortunately, without Forte and Cutler, we're being robbed of the opportunity to evaluate Martz these last 6 games. Things were going in the right direction, for what it's worth.

I think you may be onto something. However I do have to say there is something that needs to be done...quicker...if Martz is given another chance. Especially considering. as I recently heard on the radio, Cutler has yet to finish the season healthy since Martz took over OC duties. I don't like the trend of him (Martz) occasionally forgetting the tweaks he needs to put into the game to get Cutler the time and results we are all looking for. Nor do I like that it seems to take a fair part of the season to get the Offense on track and after Martz has been "talked to" or taken the blame, which he has done twice this year.

As far as consistency goes, I would think it better for Cutler to stay with Martz. Especially with how he had started to gain momentum. I would be curious to hear what Cutler's candid remarks would be about this Offense. Does he like it or does he hate it? That is ultimately who it matters to.

With regard to the "Air Coryell" remark, that is what Martz is a disciple of. However Martz' version of late is the watered down version of what he had before in St Louis. Which is good. The one thing I would like to see more of is quicker play calling (takes too long to get to Jay) and the option to audibilize. Jay has a pretty good grasp of game speed and reading opposing "D"s that he should be able to adjust away from something he sees isn't going to work.

I think you may be onto something. However I do have to say there is something that needs to be done...quicker...if Martz is given another chance. Especially considering. as I recently heard on the radio, Cutler has yet to finish the season healthy since Martz took over OC duties. I don't like the trend of him (Martz) occasionally forgetting the tweaks he needs to put into the game to get Cutler the time and results we are all looking for. Nor do I like that it seems to take a fair part of the season to get the Offense on track and after Martz has been "talked to" or taken the blame, which he has done twice this year.

Weird thing though is...Cutler hasn't really been hurt by the offensive line or Martz's playcalling, at least in the injuries that cost him the "end of the last 2 seasons". This season was by all accounts as much of a fluke injury as you could get. Last year's injury maybe, maybe you could blame that on the O-line, but we can't even seem to agree on when it happened. The only O-Line injury Cutler has really taken was that concussion that cost him the Carolina game last year.

You're right on the "Mad Martz" game every year being a problem, Giants last year, Detroit this year. That def. needs to stop. But a different OC might well put Cutler at greater risk, if you're rolling him out and using his legs more, he's probably set up to take quite a few bigger hits in that way.