Hypothetical: Cutler can't come back this year

jason

I hate to see the Bears lose as much as the next guy, but I also had the midlevel record that always gets the Bears a midlevel draft pick. If Cutler doesn't come back this year, and they have a good idea he won't, do you even want the Bears to make the playoffs?

I don't. They'll get embarrassed, and likely a worse draft pick.

I hate to see the Bears lose as much as the next guy, but I also had the midlevel record that always gets the Bears a midlevel draft pick. If Cutler doesn't come back this year, and they have a good idea he won't, do you even want the Bears to make the playoffs?

I realize this isn't what you meant, but as long as Cutler can come back for next year (16 days away and before the end of the season!!) then Yes! I want them to go to the playoffs! ;)

Yes I do. I would get to see them on TV and, for the payers andtea, they'll make some more $. So it's good for all. And I agree, they aren't going anywhere without Cutler. And I really don't want him to rush back and screw up the hand.

Call me crazy... I want to make the playoffs. With or without Jay and Matt. The experience is a good thing, even short-handed. And if by an odd chance we can KO a hated rival, then wonderful. (Fully realizing the odds of that are similar to a Lottery win...)

If there is no chance Cutler or Forte can not play in the playoffs then i say lose out, get the best draft pick possible. The better player we draft the better chance he can make an impact next year.

With Atl winning last night they have NO and TB left, they will prolly spilt those two leaving them at 10-6, which would mean we would have to win out which seems very unlikely with us going to GB on xmas.

DET has OAK, SD and GB- they could possibly lose all three or win all three. So who knows how they will end up. I think our best shot is them losing enough to get us in the playoffs. If we go 2 and 1 and they go 1 and 2 then Im pretty sure we get in.

Talking about this is just making me want to beat the crap out of my computer screen right now, KC should have been a W, Den was a W until the biggest brain fart I mean 2 biggest brain farts happened with 2:00 mins left in the game. We should not even be in this situation.

The only shot we have in playoffs is if Forte and Cutler play, if they are out then its pointless, we couldnt beat OAK, KC and Den, the comp in the playoffs will be much better then those teams. I guess crazier things have happened, AZ in 06 when Rx went to bad Rex, the D and special teams won that game.

You know what screw it i hope they make the playoffs with or without Cutler and Forte!!!!! lol!!!!!

I have to agree with Mad Lith's analysis if for no other reason getting those players, especially the younger ones, the experience of playoff game experience so when next year does roll around they are that much more prepared. As I'm not big on rushing Cutler back before he's ready, something tells me he's going to try and make it a go by Christmas Day.

And if for nothing else I want to see if the eerie coincidences I've been noting play out.

By the by, Christmas Day is a good Chicago sports day. The Bears/Packers tilt as well as the Bulls season opener against the Lakers.

Happy Holidays. :bears

You know it's a strange day when when agree! :cheers

Seriously, could there not be a better Christmas gift than handing the Packers a loss?

I have to agree with Mad Lith's analysis if for no other reason getting those players, especially the younger ones, the experience of playoff game experience so when next year does roll around they are that much more prepared. As I'm not big on rushing Cutler back before he's ready, something tells me he's going to try and make it a go by Christmas Day.

And if for nothing else I want to see if the eerie coincidences I've been noting play out.

By the by, Christmas Day is a good Chicago sports day. The Bears/Packers tilt as well as the Bulls season opener against the Lakers.

Happy Holidays. :bears