Looking to next year

Chitownhustla

Cutler is back

Sign or franchise Forte

Williams and Carmi back for the OLine

Oline

LT- someone new= i do not like depending on Webb at LT, he shows some flashes of being good but you cant count on it week in and week out

LG- Williams back= he will do, sucks having a first round LT playing LG but it is what it is,

C- Garza= have not wathched alot but seemed to hold his own

RG- Louis= when he plays mad he can really blow people off the ball

RT- Carmi= this depends on his health, but going into his second year in the NFl he should be good

Looking at this for the O i would say the biggest concerns are WR and then LT, you look at the O without Cutler and the WR problems can not be hidden. We need a WR flat out no doubt about it!!! If we had to go with Webb at LT i would be ok with it but would rather not.

WR

Williams= a joke

Hester= stick to returns

Bennet= with Cutler he was good

Knox= no telling with the injury he just had

Sanzenbacher= drops, drops, drops= maybe he will turn out to be ok with a full year in the system and an off season to go with it

Seeing 2 of our starters go down with injuries on the oline i think he need some depth but with the 2 coming back i think the oline can be ok. I think the first targeted postion be it FA or draft needs to be a WR. You put Cutler with a big time WR it will open things up for Forte and the rest of the WR bunch.

With our D aging quickly we will need a high powerd O to bridge the team until the studs we have on D are replaced. I say that we have 2 maybe 3 years with the core of the D we have now. If you can put a high powered O together right now it will give the front office time to start replacing the guys like URL, Briggs, Peppers and Tillman. If the O is not fixed before these guys are done we will be left team that cant play D or O. If you go into the rebuilding process for the D with the O we have now we will be screwed for a long time.

Look at the Pack, their O is so good the D does not have to do much to win games. You dont find guys like Peppers, Url and Briggs all the time, we got a couple more years left with them. The time is now, we got to get the O corrected!!!!

If we came away from next offseason with one of Blackmon, Jeffery, Floyd along with Carl Nicks I would be a very happy man.

I think we need to go OL again with someone like Barrett Jones/OT/ alabama- he can play both LT and LG so if we sell out Webb, we can put him there

then in the 2nd round draft Toon/WR/Wisc.- stats arent special because he played on a running team, but could be a stud

I think we need to go OL again with someone like Barrett Jones/OT/ alabama- he can play both LT and LG so if we sell out Webb, we can put him there

then in the 2nd round draft Toon/WR/Wisc.- stats arent special because he played on a running team, but could be a stud

If either one of those guys are available by the time we pick (Blackmon, Jeffery, or Floyd) it would be idiotic to not take one of those receivers. We need a serious upgrade at our skill positions, and in a league where every high powered offense has a play making TE and 1 or 2 really really good receivers, we have Kellen Davis, Roy Williams, Devin Hester, and Johnny Knox.. We desperately need a couple of WR's. One can come from the draft, one can come from free agency, I don't care, just as long as we draft one in the 1st round providing atleast one of those three players I just mentioned are available.

With Martz gone, and a few of our own lineman coming back, the line should improve just on it's own by virtue of those two things. Obviously we still need an upgrade there, and like I said, Carl Nicks would be the #1 guy I would target to come here via free agency if New Orleans doesn't franchise him again. If he does get franchised, there is also the possibility of a guy like Mario Williams.

If either one of those guys are available by the time we pick (Blackmon, Jeffery, or Floyd) it would be idiotic to not take one of those receivers. We need a serious upgrade at our skill positions, and in a league where every high powered offense has a play making TE and 1 or 2 really really good receivers, we have Kellen Davis, Roy Williams, Devin Hester, and Johnny Knox.. We desperately need a couple of WR's. One can come from the draft, one can come from free agency, I don't care, just as long as we draft one in the 1st round providing atleast one of those three players I just mentioned are available.

With Martz gone, and a few of our own lineman coming back, the line should improve just on it's own by virtue of those two things. Obviously we still need an upgrade there, and like I said, Carl Nicks would be the #1 guy I would target to come here via free agency if New Orleans doesn't franchise him again. If he does get franchised, there is also the possibility of a guy like Mario Williams.

Yet somehow many other teams are turning nobodies and lesser knowns into viable offensive weapons. Why is that? Some of the time it's because the QB is just ridiculous. Some of the times it's because the surrounding talent is too deep to fail. And some of the times, it's just a matter of giving a decent QB all day to throw behind a stud OL.

Regardless of FA, I think the Bears absolutely have to go LT/WR or WR/LT in the first two rounds. Depending on how the draft goes, I could see Floyd available when the Bears pick...and maybe Jeffery. No way Blackmon is there. On the other hand, I could also see Riley Reiff (OT, Iowa) slipping to the Bears. If it's between Reiff or Floyd/Jeffery, I wouldn't be really upset either way, but it would make more sense to go LT/WR than WR/LT because there just isn't a lot of 2nd round LT talent available.

My ideal draft goes:

1 - Riley Reiff, LT, Iowa

2 - Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin - or - Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa

3a - BPA FS

3b - Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin - or - Senio Kelemete, G, Washington

Regardless of FA, I think the Bears absolutely have to go LT/WR or WR/LT in the first two rounds. Depending on how the draft goes, I could see Floyd available when the Bears pick...and maybe Jeffery. No way Blackmon is there. On the other hand, I could also see Riley Reiff (OT, Iowa) slipping to the Bears. If it's between Reiff or Floyd/Jeffery, I wouldn't be really upset either way, but it would make more sense to go LT/WR than WR/LT because there just isn't a lot of 2nd round LT talent available.

My ideal draft goes:

3a - BPA FS

i would STRONGLY go for a high quality guard in this draft. a first day pick. we also NEED to draft a very good prospect at center!!

Yet somehow many other teams are turning nobodies and lesser knowns into viable offensive weapons. Why is that? Some of the time it's because the QB is just ridiculous. Some of the times it's because the surrounding talent is too deep to fail. And some of the times, it's just a matter of giving a decent QB all day to throw behind a stud OL.

My ideal draft goes:

3a - BPA FS

I just don't see a whole lot of talent in this years draft from the offensive line, outside of the Khalil kid. Whereas the WR position is going to be filled with talent. I guess you could use that as a reason why you should get a OL early as opposed to late but I still believe if one of those three guys are there by the time the Bears pick, you have to take one. That kind of talent would be too hard to pass up IMO.

Which combination would be best for the Bears if this was their menu on draft day?

RD1:

Jonathan Martin OT Stanford

Reilly Reif OT Iowa

David DeCastro G Stanford

Quenton Coples DE NC

Michael Floyd WR ND

Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska

RD2:

Dwight Jones WR NC

Brandon Jenkins DE FSU

Andre Branch DE Clemson

Mark Barron SS Alabama

TJ McDonald S USC

Ben Jones C Georgia

RD3A:

Shaun Prater CB Iowa

Coryell Judie CB Texas AM

Kevin Zeitler G Wis

Levy Adock OT OK St

Tommy Streeter WR Mia

Andrew Datko OT FSU

RD3B:

Cam Johnson DE Vir

Senio Kelemete G Was

Michael Brewster C Ohio St

Nate Potter OT Boise St

Marvin McNutt WR Iowa

Casey Hayward CB Vand

100% agree.

With what just happened to Knox and Hurd last week, the Bears could use 2-3 WR's this offseason.

100% Disagree.

Just look at the one play Hanie had loads of time this past week: Intermediate TD to Bell. Even a subpar, potentially shouldn't be in the NFL QB like Hanie can throw a TD in the NFL if you give him enough time. And that was to a backup RB improvising. Give someone like Cutler that time and he's be surgical.

My preference, in order, for the first three rounds: OT, WR, OG, FS.

I just don't see a whole lot of talent in this years draft from the offensive line, outside of the Khalil kid. Whereas the WR position is going to be filled with talent. I guess you could use that as a reason why you should get a OL early as opposed to late but I still believe if one of those three guys are there by the time the Bears pick, you have to take one. That kind of talent would be too hard to pass up IMO.

Yes, I think that's an even bigger reason to go OL earlier. Hell, guys like McNutt and Toon will be there in the 2nd round. That WR talent is better than the 2nd round OL talent that will be available. But I could understand if Floyd or Jeffery is there (Blackmon will not be) and the Bears wanted to jump on it.

Which combination would be best for the Bears if this was their menu on draft day?

RD1:

Jonathan Martin OT Stanford

Reilly Reif OT Iowa

David DeCastro G Stanford

Quenton Coples DE NC

Michael Floyd WR ND

Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska

RD2:

Dwight Jones WR NC

Brandon Jenkins DE FSU

Andre Branch DE Clemson

Mark Barron SS Alabama

TJ McDonald S USC

Ben Jones C Georgia

RD3A:

Shaun Prater CB Iowa

Coryell Judie CB Texas AM

Kevin Zeitler G Wis

Levy Adock OT OK St

Tommy Streeter WR Mia

Andrew Datko OT FSU

RD3B:

Cam Johnson DE Vir

Senio Kelemete G Was

Michael Brewster C Ohio St

Nate Potter OT Boise St

Marvin McNutt WR Iowa

Casey Hayward CB Vand

RD1 - That would pose a great dilemma, but the Bears staff would probably get Coples. Which would piss off 99% of the fans.

RD2 - Yuck. Let's hope it plays out better than that.

RD3a - Zeitler

RD3b - McNutt

Saw that coming a mile away!

This isn't about Hanie's ineptness...yes the line didn't help. And I stand by that OL is still one of the priorities. But we do not have a WR worthy of anything. We need one badly... If there isn't one w/o a reach in the first, fine, go OL. But, the next better well be WR.

I have no problem with that order unless there is a top flight WR available for the appropriate value in R1.

100% Disagree.

Just look at the one play Hanie had loads of time this past week: Intermediate TD to Bell. Even a subpar, potentially shouldn't be in the NFL QB like Hanie can throw a TD in the NFL if you give him enough time. And that was to a backup RB improvising. Give someone like Cutler that time and he's be surgical.

My preference, in order, for the first three rounds: OT, WR, OG, FS.

No point in this nonsense....we have Angelo picking from the board.

RD 1: DT

RD 2: TE

RD: 3 SS (but we can move him to FS)

RD: 3 OLB

RD 4: OC

RD 5: OT

RD 6: WR

RD 7: WR

TOO FUNNY!!! To add the DT will have impressed JA by jumping out of a pool while holding 50lb weights in each hand while not really ever playing great football, every other team would have had him rated as a 4th or 5th round pick.

I think it is safe to say we all agree that OL and WR are the two biggest needs going into FA and the Draft. Lets say we do not add anyone in FA just for the sake of looking at what to do in the Draft. I would be happy if when the Bears pick they take the best avaible between the two. If there is a Floyd or Jeffrey sitting there and they are higher ranked then the remaining OL i say go WR if there is an OL left that is higher ranked then the WR left go OL.

I think it is safe to say we all agree that OL and WR are the two biggest needs going into FA and the Draft. Lets say we do not add anyone in FA just for the sake of looking at what to do in the Draft. I would be happy if when the Bears pick they take the best avaible between the two. If there is a Floyd or Jeffrey sitting there and they are higher ranked then the remaining OL i say go WR if there is an OL left that is higher ranked then the WR left go OL.

If the Bears came away from this draft with a first round O-Lineman and a 2nd or 3rd round WR, I'd be genuinely disappointed. The Bears need a major upgrade at WR and a guy who can step in and make a difference ASAP, and they're not getting that anywhere but the first.

If the Bears came away from this draft with a first round O-Lineman and a 2nd or 3rd round WR, I'd be genuinely disappointed. The Bears need a major upgrade at WR and a guy who can step in and make a difference ASAP, and they're not getting that anywhere but the first.

I agree with the need to get a stud WR, the last thing i want is the Bears reaching for a WR just for the sake of taking a WR in the first.

I'm right there with you.

In fact, regardless if we get OL or WR in FA, I still think both those positions are high need in the draft. But, if we go that route and JA is still drafting, I fully expect another DL.

FWIW, I'm not going to reveal my source, but my sources are usually right, and I'm hearing that if JA is back, he's going to spend even more money than he did when he signed Taylor, Peppers, and Manumaleuna. Granted, there's no telling if he'll spend it more wisely. :)

No point in this nonsense....we have Angelo picking from the board.

RD 1: DT

RD 2: TE

RD: 3 SS (but we can move him to FS)

RD: 3 OLB

RD 4: OC

RD 5: OT

RD 6: WR

RD 7: WR

If this happened, would it actually be horrendous? Kellen Davis has no upside, their DT's stink, and Briggs' will likely demand a trade, so OLB will be a need.

Obviously, I wouldn't be happy if this did happen, but let's not act like a real TE, DT, and a young LB is a bad thing.

100% agree.

With what just happened to Knox and Hurd last week, the Bears could use 2-3 WR's this offseason.

Add in the fact that it looks like Hester will be moved primarily to ST and the fact that Sanzenbacher is garbage...yeah...

If we came away from next offseason with one of Blackmon, Jeffery, Floyd along with Carl Nicks I would be a very happy man.

No way on Blackmon. What about Vincent Jackson via FA?

Frankly, more strength at the DE position is a need for this team as well.

And DT.

My ideal draft goes:

3a - BPA FS

Not bad. I wouldn't mind that route. They could even go DE or DT in round 2 if they sign a WR via FA instead of McNutt/Toon. BTW, I still do not see the organization giving up on Conte already.