On Cutler and Forte

Connorbear

If Cutler is not injured, the Bears have already qualified for the playoffs. Clearly, he is the most important part of the offense. No matter how much I like Forte, he is not the center of the offense and can be replaced. The Bears have run the ball very well without him the last 3 games. My point is I would not pay Forte what he is asking for. I would tell him the previous offer is on the table. He can sign that or we will franchise him the next two years.

Bottom line, they have to improve the OL and WR core on this team. Someone said in another post that RBs are a dime a dozen. Forte is a very good RB but not an elite RB ala Chris Johnson or Adrian Peterson. Look at how Denver used to pump out different 1,000 RBs. Do not break the bank with Forte.

Peace :dabears

I'm with you. In fact, I'd offer Forte less. I was all in favor for more...but having seen what we've seen, and realizing as good as Forte is, he stil has serious problems ending up in the end zone after all the production.

Sadly, I think secondary is now a big concern as well as OL and WR, with those 2 being priority 2 and 1 respectively. And are Johnson and Peterson really worth that money? The NFL as a whole may need to re-think the true value or RB's in this now pass friendly league...

If Cutler is not injured, the Bears have already qualified for the playoffs. Clearly, he is the most important part of the offense. No matter how much I like Forte, he is not the center of the offense and can be replaced. The Bears have run the ball very well without him the last 3 games. My point is I would not pay Forte what he is asking for. I would tell him the previous offer is on the table. He can sign that or we will franchise him the next two years.

Bottom line, they have to improve the OL and WR core on this team. Someone said in another post that RBs are a dime a dozen. Forte is a very good RB but not an elite RB ala Chris Johnson or Adrian Peterson. Look at how Denver used to pump out different 1,000 RBs. Do not break the bank with Forte.

What does Mike Shanahan have to do with Mike Martz and the Bears?

Forte, IMO, is an elite back. He can catch better than most RB's, he's a very good blocker, he has solid burst, good vision, etc. He also has shown he's well liked and is a good teammate by not sitting out due to contractual issues.

With that being said, I do agree. I don't want the Bears to pay him $9m/year for 5-6 years. If that happens, and in year #3 he gets hurt and that starts a trend of injuries for him, everyone will say "OMG ANGELO IS A F***ING IDIOT. HE F***ED THIS FRANCHISE BY GIVING A BACK IN HIS 5TH YEAR TONS OF MONEY. DOESN'T THAT IDIOT KNOW RB'S AREN'T GOOD AFTER THEIR 5TH YEAR?!? GO FIGURE! HE ALSO DRAFTED THAT INJURY RIDDLED COLUMBO TOO!"

Forte, IMO, is an elite back. He can catch better than most RB's, he's a very good blocker, he has solid burst, good vision, etc. He also has shown he's well liked and is a good teammate by not sitting out due to contractual issues.

With that being said, I do agree. I don't want the Bears to pay him $9m/year for 5-6 years. If that happens, and in year #3 he gets hurt and that starts a trend of injuries for him, everyone will say "OMG ANGELO IS A F***ING IDIOT. HE F***ED THIS FRANCHISE BY GIVING A BACK IN HIS 5TH YEAR TONS OF MONEY. DOESN'T THAT IDIOT KNOW RB'S AREN'T GOOD AFTER THEIR 5TH YEAR?!? GO FIGURE! HE ALSO DRAFTED THAT INJURY RIDDLED COLUMBO TOO!"

Agree. QB was our Achiles heel. If McCown had been here we would have had a good chance winning some of those we handed away. Franchise forte and let Barber and Bell be the backups. Then focus on getting some plass blockers on the OL.

Guest TerraTor

I am with you on Forte.

Kahlil Bell isn't a starter anyway.