JA to have money freedom

Ed Hochuli 3:16

5 days after I posted this

FWIW, I'm not going to reveal my source, but my sources are usually right, and I'm hearing that if JA is back, he's going to spend even more money than he did when he signed Taylor, Peppers, and Manumaleuna. Granted, there's no telling if he'll spend it more wisely.

in the "looking to next year" thread, this comes out.

Told you so. I'm proving all of my doubters wrong (I kid, hence the green).

I know they're not names like Williams, Nicks, and Jackson, but how about bringing in 2 Bears from the past: Brendon Ayanbadejo (to replace Briggs) and Antonio Garay (who has turned into a solid DT)?

Garay is 32 and Ayanbadejo is 35. We need to go younger.

Peace :dabears

Guest TerraTor
I know they're not names like Williams, Nicks, and Jackson, but how about bringing in 2 Bears from the past: Brendon Ayanbadejo (to replace Briggs) and Antonio Garay (who has turned into a solid DT)?

If we speaking ex-Bears, why the hell don't we still have Tim Shaw

I'll go Vincent Jackson and Mario Williams.

That would be awesome. The only thing that scares me about Jacksons is his injury issues and the fact that he's an idiot. I'd just be worried that he'd be lazy and totally suck. Talent wise he'd be a nice piece on the offense. I love DBowe too but he has the same idiot issues as Jackson.

That would be awesome. The only thing that scares me about Jacksons is his injury issues and the fact that he's an idiot. I'd just be worried that he'd be lazy and totally suck. Talent wise he'd be a nice piece on the offense. I love DBowe too but he has the same idiot issues as Jackson.

Name a top level WR who doesn't have those "Idiot issues"?

Mario Williams would be my #1 target though. I think it is so important to have a big pass rush in the current NFL. Factor in that 2 of our teams in the division throw the ball a lot and have pretty prolific offenses and it is even more important (GB & Detroit). And you'd have at least 1-2 years with Peppers still playing at a high level (add in Melton & Paea in the middle and Idonjie spelling the ends and I'd be pretty happy).

Putting in Aba for Briggs is a major loss. Now if the Bears trade Briggs, than we have to figure something out. Briggs is a rock.

What's your solution for that though? Nobody out there will be better than Briggs.

Agreed. I have no problem with those 2 guys, but that's hardly a fix for what ails us most...

No, I didn't mean just sign those 2 guys, but they'd be helpful.

Mario Williams would be my #1 target though. I think it is so important to have a big pass rush in the current NFL. Factor in that 2 of our teams in the division throw the ball a lot and have pretty prolific offenses and it is even more important (GB & Detroit). And you'd have at least 1-2 years with Peppers still playing at a high level (add in Melton & Paea in the middle and Idonjie spelling the ends and I'd be pretty happy).

In an attempt you save money and steal from the Lions, Cliff Avril would be a nice addition.

Name a top level WR who doesn't have those "Idiot issues"?

Which is why I said for years and years that the Bears should have picked up Terrell Owens and Randy Moss. Both could have been had for much less than they were worth, and both would have benefitted the Bears tremendously. But the Bears' FO wants boy scouts.

Here is what would make me happy.

#1 Sign Mario Williams

#2 Sign Reggie Wayne

#3 Draft Mark Baron (safety from Alabama) This dude can play and if JA IS still around, we know he can at least draft defense well.

#4 Sign Forte to an extension

#5 Sign Carl Nicks to shore up the O-line.

If 3 out of 5 of these things happen, I am going to be one happy dude.

Here is what would make me happy.

#1 Sign Mario Williams

#2 Sign Reggie Wayne

#3 Draft Mark Baron (safety from Alabama) This dude can play and if JA IS still around, we know he can at least draft defense well.

#4 Sign Forte to an extension

#5 Sign Carl Nicks to shore up the O-line.

If 3 out of 5 of these things happen, I am going to be one happy dude.

Does everyone think Mario Williams will be a FA?? Is there talk coming out of Houston that they will not franchise him?

Does everyone think Mario Williams will be a FA?? Is there talk coming out of Houston that they will not franchise him?

I'm going to assume they will franchise them. I don't have a clue why they wouldn't? I guess the only reason they wouldn't is if someone else that was of significant value to them was a free agent.

I'm going to assume they will franchise them. I don't have a clue why they wouldn't? I guess the only reason they wouldn't is if someone else that was of significant value to them was a free agent.

Here's the report I posted a few months back explaining why it would be hard for Houston to resign him.

Williams is now a linebacker, meaning he would be categorized among linebackers when it comes to salary calculation. Franchising a player means you are guaranteeing that player at least the average of the top five salaries at his position and the average salary of the top five linebackers is roughly $10 million. Problem: Williams' current cap number is $18 million. Since Williams' cap number is greater than $10 million, franchising Williams means the Texans must guarantee him 120 percent of his current salary next season. It's the way the rule works, either the average of the top five salaries or a 120 percent of the player's salary, whichever is greater. In short, franchising Mario would commit the Texans to paying him over $21 million for the 2012 season alone.

http://www.foxsportshouston.com/11/18/11/F...amp;feedID=3714

So technically they could.. But it is not likely.