Justin Blackmon

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

STATS = http://espn.go.com/college-football/player...justin-blackmon

Videos

-------------

Would it be worth getting ahead to top10 for this guy? I personally think yes it would. This guy is unbelieveable. Would instantly become best WR on team (not saying much, but not to take away from him). Reminds me of Reggie Wayne and Brandon Marshall hybrid... I want no part of Alshon Jeffry, and Floyd seems like a total risk. Nick Toon, probably not a true #1

I would for the right price, but the Bears won't. The Julio Jones trade set the precedent for moving up to get a big time player. He's probably going to go #2 or #3 overall so you're talking about half your draft where you get a stud receiver but then you don't leave very much room to improve in other areas that we so desperately need to, and free agency can't solve all of that. If he somehow slipped a few spots and fell out of the top 5, maybe you could get a team to bite on our 1st and one or both of our 3rd round picks.. probably not though.

STATS = http://espn.go.com/college-football/player...justin-blackmon

Videos

-------------

Would it be worth getting ahead to top10 for this guy? I personally think yes it would. This guy is unbelieveable. Would instantly become best WR on team (not saying much, but not to take away from him). Reminds me of Reggie Wayne and Brandon Marshall hybrid... I want no part of Alshon Jeffry, and Floyd seems like a total risk. Nick Toon, probably not a true #1

No. The thought is nice but the price is way too steep. Especially in a year deep with WR talent.

No. The thought is nice but the price is way too steep. Especially in a year deep with WR talent.

Agree, if he stays a top 5 pick. If he drops then maybe there is a way to move and not break the bank(players, picks). I also think even if we draft a wr with a 1st or 2nd round pick we have to sign a vet wr too, V Jac or Bowe. Wr is normally a positon that that a couple of years to really produce in the NFL. If we only draft a wr and do not upgrade via FA we could be in the same postion as this year.

Yep. We need a high WR pick and a "start and kick ass immediately" vet FA...

Agree, if he stays a top 5 pick. If he drops then maybe there is a way to move and not break the bank(players, picks). I also think even if we draft a wr with a 1st or 2nd round pick we have to sign a vet wr too, V Jac or Bowe. Wr is normally a positon that that a couple of years to really produce in the NFL. If we only draft a wr and do not upgrade via FA we could be in the same postion as this year.

If we traded the Olsen 3rd rounder to move up, we would more than likely be able to move up 3-4 slots. So if we stayed where we are, we could move up to #12. If Blackmon is there at #12, then you make the move. However, I think he will be gone in the Top 10.

Guest TerraTor
If we traded the Olsen 3rd rounder to move up, we woould more than likely be able to move up 3-4 slots. So if we stayed where we are, we could move up to #12. If Blackmon is there at #12, then you make the move. However, I think he will be gone in the Top 10.

I think he Top8 easily. I just hope we dont wste yet another 1st RD. Particularly, like DE...

Would 2 first get us up there to draft him

It depends on which first round picks and how far up you want to go.

For instance, the Bears current pick and the last pick in the first round would get you as far as the top 6 or so. To get that additional first rounder, the Bears would probably have to give up their second rounder as well as the later third round pick.

To recap:

#2 & #3.2 for a late #1

Both #1s for a top 5 #1

Too rich. Especially for a team with multiple glaring needs.

It depends on which first round picks and how far up you want to go.

For instance, the Bears current pick and the last pick in the first round would get you as far as the top 6 or so. To get that additional first rounder, the Bears would probably have to give up their second rounder as well as the later third round pick.

To recap:

#2 & #3.2 for a late #1

Both #1s for a top 5 #1

Too rich. Especially for a team with multiple glaring needs.

im sorry i meant this years and next years packaged together to get into the top 5, not sure if that would even work. just asking what people might think about it

when we had the 4th pick and traded with the jets, what did we get????

Guest TerraTor
im sorry i meant this years and next years packaged together to get into the top 5, not sure if that would even work. just asking what people might think about it

when we had the 4th pick and traded with the jets, what did we get????

pretty awesome FIRST ROUNDERS that year... Micheal Haynes and Grossman....

Hypothetically, we could move into the Top 10. If we lose and SD and PHI wins this weekend, we would get the 13th pick. We could then use the CAR 3rd rounder and move to the 9th or 10th pick. I doubt Blackmon goes in the Top 5, so if he happens to fall to 9th, I would trade that extra 3rd and go for it.

Otherwise, I would wait and even trade down. We could go from 13th to 20th and pick up another 2nd round pick.

Otherwise, I would wait and even trade down. We could go from 13th to 20th and pick up another 2nd round pick.

I don't think this is a good time for the Bears to be trading down. They need big play guys who can step in immediately and contribute, not players for depth. They may have multiple needs, but with a veteran defense and guys who might be retiring soon, the best way to fill the other 2-3 slots is the FA market.

Well now I'm all in on trading up. Probably not for Blackmon but certainly for Floyd or Jeffery. We hosed up our draft position so now do us right JA and trade one of our 3rds to move up a couple spots to get that WR. If we end up losing out on one of those guys because the Bears won this game against the Vikings I'm going to be pissed.

Well now I'm all in on trading up. Probably not for Blackmon but certainly for Floyd or Jeffery. We hosed up our draft position so now do us right JA and trade one of our 3rds to move up a couple spots to get that WR. If we end up losing out on one of those guys because the Bears won this game against the Vikings I'm going to be pissed.

Can we delete this thread???? freak our draft hahaha

Really I hope 54 is not badly hurt

That would be a stupid move for two reasons. Now that the Bears draft position is lower, the cost to move up just went up. It would require at least the first-rounder and the 1st third-rounder to move up. Second, it's a bad move because one of the WRs you so highly covet will almost certainly be there when the Bears select in the first round. No way Floyd and Jeffery go before the Bears pick. Trading up for a WR would be a waste unless some team was stupid enough to give the Bears a great deal on a move up for Blackmon...which isn't happening.

Guest TerraTor
That would be a stupid move for two reasons. Now that the Bears draft position is lower, the cost to move up just went up. It would require at least the first-rounder and the 1st third-rounder to move up. Second, it's a bad move because one of the WRs you so highly covet will almost certainly be there when the Bears select in the first round. No way Floyd and Jeffery go before the Bears pick. Trading up for a WR would be a waste unless some team was stupid enough to give the Bears a great deal on a move up for Blackmon...which isn't happening.

Ya, neither of those two would require a move up... Floyd is the man, i am not at all interested in Jeffry

Currently youmay be half right because of the 2 Jeffrey's draft stock seems to be dropping. All of this is rhetoric right now until we see who is coming out and the 40 times at the Combine. That is how Julio Jones vaulted himself up in the draft last year.

Floyd and Jeffery will both be gone if we are picking past 16th which we will be. I'd gladly give someone a 3rd rounder and our 1st to move up a couple slots and get a primetime WR.

As much as I want help at WR I'd rather fix that position via FA. Our D is getting old we are in a very short window to win the Superbowl with that group. A vet WR is more likely to make a significant contribution than any rookie. OTOH recent history shows 1st Rd LT often come in and play well from the beginning. Even with our current WR group, Cutler has shown he can get a lot of yards out of them so adding a solid vet FA should be enough. What's most important is keeping Cutler healthy.

I'm an Oklahoman and an OKState graduate. Dez Bryant was great for us. And, no surprise to me, he's now one of Dallas' more prominent players in only his second year. (I once saw an OSU game where he was the only guy being thrown to and the D still couldn't stop him). But he would also have occasional game days where he seemed really off, and he's as dumb as a bag of rocks and not always the most mature decision maker.

Blackmon is even better. And that seems to be the consensus among scouts, not just me.

While he's a little scary looking http://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/photos/p...oes-rides-again lol, he's actually a relatively high character, well-spoken, and hard working fella. His strength is really imressive to watch...stepping and swatting through tackles, yanking contested balls away, run blocking... He has blue chip hands. All recievers drop balls, including Justin. But the best way to put it is watching the games, when Blackmon was open and the ball in the air, it wouldn't even occur to me he'd drop it. That's saying something. Money in the end zone (just sick on those fade routes). Very athletic running after the catch. Not as fast as some would like, yet he was still our best deep threat. And he was just as effective as a go-to short yardage receiver as he was a big play reciever.

Anyway, yeah...we're obviously not getting him:( Probably wouldn't have had we lost today either.

But, the upside is that we didn't have a losing season! I know others who only think the Super Bowl is all that matters would disagree (or that want Lovie/JA gone), but I think it's important.